Tropers: Banana Pancakes
Hello, I am Banana Pancakes. Despite the handle, I’m not very fond of (raw) bananas—but I do love celery, cucumbers, broccoli, cheese, and Kalamata olives.note I have a lot of opinions, and when I’m not avoiding people altogether, they’re begging me not to hammer my opinions home. UPDATE: As of May 2013, I no longer run from bananas on sight. It might have had something to do with circumstances that forced me to survive on two bananas and a box of Raisin Bran in a hotel room for a week.
What I Like:Film
- In general, a lot of documentaries. The apex of the genre is definitely Reel Injun.
- All The Presidents Men
- Groundhog Day
- TV Tropes, duh.
- Fahrenheit 451
- Great Expectations
- Harry Potter (the movies—particularly 4 through 8—somewhat less so)
- Life of Pi
- The Pillars of the Earth
- Arrested Development
- Corner Gas
- The Following
- InSecurity was a really good show, at least in its first season; I only got to see two episodes in the second season and it felt horribly different, so maybe it was good that they cancelled it …
What I Don’t:
- Most video games.
- Eragon, particularly as I was then quite fond of the books.
- Get Fuzzy
- School of Rock, surprisingly enough.note
- The Serpent and the Rainbow
- Sucker Punch
- Woody Woodpecker
Tropes relevant in my life:
- The B Grade: Having scored at least 90 on every math test I wrote clear though Grade 9, I was appalled to get an 84 on a similar test in Grade 10.
- Canada, Eh?: I hail from Winnipeg—it used to be the Chicago of Canada, but now we conform to a more Cleveland / Detroit-like stereotype. Given that Sam Katz is our very own Mayor Pain (of, seemingly, both the malevolent and inept varieties!), that distinction looks secure for approximately the next quarter-century.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Melancholic.
- Good Republic, Evil Empire: I adhere to this opinion; I want Canada to be a republic.
- Grammar Nazi
- Not a Morning Person: Downplayed. I hate getting up, but once I am up, it’s not easy to get me to go back to bed.
- Secular Hero: My parents are agnostic, and my brother and I inherited that theistic outlook.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: A moderately unfortunate activity which I infrequently suffer from a propensity to engage in. And yet I am a substantial contributor to the Laconic Wiki …
- The Smart Guy
- The Snark Knight
- Wise Beyond My Years: I like to think so.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: Averted.