open/close all folders
Voiced by: Wataru HatanoAn otherwise ordinary boy who discovers Hakujou Academy sweetheart Haruka's secret life as an Otaku and becomes her Secret Keeper. A kind, caring and helpful boy, Yuuto grows to care for and over time have (reciprocated) feelings Haruka and becomes her close friend and protector. He has little knowledge of the otaku lifestyle, and tries to avoid being an Accidental Pervert at all costs.
- Accidental Pervert: His first three encounters with Shiina lead to him becoming this trope.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The very thing that draws people to him.
- Declaration of Protection: He does this to Haruka after finding out about her Closet Geek tendencies, and she suffers through yet another Heroic B.S.O.D. as a result of it. While he does gain some enemies because of it, he absolutely refuses to leave her side after finding out what happened to her in the past.
- Happily Married: To Haruka at the end of the 3rd season.
- The Hero
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Has one in the finales of the first two seasons — when Shute challenges his ability to make Haruka happy, and again when he is considered a distraction for Haruka by Yayoi.
- Imagine Spot: He has a lot of these.
- Insecure Love Interest: At the end of the first season, when he is invited to Haruka's birthday party, when he discovers in just what kind of society she lives, he starts to feel unworthy. In his defense, you would be crazy not to feel that way when dealing with a family that can buy entire islands for fun. He gradually overcomes it, though.
- In-Series Nickname: a few people call him "Ero-megane".
- Invisible Parents: Unlike Haruka's, his and Ruko's parents are never shown. Not to be at home for most of the year is okay, but to still stay away, while your home is targeted by a millionaire's private's army is... strange. Oh, and they didn't even show up for his wedding, it seems.
- The Jeeves: Becomes recognized as a butler for surviving his week-long service to Touka. It is for this reason that he was invited in Episode 5 of Purezza by Hazuki, Nanami and Alice to an annual maids and butlers' year-end party currently hosted by the Nogizakas.
- Kirk Summation
- Knight in Shining Armor: Specifically called so by Haruka when he found the music she needed for the London performance.
- Made of Iron: He's the only one to ever last more than a few hours as Touka's butler in episode 3 of Purezza. And then there's his taking a full beat-down from Gentou and getting back up to fight back in the finale.
- Nerd Glasses
- Nice Guy: Probably a big reason why so many of the girls and women around him are interested in him. And even when defending Alice from Shute's insults while attending a party for them, he stands up for the other maids and butlers present, even going so far as to kneel before the hated guy.
- Non-Action Guy: Well, this isn't an action series, but during the few fight scenes that occur, Yuuto doesn't physically fight, since he's not a fighter. Even when he fights Gento at the end of Finale, he gets floored by Haruka's father, and only "wins" because Gento was really just seeing how much Haruka meant to him. And fortunately for Yuuto, he passes with flying colors.
- Official Couple: With Haruka.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Especially in contrast to Haruka, who comes from a rich family.
- Rousing Speech: Yuuto is actually an incredibly gifted rhetorician, be it a Declaration of Protection, a "Shut Up, Hannibal!" speech, a "The Reason You Suck" Speech, a "Please Don't Leave Me" speech or a "You Are Not Alone" speech. It's one of the most important reasons why so many people, including Gentou, are fond of/remember him.
- The Scapegoat: More than willing to become this to protect Haruka.
- Secret Keeper: He agrees to hide Haruka's Closet Geek tendencies from others rather than have her suffer social ostracization like at her old school.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!/"The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivered to both Gentou and Shuute.
- Took a Level in Badass: He has several moments over the course of the series, but the crowning moment comes during the final episode when he's willing to take on the entire Hellhound unit just to ask Haruka directly how she feels about the current situation (as only listening to what he was told without asking Haruka was the source of both of his previous Heroic BSODs).
- When It All Began: Yuuto realizes he started off Haruka's passion when he gave her the first volume of "Innocent Smile" when he found her crying in a park.
- You Are Not Alone: Yuuto makes this clear to Haruka.
Voiced by: Mamiko NotoAthletic, good with graces, graceful and talented (except at drawing), not to mention incredibly polite and beautiful, Haruka is probably the most admired girl at Hakujou Academy — except she lives a double life as an anime/manga fanatic, when Yuuto accidentally discovers her secret and promises to become her confidant and help her pursue her hobby without being discovered and shunned. She is also the elder daughter of the affluent Nogizaka family and thus a prospective heiress to an enormous fortune.
- The Ace: Good at everything except drawing.
