open/close all folders
Shuto Katsuragi/RatmanA fifteen year-old hero otaku who was given the powers of Ratman. His idolization of heroes began when he was very young, and the legendary superhero Shiningman saved him from a collapsing building. Crea insists that he was chosen to be Ratman because nobody in their right mind would guess that someone as small as him would be Ratman.
- Accidental Pervert: As Ratman, he saw Rio naked after she barged out of the bath on him, which is the main reason she's after him. He later apologizes to her for it, and she forgives him.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Based on lab rats, specifically on the notion of their use in experiments.
- Anti-Hero: He is classified as a supervillain because he was forced to rob the Kizaki mansion for his debut as Ratman and because he beat the stuffing out of ANKaiser, but he's not evil.
- Ascended Fanboy: But not in the way he thought he'd be.
- Battle Aura: When he loses control of his Super-Powered Evil Side he becomes covered in an aura of black smoke.
- Berserk Button: Making fun of his height, heroes who don't act heroic, and people making fun of others' dreams. When his sisters are kidnapped and nearly killed by Yakuza, Ratman states that he didn't know what he would have done if they'd been hurt.
- Big Eater: Due to transforming into Ratman. He burns through calories at an accelerated rate.
- Body Horror: Later transformations are more controlled yet nevertheless transforms Shuto in new and monstrous ways.
- Breath Weapon: In his berserk state he can spit a powerful beam of energy.
- Broken Faceplate: When Ratman gets excited or angry his faceplate splits into a mouth full of fangs.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Mirea and Rio have both expressed interest in him, but he has no idea, much to the former's annoyance. Shiki continually lampshades this.
- Dark Is Not Evil: As Ratman he is around six feet tall, dressed in what appears to be a black bodysuit and a Scarf of Asskicking, and has a faceplate that morphs into a mouthful of fangs. He's also nicer than a lot of the superheroes.
- Despair Event Horizon: When photos of Mirea shopping with the Jackie soldiers turn up, Shuto promises to stop them from being published. When he discovers he's too late, however, he is thrown into such despair that he would have gone One-Winged Angel had Chihaya Sugimura not called and had the photos retracted,
- Eyeless Face: As Ratman his "helmet" has no eyes, just red markings.
- Facial Markings: Ratman's helmet has four jagged red stripes that connect in the front. In his berserk state a fifth one appears.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar on his back from being crushed by a chunk of concrete when he was younger.
- Henshin Hero: He uses the APPEND GEAR to activate his S-Genes and transform into Ratman.
- Heroic Build: He's six feet tall and absolutely ripped as Ratman, which makes it that much harder to discern his identity considering the fact that he's a five foot high schooler with a Geek Physique to match.
- Light 'em Up: Through his continuous imitating of Shiningman's transformation pose and killer move, he can do it as well; his version is called "Shining Ray de Alter"(a mix of gratuitous foreign languages which could mean "Alternate Shining Ray").
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Gender inverted and downplayed, he is MPGB of Mirea.
- Meaningful Name: As Ratman. Both refers to his small size and his job as Jackal's lab rat for their Super Prototype.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Despite working for a "villainous" organization, Shuto acts more like The Cowl in his spare time, helping Rio solve crimes and hanging out with Fatman. Crea calls him out on it.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: When he gets angry or excited as Ratman his faceplate splits into a mouth full of fangs.
- Oblivious to Love: Doesn't seem to realize the feelings that Mirea has towards him.
- Otaku: Shuto constantly nerds out over anime and heroes, and is often picked on for it.
- One-Winged Angel: If Shuto becomes really angry his S-Genes overwhelm him and he transforms into a bestial, berserk form with claws on its hands and feet, different Facial Markings and a long tail. When Shuto thinks Sin has killed Mirea, his S-Genes kick into overdrive and he becomes a mindless monster that makes his previous berserk form seem tame.
- Power Incontinence: Has difficulty controlling Ratman's transformations.
