Specialists in melee combat, Hunters mix it up and can take and deal out the most raw damage. Hunter is also the title used for all the classes as a whole, as well as the specific melee-focused subclasses.
AshHunter - Human - MaleIconic NPC: Ash
- Future Spandex: An odd example. Some parts aren't skintight, but flow into parts that are.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The face of the game, and they have the fastest saber animation. Not to mention Ash's art shows him holding a sword.
- Jack of All Stats: As noted by the ingame description, HUmars have the most balanced growth potential...
- Master of None: ...which means by the lategame, they contribute little to a party that another character class couldn't handle better.
- Solo Class: Being human means they have a decent HP count, while having access to techniques, which while never very powerful, grant access to near-limitless healing.
- We Will Not Have Pockets in the Future
Tropes that apply to Ash
- Double Weapon: When you meet him again in the Ruins, Ash has traded out his saber for a unique Double Saber.
- Red Is Heroic: Face of the game, wears an orangish-red outfit.
- Took a Level in Badass: Shows up in a later quest wielding a Double Saber. This is a guy who got beaten by some Goboomas in the Forest.
SueHunter - Newman - FemaleIconic NPC: Sue
Tropes that apply to Sue
KireekHunter - Android - MaleIconic NPC: Kireek
- Chain Sword: The Chainsawd is inexorably tied to this class, due to its Gush ability helping to compensate for their lack of healing skills.
- Glowing Mechanical Eyes: Though there is a different head option with non-glowing eyes that resembles a samurai helmet.
- Heroic Build: Basically impossible to not make a HUcast with one.
- Lightning Bruiser: With the highest ATP in the game by far, and above average other physical stats, HUcasts can use weaker, faster weapons and still rip monsters apart in melee.
- No Sell: As an Android, immune to certain status effects.
- Trap Master: Like all androids, he can lay traps.
- Trick Bomb: He gains the most Freeze and Confuse traps, locking enemies in place or distracting them so he can cut them to pieces more easily.
Tropes that apply to Kireek
- Blood Knight: "Become much stronger to impress me. Ha ha ha."
- Evil Weapon: Flavor text indicates Soul Eater might be one. Certainly looks the part.
- No Kill Like Overkill: When you first meet Kireek, he's overleveled to the point where he'll kill anything in Forest 1 three times over with a single swing of his scythe.
- Sanity Slippage: Taking Bernie's subplot path means that he attacks Ash, and tries to kill you as well. It's implied that Dark Falz corrupted him, since in the other branch of the path he helps you out.
- Sinister Scythe: Kireek's unique weapon, Soul Eater, is a purplish-red scythe with a glowing pale green blade. Take the right subplot path, and he tries to kill you. Coming out on top means you can take his scythe as a trophy.
HUcasealHunter - Android - Female
- Close Range Combatant: Has a unique and effective Dagger and Fist animation, which are the two most extremely melee-focused weapon classes.
- Combat Stilettos: Well, they are her feet.
- Fembot <-> Robot Girl: Most of her colors and head options are unmistakably robotic. Only a few look human.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The default HUcaseal looks very much like a ninja, not unlike Taki or Mileena.
- No Sell: As an Android, immune to certain status effects.
- Trap Master: Like all androids, she can lay traps. Her trap progression is balanced across the board.
Gun-users, Rangers can fight either from all the way across the room, or just out of arm's reach.
BernieRanger - Human - MaleIconic NPC: Bernie
- Cool Helmet: The only class that even has them as an option.
- Future Spandex
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Has the highest accuracy cap in the game, to the point that normal attacks are unnecessary, as the heavy shots and most special shots will hit every time. Combined with the range and accuracy of rifles, a R Amar can drain a target of XP, replenish their mana, or insta-gib reliably, while remaining outside the aggro range of their target.
Tropes that apply to Bernie
[[caption-width-left:198:Karen]]Ranger - Human - FemaleIconic NPC: Karen
- Combat Stilettos
- Gangsta Style
- Magic Knight: The most adept technique-user of the Rangers. While their attack techniques will never beat out the power and range of a good gunshot, they still have powerful heals, buffs, and debuffs, and can substitute for a Force when one isn't available.
- Nice Hat
- Solo Class: Probably the best solo class in the game, with decent attack and defense (buffable to very good), ability to use most ranged or melee weapons, and magic just short of a full Force.
Tropes that apply to Karen
GilliamRanger - Android - MaleIconic NPC: Gilliam
- The Blank: Several of his heads.
- Noisy Robots: Most other characters have either the stomp of boots, the clicking of heels, or the patter of shoes as their footstep sound. The RAcast, on the other hand, sounds like a large metal box rolling downhill.
- Real Robot: Designed to look like one.
- Trap Master: Like all androids, he can lay traps. He gains the most damage traps of all the classes, tied with the RAcaseal.
Tropes that apply to Gilliam
[[caption-width-left:136:Elenor]]Ranger - Android - FemaleIconic NPC: Elenor
- Giant Poofy Sleeves: Made of metal, but the overall effect is the same.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Mini Dress Of Power
- Robot Girl <-> Fembot: A number of colors and head options make her look like a girl with robotic joints. The others are far more obviously robotic.
- Showgirl Skirt: Made of metal and permanently attached, but the aesthetic is there.
- Stone Wall: She suprisingly has the highest defense in the game, second highest HP, and a fairly good evasion stat. Couple that to Android immunity to a number of status effects, and Android trap vision, and she can make a good tank.
- Trap Master: Like all androids, she can lay traps. She gains the most damage traps of all the classes, tied with the RAcast.
- Zettai Ryouiki: The more human-looking color options color the legs to produce this aesthetic.
Tropes that apply to Elenor
Technique users, Forces support the party with buffs, healing, and revives
, though they can also handle crowd control as well.
FOmarForce - Human - Male
[[caption-width-left:136:Alicia]]Force - Human - FemaleIconic NPC: Alicia
Tropes that apply to Alicia
Dr. MontagueForce - Newman - MaleIconic NPC: Dr. Montague
- Happy Harlequin Hat
- Glass Cannon: Low Defenses and HP make survival tough, but boosts to Normal and Advanced elemental spells makes clearing out room a cinch.
Tropes that apply to Dr. Montague
- Mad Scientist: He'll cheerfully reprocess the severed limbs of animals, mutant animals, and corrupted... somethings into weapons for you. He doesn't even charge a fee, he just likes examining and working with the materials. For Science!!
[[caption-width-left:160:Rupika]]Force - Newman - FemaleIconic NPC: Rupika
Tropes that apply to Rupika
"Red Ring" Rico Tyrell
The markup to use:
Red Ring Rico
A famous hunter on Pioneer 1, nicknamed Red Ring Rico because of the red armlet she wears. She also happens to be the Principal's daughter.
- Apocalyptic Log: Sets those glowing message beacons you see all around the place. Most of them are hints on the special attacks of enemies, or information on traps, but some of them fill in the backstory. As you progress further into the game, Rico's messages go from the cheery girl from the message pack in Forest 1 to much more gloomy and depressing.
A newman first encountered in Episode 1's sidequests. Returns as your Mission Control
in Episode II, accessible through data terminals.
Three sisters that run a cake shop.