AKA: Alec Holland
Abby Arcane Holland
- And I Must Scream: While in Hell, spiders lay eggs inside his body that hatch and eat their way out, causing him awful pain for eternity. To make things worse, the whole thing include a case of Year Inside, Hour Outside.
- Arch-Enemy: To Swamp Thing.
- Axe Crazy
- Back from the Dead: Death seems to be more of an inconvenience, really.
- Bald of Evil
- Big Bad
- Demonic Possession: When he managed to escape Hell, he used this to interact with people, even possessing Matt Cable for a time.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Completely ruined his niece's life just because she turned down his request of her becoming his apprentice.
- Evil Sorcerer
- Evil Uncle: To Abby.
- Heel-Face Turn: Though obviously, it didn't stick.
- Immortality Seeker: Towards this end, he often plotted to steal Swamp Thing's indestructible body to inhabit.
- Joker Immunity: As noted abouve, he has been killed an incredible number of times, but he always manages to come back and torment the Swamp Thing again.
- Mad Scientist
- Necromancer: When he takes over the Rot
- One-Winged Angel: Has at several times turned himself into various kind of hulking monsters through his experiments.
- Reality Warper: Used for horrific results when he possessed Matt Cable.
- Same Character, but Different: By far one of the villains who has changed the most over the course of years, to the point it's difficult to find a picture appropriate for his page.
- Spider People: In his third appearance, he became a cybernetic monstrosity, half spider, half zombie, with one compound eye piloting a aircraft shaped like a dragonfly.
- Take Over the World: Seemingly Anton Arcane's ultimate goal. Later, he had the power to do so when he took possession of Matt Cable's body and his reality warping abilities. And during Rotworld, we saw what the world would be like under Arcane's rule.
AKA: Jason Woodrue
Abby's first husband, a government agent.
The Parliament of Trees
The Patchwork Man
The daughter of Swamp Thing and Abby, conceived when Swamp Thing was using John Constantine's body.