- Roofhopping: How Ratman gets around sometimes.
- Scarf of Asskicking: As Ratman he has a long, badass-looking scarf.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: By activating his S-Genes he can transform his arms into grotesque talons.
- Something Person: Rat + Man.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: If Shuto is truly furious his S-Genes will activate and he will transform into a bestial form but he won't remember what happens afterwards. Its bloodlust is so great that even Unchain is utterly terrified of it, and Shuto's consciousness feels like he is being consumed by it.
- Super Prototype: Crea claims Ratman is an experimental bio-weapon.
- Super Senses: One of his powers, enabling him to track others across long distances.
- Super Strength: His main ability as Ratman, though he also has Super Speed and Super Toughness.
- 10-Minute Retirement: He gives up being Ratman after losing control of his Super-Powered Evil Side, but later returns. In the epilogue, though, he gives the identity up for good.
- Transformation Trinket: The APPEND GEAR, which looks like a watch. It's also prone to malfunctioning.
- Unskilled, but Strong: After getting beaten up by a bully, he comes to the realization that he's mainly won because of his Ratman powers and decides to train himself
- Wipe the Floor with You: His Super-Powered Evil Side does this to ANKaiser.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: He has trouble fighting girls. He mostly tries to dodge them or get away.
Mirea MizushimaA classmate of Shuto who has a crush on him. She is a member of Jackal who recommended him for being Ratman. She lost her parents at a young age and was then raised by Crea.
- But Not Too Foreign: She is half-Japanese and originally from England.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Despite her outward stoicism, she does NOT like it when Shuto gets close to new people.
- Cool Down Hug: Tries to give one to a rampaging Ratman to stop him from eating Unchain, but gets slashed for her trouble. It still works.
- Covert Pervert: When Shuto is de-aged into a kid and asks to take a bath with her, she sports a Luminescent Blush.
- Cuteness Proximity: She has a great fascination with cute things.
- Damsel in Distress: Is abducted by Sin in the final arc.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: She does most of the cooking for Jackal.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair due to her half-English ancestry, and is the Team Mom for Jackal.
- Morality Pet: Keeps her sister from shooting Shouichiro Kizaki.
- New Transfer Student: And she was bullied for her cold attitude.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents died when she was younger.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Normally puts on an aloof demeanor, but this melts when she's with Shuto.
- Team Mom: For Jackal, cooking for and taking care of her sister and the Jackies.
Rio Kizaki/Cat Girl RioSenpai of Shuto and Mirea. Daughter of the president of the Heroes' Association who dreams of being a hero herself someday to help people. Her father does not want her to become a hero.
- Action Girl: Is introduced saving Shuto from being beaten up by a group of delinquents, and spends her downtime training in martial arts and investigating crimes.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Her Hero moniker, Cat Girl Rio.
- Ascended Fanboy: She finally becomes a heroine in chapter 45.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Ratman in Chapter 35.
- Cat Girl: Her hero motif, as her name suggests, is a cat girl.
- Enemy Mine: While she is dedicated to bringing Ratman to justice, she occasionally finds herself teaming up with him, which gets her to begin reconsidering her assumptions about him.
- Fun T-Shirt: She sometime wears clothes with the words "*SODA POP* A Bright Sunny Day waiting for you" on them.
- Girlish Pigtails: Keeps her hair tied up with two ribbons.
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: Does not like scary things, and has reoccurring nightmares of Ratman's fangs after seeing him for the first time.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a pair of ribbons in her hair.
- Inspector Javert: Has made it her duty to take down Ratman... because he accidentally saw her naked. She forgives him when she learns he's Shuto.
- Jet Pack: Part of her eventual hero gear.
- Little Miss Badass: She's a high school student who can take down gangsters.
- Missing Mom: Her mother died when she was younger.
- Non-Idle Rich: Her father is the head of the Hero Association, but she dislikes being judged based on her wealth and one of her hobbies includes beating up criminals.
