Characters: Pretty Cure Mirai Spark
This is the character sheet for the fanfic Pretty Cure Mirai ~ Spark!
. The hypothetical casting by the author is just for fun.
open/close all folders
Pretty Cure and Allies
Hiroko Tsubasa (Cure Draco) | Voice Actor: Yoko Asada
girl whose tranquil nature belies a fiery temper
. She starts the series considering herself plain and unremarkable, especially compared to her older sister. Nevertheless, she embraces her destiny as Cure Draco and discovers her own strength in the process.
- Bare Your Midriff: In Cure form.
- Barrier Warrior: The closest equivalent on the team until Shun joins later on.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Brains.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Usually an absolute sweetheart, but she can snap badly under pressure.
- Big Sister Instinct: Develops some of this towards Muse.
- Big Sister Worship: She grew up idolizing her older sister, Chiaki, only to grow jealous of Chiaki's apparent perfection and distressed at her own seeming plainness.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Brunette.
- Brainy Brunette
- Catch Phrase: "We have to try!"
- Cool Big Sis: Plays this role for Muse, despite the latter only being a few months younger than she is.
- Cooldown Hug: Her go-to solution whenever a loved one is having a problem.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Deadpan Snarker: Every once in a while.
- Elegant Classical Musician: She's said to have this kind of appeal when playing her viola.
- Enemy Scan: The Azure Scope allows her to do this.
- Feminine Women Can Cook
- Hair Decorations: Her blue hairband, which she started wearing shortly before attending Mirai Academy.
- Hime Cut
- Improbable Weapon User: Azure Scope.
- The Leader
- Making a Splash
- Politeness Judo: She practices this and even refers to it by this name the first time around.
- The Smart Girl
- Supreme Chef
- Team Mom
- Through Their Stomach: Inevitably pulls this with everyone she becomes close to.
- Tights With A Skirt: With several of her outfits and with her school uniform during the winter months.
- True Blue Femininity
- The Unfavorite: Hiroko grew up seeing herself as this, due to her inability to measure up to Chiaki. She soon realizes that she always assumed this was the case without ever trying to stand out on her own.
- Why Did It Have to Be Ghosts?: She's shown to be afraid of ghosts in episode 6; naturally, the group has to visit a Haunted House a few episodes later.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A feminine chef with a Hime Cut and who practices Politeness Judo.
Izumi Hamasaki (Cure Kame) | Voice Actor: Mai Nakahara
An upbeat, tomboyish
, and hard-headed gymnast who acts as the muscle of the team
. She is good-natured but sometimes insensitive
and initially believes that being strong and relying on others are mutually exclusive. Still, she tries her best to be a good friend to her teammates.
- Arbitrary Skeptic: In episode 11, she calls Hiroko and Yasu "gullible and kinda wussy" for believing in ghosts, despite the three of them being Magical Girl Warriors who fight demons and the fact that there's ghostly activity going on right behind her as she speaks.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Brawn.
- Big Eater
- The Big Girl
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Blonde.
- Book Dumb
- Catchphrase: "This just rules everything!", and "You've crossed the line!". The latter is usually said to the villain of the week.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Bruiser: All Cures count as this, but Izumi is a full-time example.
- Dame Swears-a-Lot: What profanity there is in the story is relatively mild, but the bulk of it comes from Izumi.
- Girlish Pigtails: As Cure Kame.
- Gravity Master
- I Know Madden Kombat: Her main attack, upgrade weapon, and some parts of her fighting style are gymnastics-inspired.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Izumi can be overly straightforward, to the point of being a little mean, but she usually realizes when she's gone too far and tries to make amends.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Every once in a while.
- Lesbian Jock: Technically, bisexual jock, but her love interest is female, and she shows a preference for girls in general. Notably, her main sport is actually the "acceptably feminine" rhythmic gymnastics.
- Lethal Chef: Luckily for everyone around her, Izumi doesn't try to cook unless she "has to", but when she does...
