Characters: Pretty Cure All Stars
This is the character sheet for Pretty Cure All Stars. Note that we only list characters exclusive to the All Stars movies here because these movies are crossovers. For the Pretty Cure teams and other characters from the films, please see their respective continuity character pages listed here.
open/close all folders
Ayumi Sakagami (Cure Echo)
Voiced by: Mamiko NotoAyumi is a junior high student in the Yokohama area who appears in Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage and is a big Pretty Cure fan. She is shy, doesn't talk to anyone, and generally alone, until she has an encounter with Fu-chan. As Cure Echo, her brown hair becomes light blonde and her ponytails grow longer, and her theme color is white. She actually never fights in the movie, as she used this form to reach out her feelings to Fuu-chan. Cure Echo also has the ability to control light.
- Ascended Fangirl: Ayumi ends up becoming Cure Echo for the movie.
- Brown Eyes
- The Bus Came Back: After only acting as The Cameo in New Stage 2, she returns in full force in New Stage 3.
- The Chick
- Curtains Match the Window
- Commuting on a Bus: A strange example with her - Appears in New Stage 1, cameos in New Stage 2, returns in full in New Stage 3, cameos again in Spring Carnival and returns once more in Everybody Sing - Miraculous Power
- Girlish Pigtails
- Light 'em Up: as Cure Echo. In New Stage 3, powered by Grell and Enyen, her attack Heartful Echo sweeps the landscape with light that banishes the darkness and depowered the Big Bad.
- Meaningful Name: In New Stage 3, Enyen reveals that Ayumi is the "Phantom Pretty Cure" as she was "Born from Darkness." She first transformed into Cure Echo trapped inside Fusion.
- Non-Indicative Name: Echoes refer to a property of sound, not light.
- Original Generation
- Shrinking Violet
- Tender Tears
- The Magic Comes Back: After being Depowered after the events of New Stage, she's able to become Cure Echo again in New Stage 3
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: At first, she thinks this is the reason why Suite and Smile teams are attacking Fuu-chan, who she had befriended. Take note; the one who ask her to hand Fuu-chan over is Cure Muse. With what kind of history she had with her season's Big Bad, we know that it wasn't the case.
GrellGrell is a bear-like fairy attending a school for fairies. He doesn't think the Precures are all that great, claiming without their Transformation Trinket, they're just normal girls.
Voiced by: Rikako Aikawa
- The Atoner: When he realizes just how much damage his shadow had and will done, he insists to go to the frontline and saves the mascots. Becomes apparent when two Heel-Face Turn Cures, Passion and Beat, encourage him to go through his path of redemption.
- Heroic Wannabe > Determinator
- Hot-Blooded: There's no line of his that he doesn't shout or speak with incredible passion.
- I Just Want to Be Badass
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: His dislike of the Precures is because of this; the truth is he actually admires them like Enyen, but jealous that the Cures have his classmates' attention. He grows out of it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: He releases the antagonist who starts the whole plot.
EnyenA fox-like fairy who is obsessed with the Precures and hopes to be a Precure fairy, even though he believes his chances are slim.
Voiced by: Sakiko Tamagawa
- Earn Your Happy Ending: At the end of New Stage 3, he's shown with Ayumi, granting his wish.
- Hero-Worshipper: He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Precures because he admires their strength.
- In the Hood: The thing seems like a sign of his temperament; when he tries to figuratively or literally hide himself, he has the hood up. When he speaks out his mind, he has the hood down. In New Stage 3, he has the hood down for the entire movie except when trying to infiltrate the Land of Dream.
- Shrinking Violet
YumetaA rabbit-like fairy who went with school with Grell and Enyen. A real crybaby, his actions lead to children getting trapped in the dream world.
- Must Make Amends: When he realizes what his actions have done, he actively helps the Cures in trying to save the day.
- Took a Level in Badass: He finally wakes up to his true potential and aids the Cures in combat.
- Tragic Dropout: He was once part of the Fairy School, but he decided to drop out to focus on his tapil origins. Really didn't work out.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Both Grell and Enyen read him the riot act for his actions.
Fusion / Fuu-chan
Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Fusion), Sea Kumada (Fuu-chan)The main antagonist of Pretty Cure All Stars DX and Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage. As his name suggests, he is a fusion of the vanquished Zakenna, Uzaina, Kowaina, and Hoshiina and has the ability to absorb power and make it into his own. In DX 3 Black Hole revealed that he created Fusion to fulfill his plans on destroying the Cures, who resembles the powers of good and light. In New Stage, he survives and retrogrades back to a little fairy named Fuu-chan, where he is discovered by Ayumi. After he attempted to "Reset" Yokohama by eradicating everything in sight, Ayumi begged him to stop by reaching her true feeling to him as a friend. He then dies by lending all of his powers to the Smile Cures and destroying the remaining fragments of Fusion.