- Panty Shot: She's introduced giving a Frankensteiner to a thug with her underwear taking up most of the panel, and is a frequent victim of this trope as a result of performing high-kicks in a short skirt.
- Rebellious Princess: Deliberately disobeys her father's orders not to train in martial arts and runs around fighting crime in her spare time.
- Sidekick Graduations Stick: She eventually gets to finally become a hero and debuts in chapter 45 as Andou Electrics hero... Cat Girl Rio.
- Shoryuken: Her finishing move, Rio de Carnival.
- Tsundere: Develops this attitude towards Ratman as she comes to realize he isn't evil.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She has acrophobia, though she eventually overcomes it.
- Wolverine Claws: Her main means of offence as Cat Girl Rio.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Is a big fan of wrestling, and introduces herself by pulling a Frankensteiner on a thug about to beat up Shuto.
- Zettai Ryouki: Wears stockings and a short skirt in her school uniform.
The Jackal Organization/The Mizushima Family
An evil organization who opposes the Heroes' Association.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Crea has stated their goal is world domination, but she was lying.
- Enemy Mine: They ally with the Hero Organization against Sin.
- Evil Is One Big, Happy Family: Literally. Aside from the Jackie combatants and Shuto, Jackal is solely comprised of the surviving members of the Mizushima family.
- Oddly Small Organization: Only had six members before Shuto joined.
- Empire with a Dark Secret: Crea and Mirea's parents were two of the founding members of the Hero Organization and were involved in the creation of Shiningman.
- Revenge: Chapter nineteen confirms this as their true goal.
- Villains Out Shopping: The Jackie combatants are frequently dispatched to purchase food supplies, often with humorous results. Reality Ensues when Mirea is photographed with them by a reporter for the chief hero magazine and Ratman has to rush to prevent it from being published.
Crea MizushimaThe leader of Jackal who made the technology of Ratman's APPEND GEAR. Mirea's older sister. She raised Mirea herself after the deaths of their parents.
- Bare Your Midriff: Is fond of wearing somewhat-revealing clothes under her lab coat.
- But Not Too Foreign: Like her sister she is part-English.
- Diabolical Mastermind: She is the leader of Jackal
- Hidden Depths: Before creating the Jackal Organization, she and Hijiri came up with the idea of Kreios.
- The Gadfly: She gets a kick out of poking fun at Shuto, whether it's over his height, desire to become a hero, or his budding romance with Mirea.
- Hot Scientist: A tall, busty blonde woman in a lab coat.
- Mad Scientist: Played with, as she is not insane nor is she truly evil.
- Medium Awareness: Occasionally makes quips about the manga lacking romance and "sexiness".
- Misplaced Retribution: Spends nine years of her life pursuing revenge against an innocent man.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents died when she was younger.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her bangs cover the right half of her face. This also covers her blind right eye.
- Shipper on Deck: For Mirea and Shuto. She finds watching their "teen drama" amusing.
- You Killed My Father: Watched Shouichiro Kizaki kill her parents and blow up their laboratory as a child, or so she thought.
- Zettai Ryouki
Gengo MizushimaThe Grandfather of Crea and Mirea.
- Evil Old Folks: "Evil" being used subjectively.
- Hidden Depths: He actually knows and understands his granddaughter very well, and the only real reason he's involved in mad science or supervillainy is because he feels her revenge plot is something she needs to go through with for her own sake. He also believed, correctly, that Shouichiro was innocent all along.
- Mad Scientist: He looks the part more than his grandchildren.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: He's even shorter than Shuto, which is saying something.
The Combatant JackiesThe three foot soldiers of Jackal.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": They wear "J" shaped belt buckles.
- Faceless Goons: What they look like under their uniforms is unknown.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Are constantly bungling missions and goofing off.
- Mooks: Are the footsoldiers of Jackal.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Have a habit of randomly popping up out of nowhere.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Despite their goofy antics and nonthreatening appearance, they have displayed some skill at hand-to-hand combat, good reflexes, and an affinity for appearing out of nowhere.
