- In the episode "Not So Awesome Blossom", Blossom has run away, and Mojo Jojo has kidnapped The Professor and forces him to call the girls' hotline and read a note. Mojo's speaking/writing style + the Professor's monotone make the scene hilarious in a way that has to be heard to be understood.
Professor Utonium: Bubbles, Buttercup, or whichever of the two remaining Powerpuff Girls has answered the hotline, listen closely. Pay attention. Concentrate intently on the words coming from my mouth. I, The Professor, am being held prisoner. I am being kept against my will in a location not of my choosing. If you desire my safe return, you must come immediately to the lair of Mojo Jojo. Together. Not alone. Independently is not an option...
Buttercup: I think we're supposed to go to Mojo's and save the Professor.
- In the same episode, you have this little exchange between Mojo and Blossom.
Blossom: How do you know I won't lie?
- The whole "The Powerpuff Girls' Greatest Rainy Day Adventure Ever".
- "Child Fearing".
- The episode "Supper Villain"
- "You'll never guess what's for breakfast... pan-cakes!" "This family stinks."
- "Eat your pea, Professor!" The Professor proceeds to chew on a single pea for a minute. "SWALLOW IT!"
- "Who wants dessert?" "I DO!" "AW, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, MARIANNE!"
- "DOES ANYBODY WANNA PLAY JACKS AFTER DINNER?"
- "TAKE THIS, KIN OF EVIL!"
- "We haven't kissed like that since 1980!"
- In the sequel to this one, when the entire Smith family becomes supervillains, they give their reasons for wanting to turn evil. Bud (the son's) reason? "You know what? I hate everything!"
- How much better the world was under Mojo Jojo's rule in "The Powerpuff Girls Rule!"
- That episode was full of hilarious moments, with highlights like this:
The Mayor: I lost it! I lost the key! AHHHHHH!
Prof. Utonium: AHHHHHH!
The Narrator: AHHHHHH!
(Being shown as the dystopian ruler Big Butter
) There's only one way to rule the world! Just tell everybody what to do and when to do it! And if any of 'em got a problem with it, they can take it up with Punchy McGee and Fisty O'Flannigan!
- Compare that with Bubble's own idea to rule the world:
Bubbles: Free puppies! FOR EVERYONE!!!!
- The episode "Los Dos Mojos".
- Bubbles, thinking that she is Mojo Jojo after being hit on the head, steals Mojo's clothes when he is taking a bath.
Blossom: What evil have you bestowed on our sister?
Mojo Jojo: You've got to be kidding. I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes, and this is all part of some evil plot TO RULE THE WORLD AS A SOGGY CHIMP IN MY BIRTHDAY SUIT?!
- The exchange after Blossom attempts to attack amnesiac Bubbles after she slams her into a wall.
Buttercup: Blossom, wait! She's our sister!
Blossom: Yeah, but that really hurt...
Buttercup: I know, I know, but two wrongs don't make a right. She hits you, you hit her. Suddenly we're all hitting each other! Then we'll all be back right where we started.
Bubbles: What's the matter Buttercup? 'Fraid I'll whoop that skirt off 'ya?
Buttercup: Alright, let's kick her butt.
- And then, Mojo proposes that they join forces. Bubbles and Mojo get then in a Department of Redundancy Department combat
I’m not Bubbles! Bubbles is not my name! For the name “Bubbles” is not a correct name to address me by, because it is not my name! If you were to address me by the name “Mojo Jojo,” that would be correct. For my name is Mojo Jojo! And I will only be addressed by that name, which is Mojo Jojo! And furthermore, it is not we who will rule the world, it is I! I, being Mojo Jojo, who is not Bubbles, shall rule this world alone, which is to say, without anybody else! And without anybody else shall I rule this world! And when this world is ruled by only one person, and not a collective group, that one person who shall be ruling the world will be none other than me! Mojo Jojo! HA HA HA!
Mojo Jojo: Oh, ''SHUT UP
!'' *conks her on the head again* That's all just well enough, because in reality there is only room enough in this world for one Mojo Jojo. One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one! Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out!