- Badass Adorable: It's very easy to forget that Haruka holds a black belt in Aikido, a martial art infamous for its ability to effortlessly throw and cripple foes many-times its practitioner's size. Not to mention she has an army of maids as a backup. And then there's her family.
- The best example of this is definitely in the final episode when she dons a naginata and takes on a private army while wearing a wedding dress!
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Considers herself this.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Everyone Can See It, but she still takes more than two seasons. And hadn't she been pushed, it would've likely taken even longer.
- The Chick
- Closet Geek: Justified. She is constantly fearful of being discovered and shamed for being an Otaku. See Heroic B.S.O.D. below for more details.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: She seems like a Fragile Flower most of the time, but in at least one instance, she throws a guy quite a distance after he insults both Yuuto and anime.
- Cunning Linguist: Has demonstrated fluency in English and Russian, the latter of which came in very handy when she and Yuuto bumped into a pack of Macho Camp Russian tourists. Implied to be proficient in French as well, if even more tongues.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Haruka's a bit of an airhead.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Oh, did we mention that she regularly wins reputable prizes?
- Everyone Can See It: A random person would just need about two seconds to realize it. She herself? Not so much...
- First Girl Wins
- Fragile Flower: Justified for the same reason as Closet Geek above.
- Happily Married: To Yuuto at the end of the 3rd season.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: What happened to her back in middle school after her anime/manga catalog was accidentally discovered, causing her to become ostracized. The same situation happens again come high school — except this time she fears Yuuto will also suffer as she did because he claimed responsibility for said catalog. She eventually gets over it when Yuuto vows to stay by her side. It turns out that Haruka was forced to be shunned at her old school due to the influence of Rich Bitch Setsugetsuka Tennouji threatening the other students to do that to Haruka, or else suffer the same fate.
- High-Pressure Emotion: This happens a lot.
- The Ingenue: At times — she's even innocent enough to ask what "3P (as in a threesome)" means.
- Insecure Love Interest: Despite the fact that Yuuto only has feelings for her, Haruka sometimes feels she's not good enough for him. Having a lot of women around him who are also interested in him at least a little bit doesn't help though.
- Instant Fan Club: Due to her abilities (aside from drawing), social status, and looks, she has lots of guys and girls who fawn over her. Interestingly, Yuuto wasn't attracted to her because of those reasons, but mostly because he found out her secret and wanted to share in that, and protect her in case others tried to ostracize her at her new school because of it.
- Luminescent Blush: All the time.
- Nice Girl: Perhaps one of the nicest, sweetest, cutest girls to emerge from an anime ever.
- Official Couple: With Yuuto.
- Otaku Surrogate
- Proud to Be a Geek: Though mostly covertly.
- Purity Personified: At least to the rest of the school.
- Shrinking Violet: Except not violet. But the shrinking is taken Up to Eleven.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The wholesome counterpart to her younger sister Mika.
- Spoiled Sweet: Probably the sweetest rich kid in any anime.
- Tender Tears
- Terrible Artist: Her drawings are very confusing and childish looking. Which makes it a problem for him when she draws him a crude map of where she lives, and later whenever she gives him a map of directions and a guide book.
- Uptown Girl: AND HOW!
Voiced by: Rina SatoA pianist who placed second to Haruka at a contest in London. She then transfers to Hakujou due to rumors that a legendary pianist who was also an alumna of said school is teaching there. By coincidence she meets Haruka, and also develops feelings for Yuuto, with whom she had three coincidental encounters.
- The Ace: Only second to Haruka.
- The Chew Toy
- Contrived Coincidence: Her three encounters with Yuuto, prior to transferring to Hakujou (each time having her accidentally flaunt her panties).
- Early-Bird Cameo: In Episode 2 of the first season, three episodes before she becomes a regular character.
- Hopeless Suitor: For both Yuuto and Haruka.
- I Know Kung-Fu: "Naginatajutsu", to be exact, which revolves around a long blade on a longer handle.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Although she's sad about not getting Yuuto, she doesn't try to sabotage his relationship with Haruka either after he clearly makes his choice in Finale.
- Love Triangle: In an interesting twist, she is in the "A" spot of a Type VI triangle, having to choose between Yuuto and Haruka, both of whom are obviously in love with each other.
- New Transfer Student: She transfers to Yuuto and Haruka's school due to her father's job.
- Nice Girl
- Not What It Looks Like: Often gets caught in an unfortunate position, some Played for Drama, but mostly Played for Laughs.
- Panty Shot: Also gets a lot of these, including the opening of Purezza.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: By way of getting a lot of Panty Shots and other perverted situations.
