We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
"Hey, check it out! Now I can see where I've been!"
"My ass! I can see my ass!
When a freak teleportation accident
, head reattachment gone wrong
or some other strange occurrence ends up with a character's head on or turned the wrong way. Very likely to happen after a Cranium Chase
Could also be the result of Amusing Injuries
, especially a Neck Snap
. Someone with Abnormal Limb Rotation Range
might be able to do this at will without thinking twice about it.
open/close all folders
- A biker goes on a roadtrip with his girlfriend, who's wearing a leather jacket back-to-front to reduce the wind. The bike crashes, sending both into the bushes. When the biker comes to, he gets up to find his still-unconscious girlfriend surrounded by helpful locals, one of which is telling the others, "On three, we twist her head back right way round! One, two, three!"
- This is the "power" of lesser Nightwing foe Torque. Due to radical surgery following a Neck Snap, he continues to live with his head turned 180 degrees.
- The hero of "The Two Brothers" from the Brothers Grimm collection is beheaded in his sleep by a wicked marshal. When the hero's train of animal companions find him, they send the hare to fetch a magic root that can restore people back to life. It works, but the not-too-bright animals have put his head on the wrong way. The hero does not immediately realize this due to being lovesick, and only when he tries to eat lunch he notices there is something amiss. The animals fess up to their mistake, and the lion mends the damage by ripping the head off, then putting it back on the right way with the magic root.
Films — Live-Action
- A sketch show on Radio 4 had a man wake to find his head was on backwards. It turned out to have been done by medical students as a fundraising stunt — to raise money for the victims of their previous fundraising stunts.
- In the final battle of Luigi's Mansion, you fight King Boo in a mechanical Bowser suit. You blow the head off the suit so King Boo comes out and you can start sucking him up. Once you get his HP down to a certain point, though, he'll start attaching the head to the Bowser suit backwards, causing him to run and flail around for several seconds before twisting it back around.
- S.S.D.D: Take a guess how Sticks reattached Tin-Head's head when he insulted him through the reassembly process.