So the only Mojo Jojo there is room for in the world shall be me! And being the only Mojo Jojo in the world, I will rule the world, in which there is only one MOJO JOJO!
- From the anti-Straw Feminist episode "Equal Fights":
Mayor: Blossom! There's this crazy tomato stealing all the Susan B. Anthony coins from the mint!
Blossom: Oh, really?
Mayor: Eh... yeah.
Blossom: And just what do you want us to do for you?
Mayor: Oh, eh... stop her, or... something...
- Buttercup's little crush on Ace being brought up twice in "Aspirations".
The Gangreen Gang? You wished for them? Buttercup:
I thought you were over them! [Beat as Buttercup gives Bubbles a
long Death Glare] Buttercup:
Why do you gotta bring up old stuff?
- Later on...
Hmph! Typical guys
: See some curves; turn into gibbering idiots! (Blossom and Bubbles stare suspiciously at her.) NOT LIKE I CARE!
- "I work in insurance. My company insures buildings in Townsville against damage. [beat] I am a very busy man."
- The girls are hiding in the bushes spying on their new neighbors and spot a little girl.
Blossom: (whispering) You think she can see us?
*Bubbles starts jumping up and down yelling "YOO-HOO!"*
- *om nom nom nom nom* "Pie!"
- "Criss Cross Crisis".
- "Mayor, what are you doing in our house? Oh, I'm not in your house, you're in my body. Oh! Hmmm hmm." [Beat] "Aaarrghh!"
- The Gangreen Gang squealing like teenage girls.
- Blossom flying around as an angry dachshund.
- Then, as Mojo (now a sumo wrester) is at a great advantage against the girls (now a cobra, caterpillar, and wiener dog), against all probability, the girls are transformed into a fisherman, sushi chef, and eskimo, while Mojo becomes a fish.
- "Professor, your hand doesn't work!"
- In "Him Diddle Riddle" the girls have to solve various riddles by a certain amount of time, or else the Professor will pay. The girls lose eventually and the Professor ends up, well, having to pay... for the pancakes Him made at a diner. The pancakes would've been free if the girls had solved the riddles in time.
- In the episode "Mime for a Change".
Bubbles: (on why we need color) Not to mention all the safety reasons!
(Car parks in front of fire hydrant. Bubbles picks up car.)
Bubbles: You can't park in front of a fire hydrant! (Throws the car)
Driver: I didn't knoooooooow!
- Upon confronting Mr. Mime.
Blossom: So, you like to make things black and white, huh?!
Buttercup: Well, how would you like to be black and blue?!
- Mojo's failure to subvert Never Recycle Your Schemes:
Mojo: So, Powerpuffs, now that you have seen these special precautions, what do you plan to do?!
Blossom: *shrugs* We're gonna kick your butt.
- The entire "Curses" episode. Starting with Bubbles saying "Stupid [censored] crayon!"
- This exchange takes the cake:
It's obviously an adjective that can be used for good and bad words. There's great, there's super great, and then there's [cat hissing
- Princess talking on the phone in "Boy Toys".
Princess: Now look, monkey butt, it's real simple! Take your cheap, good-for-nothing, lazy soy latte, honey, and leap out a high window 'cause you're breathing my air, and you are fired! Ugh! *hangs up* Man, my mom can be such a pain in the butt.
- Mojo Jojo's attempt to avert the creation of the Powerpuff Girls, which ultimately makes him the reason for their existence in the first place. Again. You can imagine how he felt about this.
- Big Billy's Show-and-Tell. Partly because of how it comes right out of nowhere, and partly for everyone else's reaction to the one giant eye in the middle of his forehead.
- In the "Rashomon"-Style episode "The Bare Facts", Bubbles' retelling is visualized in crayon drawings, including a cloud "that looked like a cloud".
Buttercup hurt Mojo's head, and I would have kiss'ded his widdle boo-boo, but then I remembered he's a bad
monkey so I KICKED IN HIS FACE!!!
