open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Roa does this to Louis Armstrong.
- In Hellsing, Seras, upon awakening as a true vampire, uses her Super Speed to kill Zorin by grinding her face against the wall.
- During Ichigo and Ulquiorra's battle in the Bleach anime, Ichigo's Super-Powered Evil Side does this to Ulquiorra, smashing his head into a wall.
- Fairy Tail:
- During their climactic battle, Gajeel grabs Natsu with his extendable iron arm and proceeds to grind his face across the floor.
- At the climax of the Tartaros Arc, Mard Geer Tartaros grabs Natsu and Gray by the head and grinds their faces into the stone floor of his ruined guild hall while he's flying at high speeds, even declaring his intent to grind their bodies and spirits to dust as he does so. Luckily, they manage to get a grip on his arms and pull themselves up to punch him in the face.
- In Daredevil, the titular hero at one point gets into a fight with his rival Bullseye (whose trademark is taking everyday items and using them as lethal weapons) in an empty room, figuring he'd be an easy win under those conditions. Bullseye responds by beating Daredevil against the walls and floor, culminating by hurling him out a window.
- Marv does this to one of his informants, from a moving vehicle, in Sin City.
I don't know about you, but I'm having a ball.
- In Constantine, when the devil finally gets Constantine's soul he makes his exit from the room by dragging him by the feet through a pool of his own blood.
- In Spider-Man 3, Spider-Man essentially does this by holding Sandman's face next to a moving subway.
- During the train fight sequence from the Tollywood movie Pokiri, the badass protagonist played by Mahesh Babu does this to one of the three bad guys on the train.
Live Action TV
- In CSI: NY, Frankie does this to Stella in the episode All Access.
- Power Rangers Mystic Force: Phineas actually says this out loud while swinging a Styxoid back and forth across the floor.
- In the Supernatural episode "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" (S09, Ep01), Dean is dragged down a hospital highway strewn with glass by two angels.
- It's not shown on screen but in Leverage Elliot claims a female soldier would mop the floor with Hardison. He then specifies that he is being literal, she once killed a guy with a mop, apparently breaking the mop and then using it in this way.
- Both Rock's and Astaroth's Critical Finishes use this trope in Soulcalibur IV, with a giant mace and axe respectively.
- Ridley does this to Samus in Super Smash Bros. Brawl during Subspace Emissary. It also shows up as one of his moves upon being Promoted to Playable in Ultimate.
- A few characters in The King of Fighters have grab moves where they drag the opponent along the ground, notably Yamazaki and Vice.
- In Disgaea 3, Jennifer's Bomber Knuckle magichange special has the user drag the target up a wall until they catch on fire for the initial part of the move.
- One of Sodom's moves in Street Fighter Alpha, to the point where the opponent catches fire.
- [PROTOTYPE] has the "Body-Surf" move, where you jump on top of a hapless bystander and ride them like a skateboard, leaving a bloody trail in your wake. Unreasonably cruel? Yes. Way more fun than it has any right to be? Yes.
- Asura's Wrath: Asura does this twice, first to Wyzen and second to an Elite Mook. And again against Akuma.
- During the first part of the fight with Zeus at the climax of God of War III, Zeus can grind Kratos' face along the rafter they're fighting on, prompting a quicktime event to turn the tables before he slams Kratos into a wall.
- In Yakuza 5, one of Kiryu's Heat Moves for a downed enemy is to grab their face and scrape it on the ground while one of Shinada's Climax Heat moves is to grab an enemy by the legs and drag them across the ground like a rickshaw.
- Used inn an early appearance of an arc villain in Geist Panik, when he drags an unfortunate victim's face against a brick wall. The attack is fatal. The perpetrator laments his lack of an iPod, since he feels that playing some Rammstein would make the act much more badass.
- Naturally Karate Bears would do this.