AKA: Alec Holland
Abby Arcane Holland
- And I Must Scream: While in Hell, spiders lay eggs inside his body that hatch and eat their way out, causing him awful pain for eternity. To make things worse, the whole thing include a case of Year Inside, Hour Outside.
- Arch-Enemy: To Swamp Thing.
- Axe Crazy
- Back from the Dead: Death seems to be more of an inconvenience, really.
- Bald of Evil
- Big Bad
- Demonic Possession: When he managed to escape Hell, he used this to interact with people.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Completely ruined his niece's life just because she turned down his request of her becoming his apprentice.
- Evil Sorcerer
- Evil Uncle: To Abby.
- Heel-Face Turn: Though obviously, it didn't stick.
- Immortality Seeker
- Joker Immunity: As noted abouve, he has been killed an incredible number of times, but he always manages to come back and torment the Swamp Thing again.
- Mad Scientist
- Necromancer: When he takes over the Rot
- One-Winged Angel: Has at several times turned himself into various kind of hulking monsters through his experiments.
- Same Character, But Different: By far one of the villains who has changed the most over the course of years, to the point it's difficult to find a picture appropriate for his page.
AKA: Jason Woodrue
Abby's first husband, a government agent.
The Parliament of Trees
The Patchwork Man
The daughter of Swamp Thing and Abby, conceived when Swamp Thing was using John Constantine's body.