- Skeletons in the Coat Closet: What their costumes are designed to invoke.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: This often creeps out Shuto.
- The Voiceless: One does talk in disguise, but otherwise they communicate through pantomimes.
The Heroes' Association
An association who regulate heroes from commercial companies.
Heroes Executives and Employees
- Corporate Sponsored Superheroes: With the exception of heroes in Social Order Secret Security.
S-List/Social Order Secret Security/S-SecurityA secret team of special forces who take care of any organizations that work against the Heroes Association and handles in-fights between heroes.
Hijiri Midou/KreiosA member of S-Security.
- Dating Catwoman: Was hinted to have once been Crea's boyfriend.
- Flechette Storm: One of his methods of offence.
- Friendly Enemy: Despite easily defeating Ratman when they first meet he's on good terms with the Mizushima family.
- I'm Not a Hero, I'm...: Does not call himself a hero.
- Knife Nut: Can summon and telekinetically control knives and swords.
- Knight in Shining Armor: What his costume is designed to invoke.
- The Mole: Joined up to investigate the S-Genes. Also a rare positive variant, as the people he's working with have made it clear that they are not above breaking the law and doing downright awful things. At least Jackal avoids the latter...
- Reverse Grip: How he occasionally holds his weapons.
- Teleport Cloak: He uses his cape to teleport himself and others, such as getting Mirea into Unchain's hideout.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: Proposes to Crea from his hospital bed in the epilogue.
Shiki Kazamori/UnchainA young man who somehow has powers despite not having the special equipment most heroes rely on. Soon after he's introduced, he uses his powers to save Shuto's life and they quickly become friends. However, he's also a guinea pig for a very shady branch of the Heroes' Association, and has become their latest S-Ranked hero: Unchain. He was abused as a child because his parents feared his powers.
- Abusive Parents: His parents feared him for his powers so much that they kept him shackled and inside of a closet most of the time.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Is really a nice guy... in his human form.
- The Berserker: When he gets going in a fight.
- Bishounen: He's almost an expy of Kaworu.
- Brought Down to Badass: Ratman's Shining Ray shatters his Unchain exoskeleton and he doesn't use it again until the fight with IS-KA, but he retains his psychic powers.
- Cannibalism Superpower: Can assimilate the genes of predatory animals he devours, an ability he calls "Swallow".
- Evil Counterpart: A shady organization's guinea pig and personal muscle? Check. Evil Is One Big, Happy Family setting and genuinely supportive and caring coworkers? NOPE. Poor thing...
- Evil Knockoff: As Unchain he looks suspiciously similar to Ratman. This is heavily implied to be due to the fact that they both have S-Genes.
- Extra Eyes: Has four of them as Unchain.
- Fangs Are Evil: As Unchain.
- Flight: Even in human form, due to his telekinesis.
- Heel–Face Turn: Is now a member of Shuto's circle of friends.
- Horror Hunger: Really wants to eat Ratman, and anyone else carrying the S-Genes.
- Hurting Villain: He's suffered a lot over the course of his life.
- I'm Not a Hero, I'm...: But he was really flattered when Shuto called him one.
- Karma Houdini: Played with. He's depicted as a legitimate victim and clearly doesn't enjoy having to be evil when in control of himself. Rio realizes this and essentially forgets about how he was one of her captors.
- Laughing Mad: When he finds out Shuto is Ratman he telekinetically tears the school roof apart while cackling.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Like Ratman, Unchain's faceplate can morph into a mouth full of pointy teeth.
- Parental Abandonment:His parents neglected and abused him because of his powers.
- Psychic Powers: Telekinesis and Precognition.
- Psycho Prototype: Hinted to be one by Shouichiro Kizaki.
- Transformation Trinket: A reversed cross with a chain on it.
- Variable-Length Chain: Can summon them to attack or restrain opponents.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: His life has been pretty damn suckish...