- Like Brother and Sister: With Shouji.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Aside from her usual additions, she also wears her uniform's blazer open and refuses to wear the neck ribbon, let alone tuck her shirt in.
- One of the Boys: She mentions her childhood being like this.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother and father were around, but they'd pretty much emotionally abandoned her in favor of arguing with each other.
- Skirt over Slacks: Wears a yukata over black leggings during the town festival.
- Super Strength: As Cure Kame, she can use her powers to amplify her enhanced strength even more.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza, to sometimes ridiculous extents. She also has a trademark hated food in miso.
- Tsundere: She sometimes acts like this towards Shun. She's also a platonic version when it comes to her friendship with Shouji.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and her "asshole brother", Shouji are a type 2.
- Whip It Good: Black Ribbon.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: She certainly does, be it on their own or under her skirt.
- Zettai Ryouiki: With several outfits, including her school uniform. She also sports it as Cure Kame.
Yasu Fukuda (Cure Tora) | Voice Actor: Chieko Honda
The beautiful, aloof, and taciturn "Academy princess"
. Although she seems cold and emotionless, she is actually a warm and caring girl
. She initially hides her "weak side" out of fear of being rejected but gradually becomes more relaxed as she befriends the other Cures.
- All of the Other Reindeer: As a child, her constant illnesses and fragile nature made her a bully magnet. She responded to the harassment by becoming an Emotionless Girl... or trying to.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Lampshaded - Hiroko muses that Yasu "should" look like this, since she already has the stylishly feminine looks and austere, sophisticated personality associated with it.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The Beauty.
- Big Sister Instinct: Towards Haruki.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Redhead.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Haruki.
- The Comically Serious
- Curtains Match the Window
- Custom Uniform: Wears a pink military-style uniform instead of the normal female uniform.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Goes from an apparent Emotionless Girl to a friendlier and more well-adjusted young woman thanks to her teammates' friendship.
- Emotionless Girl: Introduced as one. She then proves to be anything but.
- Fuma Shuriken: Silver Blossom.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple
- Hot for Teacher: Has a barely-hidden schoolgirl crush on her English teacher, Alan Bell. She's aware that nothing's going to come of it, though.
- Ill Girl: A former one who still tires a little more easily than most people.
- Lady of War
- The Lancer
- Lunacy/Petal Power
- Nice Hat: Her beret in Cure form.
- Parental Abandonment: Her father died when she was eight (being a Daddy's Girl, she took this very hard), and her mother isn't around very often due to her job.
- The Quiet One
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Physically, she's pretty much Rei with a dye job and glasses. Personality-wise, she fits a number of the qualifications, but isn't quite as inhuman-seeming.
- Showgirl Skirt: Her Cure outfit features a dual-layered one over Modesty Shorts.
- Sugar And Ice Girl
- Yaoi Fangirl: She usually hides it pretty well, but she is one, as evidenced by the incriminating stash of manga under her mattress and her odd suggestive comments/fantasy segues.
Haruki Fukuda (Cure Phoenix) | Voice Actor: Makoto Tsumura
Yasu's cheery and sociable younger brother
and a later addition to the team. He is a an idealistic daydreamer with an honest heart who believes there is some good in everyone. These traits make him the team's emotional center
but also leave him a bit too trusting.
Muse / Jun Inoue (Cure Kirin) | Voice Actor: Ikue Ohtani
The team mascot
and the little sister figure
, a young cat who can become a human girl
and later, a Cure. She is usually childish and hyper
but can be mature and responsible when the situation calls for it.
- Aura Vision
- Big Eater: Technically more of a fast eater, but she sometimes fits under this. Izumi still has her beaten, though.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She has a rather... out there thought process.
- Cuddle Bug
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Kitten
- Daddy's Girl: While Muse does have a mother, she's nowhere near as close to her as she is to Sol.
- Fear of Thunder
- Flower Motifs: Daisies show up a lot in her outfits.
- Genki Girl
- Giant Waist Ribbon: In Cure form.
- The Glomp: Hers usually end with the glompee getting knocked to the floor.
