Characters using a cloak, or a Badass Cape
, for teleportation
. This could be rooted in the fact that cloaks are often used to hide the user in the dark, so a someone who goes into a dark alley while wearing a black cloak appears to dissappear.
See also Cape Wings
and Invisibility Cloak
Anime and Manga
- Kaede from Mahou Sensei Negima! has an artifact that kind of does this... it leads to a beach house.
- A villain from YuYu Hakusho has the "Cape of No Return". He throws it over his opponent and it teleports him to a random location anywhere in the universe. Although he has no control over where the cape takes them (Kuwabara was taken a few miles away), the cape usually lives up to its name by sending the victim to Hell, outer space, or some other hazardous location.
- Cloak, of the Marvel Comics team of Cloak & Dagger.
- Minor Marvel Universe character Devil-Slayer has a cloak that allows him to teleport.
- The Witching Cloak in Fables.
- Envelope Girl from Enigma, though she usually uses it to transport unwitting strangers to other places at random.
- In Under a Velvet Cloak, the protagonist receives a velvet cloak and performs magic, including a kind of teleportation with it. Later, she learns she doesn't need the cloak.
- Kirby: Meta Knight does a Mega Man-style teleport with his cape. It is also one of his special moves in his Super Smash Bros. appearances.
- Slayer from Guilty Gear has one.
- RuneScape has several capes that teleport you, the Ardougne cape the most notable example.
- Sort of done in Mega Man Battle Network. Bass has a cloak that he swathes himself in when he teleports, but his teleportation is an inherent ability.