- Romantic Runner-Up: While she really didn't have a chance in the first place, the fact that she delivered a Love Confession to Yuuto before Haruka also showed she wanted to at least let him know how she felt towards him. Even if he did ultimately reject her.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender
- Those Two Girls: From Purezza onwards, she becomes the head of a trio of friends, along with Mai and Ryouko.
- Yandere: Showed some shades of this towards the end of Purezza.
Voiced by: Reiko TakagiYuuto's best friend since early childhood and a proud otaku, Yuuto often ends up asking him for advice, when he decides to participate in one of Haruka's activities.
- Bromantic Foil: For Yuuto.
- Chekhov's Gun: The first volume of "Innocent Smile" he gave to Yuuto from way back when they were kids. Yuuto in turn gave it to Haruka to cheer her up when he found her crying in a park — this is what started her otaku passion.
- Famed In-Story: Amongst the maid cafes of Akihabara, he is one of their most legendary customers. In fact, one such cafe (where Haruka worked part-time to earn money for a Christmas gift for Yuuto) has a gold-framed picture of him surrounded by maids and shaking hands with its manager, with a caption saying "Welcome home, our greatest master" hanging in the center of said cafe.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Beneath his seemingly airheaded exterior he seems to know a lot about Yuuto and Haruka's relationship.
- Proud to Be a Geek: To an even greater extent than Haruka.
- What Could Have Been: Invoked — his female classmates note that he's quite a looker and would've been a Chick Magnet were it not for his otaku lifestyle.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
Voiced by: Aki ToyosakiA member of Shiina's clique and vice-president of the Hakujou's Naginatajutsu Team, she is very soft-spoken and prefers to stay in the background.
- Ascended Extra: Has made cameos in the first season, then becomes a regular character come Purezza.
- The Quiet One
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Ryouko's red.
- Shipper on Deck: For Yuuto/Shiina.
- Shrinking Violet
- Those Two Girls: With Shiina and Ryouko.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Ryouko's tomboy.
Voiced by: Eri KitamuraThe third member of Shiina's clique, she has a very wild and wicked personality, rivaling even Mika's.
- Ascended Extra: Like Mai, she only makes more frequent appearances come Purezza.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- The Nicknamer: "Shiina-cchi" and "Ayase-cchi".
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Mai's blue.
- Shipper on Deck: For Yuuto/Shiina.
- Skinship Grope: What she likes to do to her less open-minded friends.
- The Tease: And how!
- Those Three Girls: With Shiina and Mai.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Mai's girly girl.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Hers is green hair.
Nagai, Takenami and Ogawa
Voiced by: Eiji Miyashita (Nagai), Hiroki Yasumoto (Takenami) and Jun Oosuka (Ogawa)Three boys who can be frequently seen together with the main cast.
- Butt Monkey: By way of always receiving "bad luck" fortune slips every New Year.
- Recurring Extras
- Those Two Girls
Voiced by: Rie KugimiyaA first-year and third-ranking heiress to the vast fortune of the Tennoujis, a family rivaling the Nogizakas in wealth and prestige.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: No matter how harshly she treats Yuuto while he's working for her, he treats her as kindly as he does anyone else, even going so far as to shield her with his body against two assailants. She promises to return the favor, and come Finale Episode 4 she does just that.
- Big Damn Heroes: Finale Episode 4, when she stops Setsugetsuka's plans with her own security force.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: With Tenzen, her grandfather and family patriarch, dying recently at the ripe age of 147, she gets caught in the middle of a (sometimes outright violent) inheritance crisis — no thanks to inheriting the opulent family mansion. Yuuto wonders if this is the reason Touka is such a Rich Bitch.
- Cute Little Fangs
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 3 of Purezza.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Expy: There Can Be Only One successor in her family? Likes making her enemies walk over burning metal? Has a black "pony" the size of an elephant? Yup, we have a young female Raoh here.
- In appearance, her blue twintails tied up with red bobbles is an obvious homage to Ruri Hoshino.
- Girlish Pigtails
- In-Series Nickname: "Princess Blizzard", due to her incredibly abrasive personality.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: By way of flaunting a lot of gratuitous Panty Shots; the "camera" rarely leaves her thighs.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Rich Bitch: Played straight at first but then eventually subverted.
- Shana Clone
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Her beloved grandfather's death and the disintegration of her family certainly had a negative effect on her personality. Fortunately, Yuuto is there to help her reconnect to humanity.
- Take Over the World: Her stated goal. Yuuto wonders if this is just her way to cope with her personal demons.