- The Assimilator / Power Parasite: He eats and absorbs the Cures' power and makes it his own, most visible when he eats Smile team's finishers and adapts with the elements' property (Sunny's makes him strong, March's makes him fast). In DX, he's after Chiffon because she's the Infinity.
- Big Bad: All Stars DX and New Stage.
- Blob Monster
- The Devil: As Fusion
- Heel-Face Turn
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Killed Off for Real
- One-Winged Angel
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: As Fuu-Chan.
- Redemption Equals Death: Fuu-chan sacrifices himself to empower the Smile team to finish off Fusion.
- Sleep Mode Size: As Fuu-Chan.
Voiced by: Kiyoyuki YanadaThe main antagonist of Pretty Cure All Stars DX 2. He is an evil being that's revived 1000 years later to take revenge on the world by absorbing the powers of the Rainbow Jewel. In DX 3 Black Hole revealed that he created Bottom to fulfill his plans on destroying the Cures, who resembles the powers of good and light.
- As Long as There Is Evil
- Big Bad: Of All Stars DX 2
- Body Horror / Eldritch Abomination: OH GOD. Imagine a gigantic and demonic Gulpin line including a mouth as large as he is, filled with sharp teeth in manner like baleen.
- The Devil / The Heartless
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: The Cures defeated him WITH THE POWER OF HOPE!!!
- One-Winged Angel
- Sea Monster: He calls his minions (which start as aquatic, skinny, and featureless creatures with glowing red eyes) and comes out from the bottom of the sea and in DX 3, he's described as "darkness of the deep". Sounds familiar?
Voiced by: Koichi YamaderaThe main antagonist of Pretty Cure All Stars DX3, and the one responsible for creating Fusion and Bottom. Being the ultimate evil, he is created from the negative energies from the fallen villains the Pretty Cures had defeated throughout the years and has ultimate powers to destroy the whole planet. Black Hole represents the Ultimate evil in everyone's hearts, as the Cures represents Ultimate good. His main intention is to obtain and destroy the Prism Flower, which connects both the fairy worlds and the human world together.
- As Long as There Is Evil
- Big Bad: Of All Stars DX3. But Turns out that he's......
- Body Horror / Cosmic Horror: His form is a GIGANTIC BLACK HOLE. He was the biggest Pretty Cure villain in history...until Pierrot's final form debuted.
- The Chessmaster: The one who orchestrated the strings in the previous 2 movies.
- The Devil / The Heartless: Until you see him open his six eyes and preparing to attack, Be warned...
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: The Cures defeated him WITH THE POWER OF LIGHT!!! But there is a price...
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: More like "Cthulhu Broke Your Arm Before You Could Punch Him". He shows up out of nowhere, blasts the Cures and destroys their Transformation Trinkets. Then Prism Flower fixes that arm for one more, final, decisive punch that obliterates said Cthulhu... and then back to broken arm.
- Greater Scope Villain: The one who wants to destroy and kill all the Pretty Cures in previous All Stars movies... just for the Prism Flower.
- Man Behind the Man
- Meaningful Name: Named after a astronomical event.
- Omnicidal Maniac: He only wants to destroy all links to Earth and the Fairy Worlds, thus separating them forever in order to KILL HUMANITY and rule them with an iron fist. Sounds familiar?
- One-Winged Angel
- Ultimate Made of Evil: This guy made of malice of all antagonists Precures had ever defeated. Every single one of them. For note, he made both eldritchs that summoned combined evil themselves.
KageThe Main antagonist of Pretty Cure all Stars New Stage 2. He is the jealousy and resentment of the Precures that resided inside Gereru given life.
Voiced by: Chika Sakamoto
- Big Bad: In All Stars New Stage 2.
- The Bully
- Dangerously Genre Savvy / Combat Pragmatist: The simple fact that he stole the Transformation Trinket to win his fight shows that he knows what makes the Cures so dangerous. Then, he tops it by attacking the Smile team on their back when they are distracted by En-En (Happy) and Miyuki got de-transformed (the rest).
Cure Beauty: "You won't find a way to defeat the Pretty Cures in a guide."
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He's the villain. Even with his methods, he can't win against the Pretty Cure. Cure Beauty delivers him a Badass Boast:
- Expy: Within the franchise, he's a more violent Mirage Precure as he comes from psyche of his host like them. Outside the franchise, he has more similar formula to the Shadow Selves from Persona series. In fact, it can be argued that New Stage 2 is Whole Plot Reference of Midnight Channel's dungeon crawling.
- Glory Seeker
- Great Big Book of Everything: Utilizes a guide on the seven previous teams to counteract and defeat their attacks. As there's nothing on the DokiDoki girls, he's forced to use brute force.