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Magic Music
- Mentor Mascot
- The Medic
- Combat Medic: In Cure form.
- Healing Hands: Able to use this in all forms. As seen in episode 11, overuse can burn out her powers.
- Motor Mouth: Turns into one when particularly excited.
- Musical Assassin: Gold Lyre.
- The Nicknamer: Tends to shorten the names of her friends and add "-chama" to them.
- Odango Hair: In human form.
- Phrase Catcher: Her Motor Mouth moments are almost always followed up by someone reminding her to breathe.
- Status Buff: Her Gold Lyre allows her to temporarily boost either the strength, speed, or defense of one of her allies for a brief moment.
- Team Pet: Sort of shares this role with Kisu, moreso during the first half of the series.
- Tights With A Skirt: She's one of few students (aside from Kaoru) to do this with her uniform and the only Cure to pull this off with her combat attire.
- Verbal Tic: "~nya" in mascot form. She also tends to get really, really, really, really repetitive when excited about something.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Shun Siegel (Licht Panzer) | Voice Actor: Mitsuki Saiga
A friendly and masculine-looking racer
who Izumi has a far-from-subtle crush on. She acts cool and self-assured but is actually a bit shy and self-conscious
. As Kimiko's first cousin, she already knows about Pretty Cure and later joins
the current Cure team.
- Alliterative Name: They apparently run in her family.
- Armed Legs: Steel-toe shoes in civilian form, Verdant Greaves when transformed.
- Badass Longcoat: Her transformed outfit includes one.
- Bad Liar: According to Izumi, you can easily tell when Shun is lying - she starts pulling her left earlobe.
- Barrier Warrior
- Bifauxnen: To the point where she expects to have to correct others about her gender. Any confusion she causes usually gets cleared up quickly.
- The Big Sister
- Biker Babe
- Boyish Short Hair
- Brainwashed: She undergoes this after Kae "hires" her as Tobi's replacement, "E. Kasoku". She gets better after an episode.
- But Not Too Foreign: The daughter of a German father and a Japanese mother.
- Empowered Badass Normal: She's shown to be perfectly capable of fighting alongside Pretty Cure (at least against mooks) earlier in the series. And then she gets powers.
- Extremity Extremist: She relies almost exclusively on kicks when fighting.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Inverted - episode 11 reveals that she's quite the cook herself, even if she's not quite on Hiroko's level.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She actually has a pretty generously-sized collection of them and will add another to the pile once in a while. She makes no effort to hide this, but those who don't know her well are pretty surprised to learn about it.
- Gratuitous German: Every once in a while.
- In-Series Nickname: Izumi almost always addresses her as "Sieg-kun"; later on, so does Muse.
- One of the Boys: She mentions having this kind of childhood, although she had more in the way of female friends than Izumi did.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother is dead, and her father sent her to live with her aunt and uncle when she was about nine. She's relatively positive about it now, but she didn't take it very well when she was younger.
- Shrinking Violet: Covertly - Shun is good at feigning confidence but has moments where she reveals how shy and socially awkward she really is. She wasn't quite as covert about it while brainwashed, though.
- Sixth Ranger
- Support Party Member: Licht Panzer has no finishers of her own - her powers revolve entirely around creating Deflector Shields and enabling Pretty Cure to perform their Combined Energy Attack. That said, she's still a solid fighter who can hold her own as well as the Cures can.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pancakes, although she's fond of anything maple-flavored in general.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Does this to both Hiroko and Kae, who show interest in "him" for different reasons.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Kimiko are cousins who act more like siblings - they usually can't be in the same room for more than a few minutes without bickering with each other, but Shun would do anything to protect Kimiko, and vice-versa.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: She even wore her school's male uniform.
- You Gotta Have Teal Hair
Kisu | Voice Actor: Ayaka Saitou
Muse's adopted "baby brother", a young mouse who holds the power to create a new seal. Every time the Cures defeat an enemy, Kisu absorbs and purifies the energy released in order to grow stronger.