Masato Saeki/ANKaiserA hero who worked for the security company ANK Security. After the company flopped, he retired from being a hero but became one again when his gym hired him to be their commercial hero and renamed itself Kaiser Boxing Gym.
- Arm Cannon/Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Wears one on his left arm after he recovered from the injury Ratman gave him.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: One of Ankaiser's main motivations to be a hero is so he can pay his mother's medical bills.
- Finishing Move: Dragon Cannon; an explosive punch using the device on his left arm.
- Freudian Excuse: His questionable and sometimes downright immoral behavior has a lot to do with trauma involving his father.
- Heroes Fight Bare Handed: He is trained as a boxer.
- Jerk Ass: Was perfectly willing to put innocents at risk for his own ego and arrogance, and is scornful of Ratman's idealism.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: ''Much'' more jerk than heart of gold, but he has his moments. See Pet the Dog below.
- Multicolored Hair: Has two-tone hair, one shade is lighter than the other.
- Pet the Dog: His civilian persona is way much more likable than his hero persona; he even teaches Shuto how to box properly.
- Also, when he's forced to quit being a hero, the thing he is most worried about is taking care of his ill mother.
- After finding out Shuto is Ratman he doesn't turn him in to the authorities like he said he would.
- Redemption Demotion: He returned to being a D-rank hero when he became the hero for his gym but promises to get back his A-rank soon.
- Secret Keeper: Learned that Ratman was the kid he met and taught at the gym when they recovered from their double knockout.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: His uniforms have a distinct lack of arm protection.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: His original and new costumes have capes.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Admits he was wrong about heroism being dead after his rematch with Ratman.
Van GuardnerA hero working for the security company City Guard.
- Barrier Warrior: He can create an energy barrier to block and deflect attacks.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Often appears with ANKaiser.
- Salaryman: Works as one when not being a hero.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Wears one for a while until he gets rid of the cape when he gets a new hero suit in Episode 25.
Mikoto Kujo/Ame-No-Uzume-No-MikotonoteA heroic swordswoman who also happens to be a first-year student at Shuto's school. The youngest A-ranked hero, and the commercial hero and the sixteenth owner of the vintage fiber manufacturing company Haori.
- A-Cup Angst: Expresses embarrassment when IS-KA lists her three sizes.
- Action Girl: One of the youngest superheroes registered at the Association, but holds an A-rank.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her uniform exposes much of the front of her body.
- Blue Blood: The motif and themes of her hero-self shows elements of this. The company that sponsors her is apparently a very elite, highly respected company that has been trading and making high-quality fabrics and gowns for several centuries. Think a designer brand that mostly caters to the very elite, rather than just about anyone who's willing to shell out the cash. Not to mention her title.
- Cool Sword: Wields a tsurugi/jian.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Was called "Kujo long chives" when she was younger.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one in her civilian identity to hide her golden eye.
- Hair Decorations: Keeps her hair tied up in a ponytail with a white ribbon in her civilian identity, and in her superhero outfit her armour gives her looped pigtails.
- Luminescent Blush: Has this reaction to having her three sizes listed and the fact that her panties are showing pointed out.
- Magical Girl: Complete with a Sailor Moon-esque Transformation Sequence.
- Panty Shot/Show Girl Skirt: Her dress exposes her panties.
- Precognition: One of her abilities.
- Purple Is Powerful: Her hero dress.
- Red Baron: She is called "Golden-Eyed Heavenly Maiden".
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Her hero name and costume are evocative of Shinto.
- Scarf of Asskicking: As Ame-No-Uzume-No-Mikoto she wears one that invokes female kami. It is also a literal scarf of asskicking, as she can direct it to protect her or attack.
- Sempai/Kohai: Is Shuto's kohai, and calls him her sempai.
- This Is a Drill: Can wrap her scarf around her sword to transform it into a drill, increasing its offensive power.