- "Daylight Savings":
- In "Too Pooped to Puff", The Professor can't reach the remote. The girls get fed up with his laziness and leave, except for Bubbles. Bubbles smiles and picks up the remote, then promptly drops it on the floor and exits.
- The townspeople trying to defeat the monster..."If we force the monster to take a bath, his toast will get soggy!"
- In "Impeach Fuzz", Mayor going absolutely apeshit when Fuzzy puts on his Mayor hat.
- In "Meet the Beat Alls" Mojo and HIM are having a Eviler Than Thou argument which Princess interrupts insisting that she'll be the one to beat the girls because she has the greatest power of all: cold hard cash.
Mojo: She has a point there.
Him: (effeminate voice) Yes, she does.
Mojo: But, still.
Him: Yes. *resume fight*
- The Cartoon Network bump in which the Powerpuff Girls take on the Legion of Doom from Superfriends is a laugh riot from beginning to end, from Wonder Woman rolling her eyes over Aquaman's failed attempt to use his aquatic friends to save them to Bubbles wishing to be just as developed as Wonder Woman when she grows up.
- From the Christmas Special:
Professor: Gah! I can make three little girls out of seasoning, but I just can't get these darned lights to work.
- "Bubblevision", about Bubbles getting temporary Nerd Glasses and her sisters making jibes at it.
: Ah, what a sight for sore eyes! Buttercup
: It's old four eyes! Bubbles
: Hey! You said you were just kidding! Buttercup
: We were! Blossom
: About "just kidding"!
- Bubbles gets it again in "The City of Nutsville" regarding a temporary Elizabethan collar treatment as a remedy for her bee-stung throat.
Prof. Utonium: Uh, uh, uh! The doctor said, "No speaking for a week." The less you speak, the sooner you can get out of that, um... that... eh...
Buttercup: ..."Face brace"?
(Buttercup and Blossom break out in laughter.)
- And just seconds later, Buttercup doubles it up.
Prof. Utonium: Now, now, girls. It's not nice to make fun of your sister's condition! It's not her fault that she's stuck wearing this... this... ehm...
Buttercup: ..."Throat moat"?
(Buttercup and Blossom break out in laughter again.)
- Anything involving Boomer.
: You girls are gonna eat your words, spit 'em out, and eat 'em again! Blossom
: That doesn't even make sense! Boomer
: I know you are, but what am I?!
- From "The Powerpuff Girls Rule!"
Narrator: All of the villains and all of the bratty ones and all the fuzzy ones and all the icky ones and all the sticky ones and all the scary ones and all the villains are-
Mojo: One of us is not here!
- The competition the villains have as they literally tear up the city in search for the key to world domination. It become so ridiculous that the girls just have to stand there gawking at how stupid they act while they fight each other in a Big Ball of Violence. And then comes the go-kart-like race they all have to the Mayor's office.
- Mojo Jojo's reaction when the girls beat him in getting the key in the Mayor's office.
- Mojo imitating the Dramatic Squirrel. Complete with big eyes.
- The Professor acting like a big goon while they ride in the doom-buggy. Because of this, Blossom has to tell him to behave or else they'll turn around.
- The final confrontation between Captain Righteous and Lefty and the Ministry of Pain. Especially Righteous' Big "NO!".
- Professor Utonium has shrunken down the girls so they can fight off an invasion of Nanobots more easily. However, the nanobots all fuse together to form a robot a few inches tall, an impossible foe for the girls to fight off, because of the sheer size advantage. Cue The very normal-sized Professor just stomping the robot once.
- The end of "Three Girls and a Monster". Blossom wants to use strategy, Buttercup brute force. What actually works? Bubbles kindly asking the monster to leave.
Bubbles: THAT'S HOW YOU GET RID OF A MONSTER YOU BIG, FAT, DOO-DOO HEADED, NINNIES!
- Earlier, Blossom and Buttercup argue about whether to beat the monster with brain or brawn and each rush off to do it themselves. Cut to Buttercup bouncing harmless off the monster's chest while Blossom buzzes around its head with a bunch of useless maneuvers - looking a lot like flies - while the monster does nothing but stare at the camera, looking extremely bored. Even better, when the shot pans over to Bubbles watching them fail, the monster is still just staring at the audience.