Sol | Voice Actor: Tohru Ookawa
Muse's father, a cat capable of transforming into a human man. He worked with the previous incarnation of Pretty Cure and lent his powers to them, allowing them to act as threshold guardians. He sometimes appears to give counsel to Muse or the former Cures.
The Previous Cures
Kimiko Yoshimoto (Cure Lepus) | Voice Actor: Ryoko Nagata
A somewhat reclusive teahouse owner and the leader of the previous Cure team. At first glance, she is the model of elegance: quietly strong-willed, graceful and refined. However, she shows a more haunted and lost side in her private moments.
Marina Ishii (Cure Ushi) | Voice Actor: Naomi Shindo
A scientist and the oldest of the Ishii family. She arranged for Hiroko to enter Mirai Academy. She is an unflappable, if somewhat morbid
young woman who worries more for the welfare of those around her, especially her teammates, than she would let on.
Rie Gotou (Cure Saru) | Voice Actor: Ayako Kawasumi
A young woman who is best known as the mature and collected radio personality, Maria. Her true self is actually quite bubbly
. She is a friendly and affectionate person who seems to be in a state of perpetual cheerfulness.
Yuriko Kimura (Cure Tenma) | Voice Actor: Yuu Asakawa
A childish, somewhat inarticulate
mechanic. She is in a romantic relationship with her partner, Shiori, who often reprimands her for her behavior. She and Shiori lost their Cure powers during their last battle, and she's a bit more melancholy than she first appears.
Shiori Ando (Cure Serpent) | Voice Actor: Junko Iwao
A mousy literature teacher at Mirai Academy. She is kind and agreeable on the surface, but pessimistic and often depressed on the inside, which distresses her partner, Yuriko. She is unsure of the new Cures' power and is reluctant to acknowledge them as her successors.
Devil King Aseimera | Voice Actor: Rintaro Nishi
The leader of the Devil Kingdom, who spends most of his time yelling at his subordinates and making life a living hell for his subjects. He despises humans and wants to lay waste to Earth, mostly because he can
The Black Triumvirate
Hinyu | Voice Actor: Hiroshi Kamiya
Aseimera's personal attendant
. He acts like a timid and milquetoast Yes-Man
but is actually quite cold and resentful, plotting to overthrow Aseimera and take his place
- Bastard in Sheep's Clothing: Acts like a timid Yes-Man around Aseimera and a personable, if sometimes foul-tempered, guy around Kae, and to a lesser extent, her henchmen. He's actually a cold-hearted person who only cares about himself.
- The Dragon
- Dragon-in-Chief: He's essentially the main villain, considering how little Aseimera can accomplish in his current condition.
- Evil Redhead
- Fangs Are Evil: Has a mouth full of sharp teeth, which are prominent whenever he starts smiling.
- Fantastic Racism: He believe that demons are an inherently superior race, while humans are an "inferior breed" which doesn't even deserve to exist.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: He's very fond of cigars.
- Improbable Weapon User: Flare Cue.
- It's All About Me
- Little Bit Beastly: Has several vulpine attributes, including pointed ears, whisker-like Facial Markings and sharp teeth.
- Manipulative Bastard: He is all too happy to take advantage of Kae's youthful naivete and desire to be valued and loved in order to make her do whatever he wants.
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Nice Guy: He describes himself as this and generally acts the part when around Kae. He really isn't one. He isn't one AT ALL.
- The Nose Knows
- Pitiful Worms: Comes part and parcel with the Fantastic Racism.
- Playing with Fire
- Powerful, but Lazy: He's the strongest of the Triumvirate but only goes out to challenge Pretty Cure a small handful of times, mostly because he considers them beneath his notice. He uses the Trio to do his work for him, despite their tendency to botch his orders, because they're convenient, and nobody will care if something happens to three "lower-class nobodies".
- The Starscream
- Surrounded by Idiots: Definitely feels this way about the Magnificent Trio.
- Youkai: Based on a kitsune.