- Took a Level in Kindness
- Trademark Favorite Food: Moo-Moo Milk Organic Pure 100%.
- Tsundere: A vicious Type A, as if she's specifically designed to be voiced by Rie Kugimiya in order to give the viewers a token definition of a Tsundere character. However, when she shows her dere side, she's positively adorable.
- Villainous Rescue: While she isn't a "bad guy" per se, in the end of Finale, she does show up to stop the real antagonist, Setsugetsuka Tennouji, who had a grudge against Haruka in middle school.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type S, no doubt.
The prestigious Nogizaka clan from which Haruka hails from, is one of the wealthiest and most influent families in all of Japan and resides in a huge building at the city's edge. They have apparently no limits when it comes to money or anything related to it. All family members are also extremely competent in almost everything they do, which makes them nouveau nobilité par déluxe. The family members and their loyal employees soon start meddling excessively in the two young people's (unofficial) relationship. Poor Yuuto.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Save for Mika, every single family member (and all of their employees as well) has shown utmost combat prowess. Are you even surprised, why they have so much influence?
- Badass Family
- Big Fancy House: The Nogizaka estate is really huge.
- Nouveau Riche
- Shipper on Deck: Except for Gentou, all of them are staunch supporters of the Haruka/Yuuto relationship.
Voiced by: Mai GotoHaruka's younger sister and the second daughter of the Nogizaka family, Mika never stood in the limelight of her family and thus, is often seen together with the family maids. She cares deeply for Haruka, though, and immediately tries to hook her up with Yuuto, in whom she has, as she says, great hope, since he is the first person to display understanding for Haruka's problem. Mika comes to care very quickly for Yuuto himself and is his most important ally in the Nogizaka household, to the point where she even calls him "onii-san". She's a second-year junior high student at another school.
- Big Brother Attraction: Towards Yuuto.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She won't demonstrate any of this in the presence of her sister, but she will get very jealous, both on her own and her sister's behalf, when Yuuto comes too close to Shiina.
- Big Brother Worship: My, every single one of her friends at her school knows about him from all her talk.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The first time Yuuto meets her, she seems to be nothing more than a young, nice girl who helps him find Haruka's residence, since her self-made map is not really helpful.
- Covert Pervert
- Cute Little Fangs
- Date Peepers: The most blatant example.
- Dirty Kid
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hopeless Suitor: Yuuto is definitely not a Lolicon, and as a result doesn't display any affection for her. He instead refers to her as barely more than "a little brat", which disturbs her greatly.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Mika's friends at school are absolutely convinced she is an expert on men, due to the fact that they attend an all-girls school, and her interactions with Yuuto and constant talking about him with them. Unfortunately for her they then ask to meet him, but Yuuto thankfully agrees to go to her school.
- The Lancer
- Little Miss Snarker
- Matchmaker Crush: Were it not for this girl, it would likely have taken Yuuto and Haruka at least ten more years only to admit their feelings. Too bad that the guy she gets the hots for is the exact same one whom she tries so desperately to hook up with her sister...
- Sibling Triangle
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She excels at Haruka's only known weak points: drawing and romance.
- Student Council President: Looked up to by her peers and well respected by her teachers, she is surprisingly mature and dependable at school; not only is she the first person to run for two years, she's the hot favourite for the third.
- Those Two Girls: With Nanami, the other resident smartie.
Voiced by: Fumihiko TachikiHaruka and Mika's overprotective father.
- Badass: Is an inofficial requirement for the leadership of this family.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: His last (and only) fight with Yuuto is a boxing match.
- Big Damn Heroes: For all of his roles as either a Butt Monkey or antagonist, he does care about Haruka, and will stop at nothing to make sure she's not harmed or exploited, such as approving of Yuuto's present over Shute's during her birthday party after seeing how happy it made her, and later buying up a tv station to prevent some shady producers from manipulating her into becoming an idol.
- Bumbling Dad: At his best.
- Butt Monkey: His overprotective parenting earns him nothing but Amusing Injuries and other mishaps.
- Cool Shades
- Covert Pervert: Even he is Not So Above It All:Gentou (towards his daughters in Santa clothes): You better not start wrapping ribbons around yourself saying: "The present is me!" You can't do that!Akiho (undoing her Kimono): Oh, that's just too bad.
- Fantasy-Forbidding Father: He views anime and manga as lowbrow entertainment, something that Haruka shouldn't be indulging in. However, several others such as his wife and Yuuto, eventually cause him to begrudgingly change his mind, as they argue that despite her love for such lowly things, her grades haven't suffered.