- From "Who, What, When, Where, Why... Who Cares?", the documentary made for the show's 10th anniversary, when explaining Craig McCracken's background:
Narrator: The city of Los Angeles! With the passing of Craig's father his mother decided to move on to greener, more earthquake-prone pastures."
- Season 1, Episode 2: "Powerpuff Bluff". About a trio of criminals who impersonate the Powerpuff Girls.
: (the crooks are threatening to break a priceless porcelain poodle and the girls bust in)
Put down the priceless porcelain poodle, you punks! Lead Crook
: P-p-p-Powerpuffs! Blossom
- Halfway through the episode, a pickup line and the (not-so-sexual) Double Entendre that follows it.
Bubba: Hey, Sweet Cheeks! What's your sign?
Sara Bellum: Stop.
- When the SWAT Team shows up to arrest the Powerpuff Girls, one of them is conspicuously sitting among the kindergarteners using scissors to cut paper.
- The Imagine Spots in "Substitute Creature". Especially when combined with the outrageously melodramatic dialog.
Elmer Sglue: No, Mr. Green! I don't want to be spun!
- Everything about "Meet the Beat-alls" episode. The non-stop references were all too much for me to take. And their plan to use a monkey Yoko Ono to break up the group was sheer brilliance.
- "Powerprof." The whole fight scene where the Professor embarrasses the girls with horrible one-liners and pet names is pretty funny, but what really puts it over the top (and puts Bubbles' face into a paper bag for the rest of the scene) is the Professor casually mentioning to bystanders:
Professor: My little Bubbles. You'd never guess that only a few months ago she had a bed-wetting problem!
- The entirety of the episode "Jewel of the Aisle". "Ridiculous, Lucky Captain Rabbit King! Lucky Captain Rabbit King Nuggets are for the youth!"
- Buttercup impersonating Bubbles in "Octi Gone".
- You're a bad monkey Mojo.
- "You Snooze, You Loze"
- Mojo's descent into paranoid insanity:
Mojo: (Bloodshot eyes and grinning) I know who took my plans...It was you! (Points at bluebird) Well then...It was you! (Points at phone) It was all of you!
- From "Bubblevicious", the source of a massive traffic jam is revealed to be a dog: "Well I may be able to talk but I sure as heck can't drive!" Followed immediately by:
Dog: Bubbles.. have mercy..
Bubbles: Mercy is for the weak!! [WHAM]
- In the same episode, when Bubbles is in the training simulator, the Professor turns the Danger Level down to 2. She winds up in a normal room, devoid of any monsters. Confused, she looks around, the door opens, and...
Robot: Boo. I'm gonna get you. Boo. I'm gonna get you. Boo. I'm gonna get you. Boo.
- from Live and Let Dynamo, the girls are trying to figure out who could possibly piloting their giant robot.
Blossum: Whoever is in there must be the most ruthless, sadistic, lover of carnage we know.
- In the episode that subverts the normal Police Are Useless trope, Mike Brikowski is asked to Turn in Your Badge;
Mike: You...want my badge?
(Mike hands over his badge)
(Mike hands those over too. He then offers his gun)
Uh, no, no, you can keep that. Little souvenir for you. That donut's lookin' pretty good, though. (Gets Mike's donut)
- When each of the girls gets knocked into the Mayor's window during their first fight with the Rowdyruff Boys, he just casually says hello to each of them all while going on about a pretzel-related holiday he's planning on declaring in the town.
- Mojo Jojo singing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears in "Powerpuff Girls Rule".
- There's a lot in "Telephonies" - including Him's terrifying exercise routine - but the best is the Professor, who "wins a million dollars" in a prank call and is told to stay on hold...and does...for the entire episode...without moving at all.
- If not the entire Affectionate Parody of Rocky and Bullwinkle in "I See a Funny Cartoon in your Future", then at least the moment when the absolute worst pun of the bunch ("We're not just dealing with a petty criminal - we're dealing with a tarot-ist!") is followed by a long Beat to really let it sink in.