- Living Shadow Archetype
- No Name Given: He's just called Kage ("the shadow"), but he hasn't a real name.
- One-Winged Angel: He can transform into a gigantic shadow spider.
- Redemption Equals Death: Like Fuu-chan, Kage's redeemed, but the girl's final attack is enough to kill him.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The artifact that creates him was sealed because of its purpose is to latch at negative emotion of its victim.
- Smug Snake
- Weak, but Skilled: Compares to other Big Bads of All Stars, he's not an all powerful evil came from fusion of multiple Precure antagonists; just a form of negative feeling of a single mascot. But he somehow disables more than 20 Cures through the combination of stealth, theft, and research. When he forced to use brute force, he quickly overwhelmed even though they don't throw any of their stronger moves and the last Beam-O-War had the Cures in defensive.
MaamuYumeta's mother, the guardian of the Land of Dream, and New Stage 3 antagonist. Worried by Yumeta's sadness and loneliness, she traps the children in the Land of Dream so Yumeta can have friends.
- Anti-Villain: See My Beloved Smother.
- Big Bad: A more Anti-Villain version of one, but essentially the entire conflict of New Stage 3 is because of her.
- Bodyguard Betrayal: Tamer than most example, but Maamu basically forgoes her duty as the guardian of dream and traps the children for her own goal.
- Meaningful Name: She's a mother named Maamu.
- My Beloved Smother: All of her actions is to "protect" Yumeta. When Yumeta realizes his own powerlessness is the thing that force his mother to do so, he Take a Level in Badass to take over his mother's place so he won't be a bother anymore.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she realizes that all she's done is cause trouble for all.
- Reality Warper: In the Land of Dream, she's the strongest. From opening a portal to human world, to controlling the Nightmare Monsters, to have full surveillance of that world, to changing the terrain itself to attack the Cures; unfortunately the Cures also have their own Reality Warper in form of Ai-chan.
- Spanner in the Works: Her plan to keep the children and the Cures in the dream world get derailed by two people: Nozomi and Yumeta. Nozomi's the first one to realize that she's in a dream world and ultimately rejects it, leading to the other trapped Cures to follow suit and when Yumeta sees what his weakness is done, his sorrowful wail awakens the children to the dangers at hand and their own wails are what ultimately free the Cures.
- Youkai: A fairy of the Land of Dream, identified as Baku. Though not exactly tapir-like, her tail transform into a vacuum cleaner similar to tapir nose that suck the Nightmare.
The Nightmare MonstersPersonification of nightmare who undiscriminately attack anyone in the Land of Dream. Maamu uses them as her soldiers to repel the Cures in their quest to save the trapped children.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of the Nightmare itself.
- Big Bad Ensemble: See Maamu's entry.
- Killer Rabbit: The Nightmares are basically green stuffed teddy bears, who have pretty comical - but no less dangerous - arsenals like self-issued whack-a-mole, throwing coconuts, giant mecha, and bright blue spaceship, all while speaking only in somewhat adorable Pokémon Speak and do funny gestures.
- Laughably Evil: See Killer Rabbit above, and before their One-Winged Angel.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: They are less a character, and more a literal force of nature. Even after the Cures win, they still continue to exist the Land of Dream making chaos.
- Underground Monkey: A non-video game example, the Monsters have many forms according to their power; the standard versions have strong melee, the smaller ones either as distraction maneuver for the larger ones or shooting artillery, the ones with bat wings swarmed the sky and bombing enemies with coconuts, the mecha and the ship are rode by the one wearing glasses. When they combine, they become a giant octopus with Breath Weapon.
Odoren and UtaenA master thief and his henchman who captures the kingdom of Harmonia and seeks to get rid of the Pretty Cure in the process.
- Badass Normal: Okay, so Odoren and Utaen aren't "badass" in the normal sense of the word, but let's not forget the fact that these two stole an entire kingdom, then went on to steal the Cures' fairies and transformation devices. No powers, no nothing. And this isn't counting the fact that Utaen blew everything with him being clumsy.
- Destructive Dominoes: Taking over the Spring Carnival and causing the Cures to fight back leads to a very big problem - Harmonia's guardian deity awakening and being very pissed off.
- Fat and Skinny: Odoren is the skinny one and Utaen is the fat one, and they follow the typical roles where the skinny one is the leader and the fat one is the bumbling sidekick.
- I Meant to Do That: After he boasts holding all 40 Precure Transformation Trinket devices, Odoren attempts to turn into a "Cure Thief". When it's pointed out on the Legendary Warrior Precure can do that, he tries to blow it off with this.
- Phantom Thief: Odoren portrays himself as this. His actions... make it less so.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: He pretty much pulls this off in trying to get rid of the Cures, but it doesn't work out right.