- Zettai Ryouki
Sakaida/RandolmanA hero who pulled himself out of unemployment and started his own business.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Wears a "R" on his chest.
- Heroic Build: Averted
- Salaryman: His day job.
- Something Person
Crystal Fighter PRISMMANA hero team working for Gimza Jewelry Taki. The members are Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, and Topaz Yellow.
- Transformation Trinket: They use gemstones corresponding to their assigned colors.
Ruby RedThe leader of PRISMMAN.
- Glory Hound: His ego cause his other teammates to go against him. He got better after he and the others were beaten by Ratman.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Averted: he still has trouble fighting the other members when they gang up on him.
- Playing with Fire: Ruby Flame
- The Captain/The Leader: Deconstructed
Sapphire BlueThe Lancer of PRISMMAN.
- The Lancer: He becomes quite jealous of Red hogging the spotlight, and decides to confront him about it.
Topaz YellowA member of PRISMMAN, he backed up Blue when he confronted Red.
- The Quiet One: Rarely talks except when transforming.
Akeboshi Shin/IS-KA/SinAn newly-registered but powerful hero working for the Ad-Bank cellphone company. He's Shiningman's biological son.
- Almighty Janitor: Despite debuting as a D-Lister he is more than a match for the Heavenly Maiden, and he becomes a B-Lister within 3 weeks.
- Badass Cape: Wears one in his civilian identity.
- Big Bad: Once he unveils himself as the one behind the Hero Amplifier app he becomes the main antagonist of the final arc.
- Calling Your Attacks: "Start the app. [insert app name here]"
- Casting a Shadow: As Sin his attacks are formed from the dark energy emitted by the S-Genes.
- The Corrupter: He can activate the S-Genes in people.
- Evil Counterpart: To Ratman.
- Evil Costume Switch: After his IS-KA costume is destroyed by Mikoto, he unveils his true identity as "Sin" in Chapter 47.
- Flight: Via the "Fly High" app.
- Freudian Excuse: His father abandoned him and his mother committed suicide due to extreme debt. This turns out to be a sugarcoated version of the truth. As Shininman's family, they were relentlessly harassed by those who didn't like the growing hero phenomenon, and his father was eventually assassinated. He was also kidnapped by his father's killers and horrifically experimented on to have the S-genes forced into him, as he was born before Shiningman became a hero.
- Gone Horribly Right: Created by a Nebulous Evil Organization for the express purpose of dismantling the Heroes' Association and, later on, kidnap Ratman so they can have another secret weapon. He swears to wipe out every hero and force Ratman to join him. And also kill the people who kidnapped and experimented on him.
- Guns Akimbo: When fighting Mikoto he dual-wields a pair of guns in this fashion.
- Hero with an F in Good: His introduction has him plotting to attack Shuto's school and throwing a fireball at Mikoto. It turns out he's not a hero at all.
- I Hate You Superhero Dad: It is eventually revealed that he is Shiningman's son.
- Laser Blade: Wields a lightsaber.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: His "Security Firewall" app.
- Magic from Technology/Magitek: Uses smartphone apps to attack and defend.
- Omniscient Database: The "QR Code" app, which scans his opponents and looks up data and trivia on them.
- Powers as Programs: His IS-KA identity fights using smartphone apps.
- Power of the Void: Can summon a black vortex that sucks up projectiles and even people.
- Power Gives You Wings: The "Fly High" app.
- Shock and Awe: The "Lightning Strike" app.
- Straw Nihilist: His goal is to "Destroy all heroes".
- Super-Powered Evil Side/One-Winged Angel: The Hero Amplifier app does this to people by infecting them with S-Genes.
- Super Villain Packing Heat: As IS-KA he can summon guns.
- Super Wrist-Gadget/Transformation Trinket: An "IS-KA05" smartphone.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Back during Shiningman's heyday, he was as happy as could be. Then people who didn't like heroes discovered his dad's identity.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Poses as a hero as part of his plan.