- You Killed My Father: Hinyu's father died at the previous Cure team's hands thanks to Aseimera, giving Hinyu another reason to despise him. Then, it's only a small part of his motivation to become king, with the rest being pure self-interest, and Hinyu does ration that his father dying removed an obstacle between him and the throne.
Tamakushi | Voice Actor: Rei Igarashi
The cold and detached
lone female of the Triumvirate. She cannot stand to see people getting along and revels in the suffering of others, be they friend or foe. Many of her plans rely on her shape-shifting abilities in some way.
Seimono | Voice Actor: Toshio Furukawa
The oldest and most physically powerful
of the Triumvirate. He is level-headed
despite his brutal appearance but hampered by his blind belief in absolute fate
. He is highly protective of his personal vassal, Kamryou.
- Ambiguously Brown: In human form.
- Anti-Villain: Type I. He's as loyal to Aseimera as the other Triumvirate members; however, unlike them, he has actual standards. He hates the idea of torturing innocent people for one - the one time he's ordered to do it, it makes him ill, and he attempts to call off the Dogou responsible. He's also clearly capable of expressing love and kindness, as proven by his relationship with Kamryou.
- Bald of Evil
- The Brute: Fills the role, but lacks the stock personality - he's actually intelligent and the most civil of the villains.
- Carry a Big Stick
- Dishing Out Dirt
- The Fatalist: He has a mild form of clairvoyance and is convinced that nothing he's foreseen can be changed, making him into one of these.
- Feel No Pain: His rock-hard skin prevents him from feeling much pain, if any when attacked.
- Horned Humanoid
- Huge Guy to Kamryou's Tiny Androgyne
- Mighty Glacier
- Minion Shipping/May-December Romance: With Kamryou.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket
- Real Men Wear Pink: Seimono is the Triumvirate's (seven foot tall) resident muscleman... who is quite the cook and skilled at delicate tasks like sewing. He also wears a pink floral shirt when disguised as a human.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a prominent one on his chest. Naturally, there's a backstory to go along with it - He let the previous generation of Cures escape from the Black Palace, knowing they were in no condition to fight, and Aseimera almost killed him for it.
- The Stoic
- Youkai: Based on an oni.
Kamryou | Voice Actor: Mayumi Yamaguchi
Seimono's rag doll-like personal vassal. Obsessed with and protective of Seimono to an extreme
, Kamryou claims to be "half a person" without him.
The Magnificent Trio
Kae A. Dama | Voice Actor: Kumiko Watanabe
The leader of the Magnificent Trio, a self-centered
young woman who sees herself as a genius criminal, all evidence to the contrary
. She presents as one being but is actually part of a set of conjoined twins
with one body and two faces
on opposite sides of the same head. Not that she wants that brought up...
- Antivillain: A Type I - although she'll insist otherwise, she just doesn't have the stomach for out-and-out evil. She also balks at the idea of actually destroying Pretty Cure (despite asserting over and over again that she will), preferring a rivalry with them.
- Black Magician Girl
- Butt Monkey: The standout among the Trio, although they all have their moments.
- Casting a Shadow
- Creepy Conjoined Twins: With Shahei.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: Her shouting these kind of threats at Pretty Cure becomes a running gag after episode 9.
- Dark Magical Girl: A comedic version.
- Detached Sleeves: She inexplicably stores an array of charms and her staff in them.
- Dope Slap: Frequently does this to her henchmen. She never actually manages to land hits on Tobi, though.
- Expressive Rapunzel Hair
- Fangirl: She's enamored with the Sentai manga (and anime) Space Team Cross-3 and wants to emulate the series' villains, Team Dark Cross. This never goes well. Her crush on "Hinyu-sama" is also shown to be more fangirlish admiration than anything. It doesn't help that she has little idea of what he's really like, thanks to the way he acts towards her.
- Genius Ditz: Despite her usual airheaded and ignorant behavior, she's actually quite skilled at creating magic charms.