- While the backlash on the girls due to their doubts on the Fluffy Bunch in "Sweet 'N Sour" is rather heartbreaking, this scene is admittedly funny:
Bystander: Go home, Powerpuff Girls!
- Also counts as a Moment Of Awesome, seeing how Bubbles is willing to stand up for herself and her sisters when the city starts hating them.
- In "City of Clipsville," the flashback to the Professor and Ms. Bellum's wedding, especially the punchline:
Mojo Jojo (in a wedding dress): I have always loved you.
- Princess decides to hatch up a plan to destroy the Powerpuff Girls with Mojo Jojo. She tells him this from the bottom of his mountain, shouting at the top of her voice in the middle of a crowded day.
Princess: You big buffoon!
Mojo: I am NOT a baboon!
- The episode "Silent Treatment".
- At the end of "Members Only", when the Girls prove themselves to the members of the AWSM by defeating Mascumax, the way the villain goes on as he amscrays in humiliation makes him sound like a bully who has gotten a heaping dose of his own medicine.
- In "Simian Says," Mojo kidnaps the narrator and thus gains total control over the show. The whole thing starts with Mojo going off on a rant about the City of Townsville's name and how it being somehow a City, a Town and a Village is redundant and annoying, and gets funnier from there. Mojo makes the girls commit crimes around town and try to kill each other, which becomes a lot funnier due to the girls' reactions - they have no idea what's going on, so they just kind of go with it. Then at the end, the girls discover Mojo in his narrator booth and drag him out looking very pissed off.
Buttercup: "In the stomach or in the face?"
- Later, even though they've won the episode can't end until they rescue the narrator... who can't actually close out the "The Day Is Saved" segment until he gets a ride home.
- "Shut The Pup Up' involves the Talking Dog witnessing a crime, and the girls taking care of him until he feels well enough to tell what happened. The Dog, however, is blunt, tactless and full of lampshade hangings and cheerfully backhanded compliments - which makes most of his dialogue (and the irritation of everyone who has to deal with him) extremely funny. Particularly how chipper he is when saying them:
To The Professor "So, your greatest invention was an accident, huh?"
To Buttercup: "You sure don't throw like a girl, which from lookin' at you makes at lot of sense!"
To Blossom: "Did anyone ever tell you pinkeye is actually a disease?"
"What? What did I say?"
- The ending of Just Another Manic Mojo; Mojo, after trying and failing to zap the Girls with his laser, gets fed up and gives them their baseball. The whole episode pretty much qualifies as a CMOF.
Mojo: Here! Here! Here! Get out! Get out! Get out!
Bubbles: Thank you.
Buttercup: Thank you.
Blossom: Thank you.
Narrator: Next day! Next day! Next day!
Mojo: Now to catch up on the news that has been reported in this paper- What?! "Mojo Jojo saves the day? Gives Powerpuffs' ball?" CURSES!!
- In "Makes Zen To Me", Buttercup and her master have this exchange while the latter is injured.
Master: The water rushing down the mountainside washes away impurities and replenishes the land. You must be like water, grasshopper.
- "Mama wuvs you."
- This exchange in the entirely-rhyming "Dream Scheme".
Professsor: No buts, and I mean it.
- The episode "Speed Demon" was 95% Nightmare Fuel, but at the end when the Girls are talking about the Bad Future, you can hear Blossom saying "...And Ms. Bellum had warts!"
- In "Birthday Bash", after Him's pinata trap fails (and the other villains call Him out on it), Him tries to save face by claiming his real plan was to give everyone cavities from eating too much candy. None of the other villains buy it.
- Not in the series itself but original pilot, Whoopass Stew ("The Whoopass Girls"). The narrator isn't being remotely serious and it's easy to tell. The introduction speech is hilariously, in that it emphasizes how the girls are adorable yet badass and feels like more of a joke than the series proper.
Sugar, spice, and everything nice. These were the ingredients used to create the perfect little girl. But Professor Utonium accidentally added a can of whoopass to the concoction.