- We Can Rule Together: Offers this to Shuto because they both bear the S-genes.
Akiba Holy GirlsA team of maid themed heroes working for Holy Star Café in Akihabara.
- Amazon Brigade: They are a team of superheroines.
- Broomstick Quarterstaff: One of them wields one.
- Dual Tonfas: One of them wields them.
- Guns Akimbo: One dual wields two airsoft sub-machine guns or handguns.
- Meido: Their costumes are based around this aesthetic.
- Rollerblade Good: They wear rollerblades to quickly navigate around Akihabara.
2 Unidentified HeroesA hero team.
- Arm Cannon: They are equipped with them, one has it on his left while the other has it on his right.
- Destined Bystander: They reappear during the IS-KA arc.
- Sibling Team: They're brothers.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Both siblings wear capes on their costumes.
- Wave Motion Gun: The S-Genes upgrade their arm-cannons to these.
Taishi Hosokawa/FatmanA hero working for his family's restaurant Pizza Fat. Initially an E-Lister until becoming a D-Lister at an unknown time.
- Acrofatic: Despite being overweight he is still incredibly strong and agile.
- Babies Ever After: In the epilogue Haruka is pregnant.
- Bland-Name Product: Pizza Fat is a parody of Pizza Hut.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Wears a "F" on his mask.
- Cool Car: The Fat Mobile, an explicit Expy of the Bat Mobilenote .
- Kevlard: His super power enables him to harden his fat so that it acts like muscles.
- Manly Tears: When trying to talk down the Brainwashed and Crazy Mr. Big Horn.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Mr. Big Horn, due to their competing fast food restaurants.
- Took a Level in Badass: Actually handles the berserk Mr. Big Horn better in battle than Ratman, taking him on solo and winning when he thinks Ratman is going to activate a similar power.
- Warrior Therapist: Guesses without being told that Shuto was going to try to tap into the same S-Genes that were driving other heroes crazy and manages to get to the root of Mr. Big Horn's issues that drove him to use the hero amplifier, momentarily talking him out of his rampage.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Fat control.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: His fat can be used as muscle and it allows him to take hits.
Mr. Big HornExclusive hero of fast food chain Bison Burger who moved from the United States to Japan. A D-list hero.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Supposedly based on bison but more likely Texas Longhorns.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Due to the Hero Amplifier app's effects.
- Expy: His design is almost identical to Black Shadow from F-Zero
- Happily Married: To Linda.
- Horn Attack: He can attack with the horns on his costume.
- Hurting Hero: The Bison Burger franchise was bought out in America, making the Japanese store the last one left, and he's been running it all by himself.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Fatman, since both of them are the mascots of rival fast food restaurants.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: One of the few heroes who wears capes.
Yuki/YAVISHero of Shibuya who is employed by MEN'S EGGLE Co.Ltd as both a model and hero.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": His transformation belt, the back of his suit, and his boots have "Y"s.
- Calling Your Attacks: "Men's Knuckle!!!"
- Dark-Skinned Blond: He has darkish skin and blond hair.
- Expy: Has similar persona with Natsuhiko Taki.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: He fights bare handed.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: More like Idiot With a Heart of Gold.
- Small Name, Big Ego: At least he is humble enough to acknowledge help when he needs it.
- Transformation Trinket: A belt.
Shiningman/ Akeboshi MitsunariThe hero who inspired Shuto to become a hero after saving his life as a child.
- Broken Pedestal: Actually speaking to Shiningman nearly disenchants Shuto.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Wears a "S" on his helmet.
- Emergency Transformation: A variant. He was allowed to become Shiningman after coming to his friends, whom he was working with in order to create a superhero, and explaining to them that the people he was working against in a court case have taken his son hostage.
- Fallen Hero: He fled Japan and moved to the United States.
- Finishing Move: Shining Ray.