- Hey, You!: She pretty much always addresses Pretty Cure in this manner.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Again, all of the Trio could be counted as this, but she's the best fit for the position, being the only one who seems to care about being recognized as a real villain.
- Jerkass: Usually, although she's not immune to Pet the Dog moments (i.e. episode 10).
- Laughably Evil
- Magic Staff
- Painted-On Pants
- Small Name, Big Ego: She's a teenager who can't even manage a three-person "gang" properly, but she'll still swear up and down that she's a "fearsome criminal gang leader".
- Squishy Wizard: Relatively speaking - Kae isn't frail, but she isn't as strong or durable, let alone as good at fighting as Pretty Cure; thus, she prefers to stay out of the way and cast magic during fights.
- Sue Donym: She creates her alias, "Kaeko Damai" in about fifteen seconds. It shows. And yet she's shocked when people aren't fooled by it...
- Talking to Themself: Sometimes appears to do this. She's actually talking to Shahei, but most people aren't aware of that.
- Verbal Tic: "~netsu"
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Shahei A. | Voice Actor: Kumiko Watanabe
Kae's seemingly emotionless
twin sister. She seems motiveless and hollow
outside but is actually more conflicted that she'd let on. Later on, she takes up the alias of "Yuzuki" to spy on the Cures, which allows her to reevaluate what she really wants.
R. Kooyoo | Voice Actor: Yasunori Matsumoto
The slow-minded strongman
of the Trio. He isn't really a bad person, just immature and impressionable
, and he happily associates with humans when not being ordered to fight.
P. Tobi | Voice Actor: Voice Actor: Tomokazu Sugita
and the Trio's (comparative) sane man who spends a lot of time snarking at Kae and criticizing her failings. He actually cares about her quite a bit, (though he'd never admit it
Kou Ishii | Voice Actor: Daisuke Ono
A shamelessly flirtatious
boy in Hiroko and Izumi's class, who happens to be Marina's younger brother. He adores horror films
and sometimes seems to have a tenuous grasp on reality but is a bit smarter than others give him credit for.
Emi Nishimura | Voice Actor: Yumi Kakazu
A timid and anxious girl
who dreams of becoming an idol singer
. Her attempt at founding Mirai Academy's first Music Club fell apart after the other members tired of her underconfidence, which she tries to fix with Hiroko's help.
Shouji Fujimoto | Voice Actor: Mamoru Miyano
A straightforward kendo player who has no problems being abrasive if he has to, especially where Izumi is concerned. Although he'll try to deny it, he genuinely is a nice guy despite his rough exterior
Misty Oliver | Voice Actor: Nami Miyahara
The treasurer of the Student Council, who is originally from America. She's a friendly and enthusiastic
girl who plays a guitar and dreams of becoming a famous musician.
Nanami Hisakawa | Voice Actor: Yui Horie
) melodramatic and childish Student Council president
. She often comes across as pompous and overconfident but is effective at her job and can be quite on-point when needed.
Kaoru Takenaka | Voice Actor: Yuki Kaida
The Student Council's vice-president, who is from a very rich family, although she refuses to let it get to her head
. Unlike her girlfriend, Nanami, she's very down-to-earth and not one for childish antics.
Shinobu Hayashi | Voice Actor: Akira Ishida
The Student Council secretary, known for being both prettier than many girls
and the "evil one" of the group
. He is all too happy to play both of these up.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Pretty on his own, Shinobu makes a very fetching girl when he's presenting as one.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: To the point of people wondering why the "fourth girl" on the Student Council is wearing a boy's uniform. He uses his delicate, feminine looks to his advantage whenever he cross-dresses.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- The Stoic
- Token Evil Teammate: Shinobu refers to himself as this, although he's more creepy than evil. That being said, he's the Council member most likely to resort to underhanded tactics.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Did this to Kou pre-series. He still likes teasing him, despite Kou not really being "his type of guy".
- Wholesome Crossdresser: The "wholesome" part is up for debate, but he definitely fits the other qualifications when dressed as a girl. He also wears a black neck ribbon with his uniform.