- The Glasses Come Off: Before he was a hero, he was a glasses-wearing lawyer. When he's about to be turned into Shiningman for the first time, he takes off the glasses that he almost always wore, revealing how he's essentially an older version of Shuto in appearance.
- In the Blood: Infused Shuto with the S-Genes by giving him a blood transfusion to save his life. His son also inherited this power... somehow.
- Light 'em Up: His power enabled him to create blasts of light; he is called Shiningman after all.
- Megane: Before he got his powers.
- The Paragon: He inspired Shuto to be a hero, and it's implied he is this to the other heroes as well.
- Retired Badass: Lives in the United States after fleeing the country.
- Spirit Advisor: Seems to be this to Shuto through the S-Genes.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: The S-Genes trigger this, according to Kreios and IS-KA.
- Super Prototype: For all heroes. To Ratman, IS-KA, and others possessing S-Genes.
Mr. CarsonboThe commercial hero for Sunny Insurance.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Has an "S" on his "neck guard."
TakakiThe assistant of Shouichiro Kizaki.
- The Starscream: Plotted with Dr. Teramishi.
Dr. TeramishiThe head scientist of the Bio Department and legal guardian of Shiki Kazamori.
The Kizaki Household
Shouichiro KizakiPresident of the Heroes' Association and Rio's father.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Gets down in a kneeling bow when asking Crea for forgiveness.
- Better Manhandle the Murder Weapon: The reason why Crea has it in for him. He attacked the soldier who killed her parents, making him drop his gun. Shouichiro then grabbed the gun that killed his friends, vowing he would never forgive their killers. Crea only arrived after the soldier had already fled, so all she saw was Shouichiro standing over the bodies of her parents while holding a gun.
- Hidden Depths: Is a 4th dan in karate, a black belt in judo, and a 5th dan in in kendo. He also has a scar from fighting bears.
- Missed the Call: Was the one originally chosen to be Shiningman.
- Overprotective Dad: Does not want his daughter Rio to become a hero. He finally relents after they spar with each other and she nearly wins.
- You Killed My Father: Killed Crea and Mirea's parents and destroyed their lab, or so she assumed.
Big MamaThe maid of the Kizaki Manor.
- Battle Butler: Other than being a maid, she fits perfectly.
- Maid: Her occupation.
BillyA man from the United States who is Rio's bodyguard and personal trainer.
Chihaya SugimuraA reporter for a heroes magazine.
- Intrepid Reporter: She took an interest in Ratman right away.
- Too Dumb to Live: Approaching a wanted vigilante while he's on the verge of activating his Super-Powered Evil Side is not recommendable.
Nozomi KatsuragiMother of Shuto, Ana, and Yuna.
- Locked Out of the Loop: She has no idea what is going on with her son.
Ana & Yuna KatsuragiShuto's little twin sisters.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Ana to Shuto.
- Hair Decorations: Ana wears a black ribbon with her hair bun on the left side of her head, while Yuna wears a white ribbon with her hair bun on the right side of her head.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Their ribbons.
Kanta MatsuiShuto's friend and classmate.
- Otaku: Like Shuto, he's obsessed with heroes. He's especially fond of Randolman.
Anzu HosokawaSister of Taishi and employee of her family's restaurant Pizza Fat.
- Formerly Fat: And she doesn't like her brother telling random strangers about it.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means apricot.
Roiko AndouAn android created by Hironobu Andou.
- Arm Cannon: Her right arm has a sub-machine gun.
- Blade Below the Shoulder/Laser Blade: Has a bracelet that creates one.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Does not like to be called Roiko.
- Hair Antennae: A single one.
- Miraculous Malfunction: Her sentience.
- Punny Name: In Japanese naming order her name would be "Andou Roiko" (android girl). It irks her that her creator is lazy in naming sense.
Dr. Hironobu AndouAn out of work inventor who created Roiko.
- Smart People Build Robots: He built Roiko...apparently just because he could.
- Mission Control: To Rio.
- Beauty Mark: Under the corner of her right eye.