- Fiction 500: Private army of maids? Personal Island? Supersonic-jets? An entire TV Station? Pocket-change, dear chap.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a huge scar across his left eye.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards Yuuto. Somewhat understandable once you take into account the fact that both of his daughters prefer the NaÔve Newcomer's presence over his own.
- Grumpy Old Man: He complains a lot. Mika even lampshades it.
- Final Boss: For Yuuto in season 3's OVA.
- Happily Married
- Henpecked Husband: Courtesy of his wife, Akiho.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With his wife.
- I Was Quite a Looker
- Knight Templar Parent: At his worst, though Played for Laughs.
- Love-Obstructing Parents: It doesn't work so much, as his wife keeps him in check.
- Manly Tears
- Overprotective Dad
- The Patriarch
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Sort of. He really doesn't like Yuuto's presence in Haruka's life, yet he has to tolerate him due to his wife, younger daughter, and maids' approval of the relationship. He does eventually approve of Yuuto though in Finale.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Bought off an entire island with a castle just to celebrate Haruka's birthday in Episode 12 of the first season. Put to a more heroic use in Episode 11 of Purezza when he buys off Three Piece Productions to save Haruka from a life of an idol exploited for profit.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Again, with his wife Akiho.
- Worthy Opponent: By the end, he seems to have accepted Yuuto somewhat as this.
Voiced by: Aya HisakawaHaruka and Mika's mother.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Generally a sweet, Proper Lady to everybody (unless your name is Gento and you screwed up royally).
- Dissonant Serenity: There's a reason even the mighty Gento fears her.
- Final Boss: Serves as this towards Haruka in season 3's OVA.
- Happily Married
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She is rather small compared to Gentou.
- Let Her Grow Up, Dear: She even cows Gento to submission whenever she perceives him to be trying again to keep Haruka and Yuuto apart.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: She's delighted at Yuuto mistaking her for Haruka and Mika's older sister.
- Meido: Implied in the anime to have been the second-ranking maid of the family's cadre.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Her actions at the end of Finale Episode 3 are a complete turn of her attitude during the rest of the series, when she places Haruka into an Arranged Marriage. Except that was actually a Secret Test of Character meant to test the strength of Haruka and Yuuto's love for each other.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She has a strict habit of making sure Haruka studies, but she's also a sweet, understanding mother who approves (and is even protective) of her relationship with Yuuto.
- Shipper on Deck: For Haruka and Yuuto, like 90% of the rest of the household.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Although it turned out to be a Secret Test of Character, she tells Yuuto at the end of episode 3 of Finale that Haruka was being married off to someone, and didn't seem concerned about his thoughts on the matter. Him not being able to say much didn't help. She also fights Haruka to prevent her from seeing him as well.
- Tranquil Fury: Even when she gets upset, while her face may have a different look, her tone of voice doesn't change too much to express her anger or disappointment.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Serene, sweet, proper, often wears a yukata, and is the one wearing the pants in her marriage.
Nogizaka Family Maids
Voiced by: Kaori ShimizuThe first-ranking and supposedly eldest and longest-employed maid of the vast Nogizaka estate and Haruka and Mika's attendant, Hazuki is the person who more or less raised the two sisters from early childhood due to their parents' frequent absence. She is extremely loyal to and protective of the two of them, especially Haruka, whom she values above everything else, and longs for her to take the next step towards adulthood. She also works as Haruka's bodyguard, and she does her job pretty damn well!
- Action Girl
- Badass: Wow...
- Berserk Button: The easiest way to break her stoic facade is to harm Haruka in any way, be it physically or emotionally. That would involve her giving you a vicious Death Glare and whipping out her chainsaw.
- The Big Girl: She is the most Badass of the five main characters, if not of the entire show.
- Big Sister Instinct
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: She gets quite drunk when staying at Yuuto's house for the first time thanks to his sister. Interestingly, despite the nasty hangover she suffers from the next morning, she still manages to knock one of Gentou's bodyguards off the top of a house when she realizes Haruka is in danger.
- Chainsaw Good: Her default weapon.
- The Comically Serious: In stark contrast to her partners in crime (Mika & Nanami).
- Cool Big Sis: For both Nogizaka sisters, though particularly to Haruka.
- Emotionless Girl: How she usually appears to people.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Surprisingly enough, Hazuki's room is full of plushies. Yuuto is very surprised, and has a hard time believing it: when Hazuki buys a rabbit plushy and Haruka speculates that she'll cuddle it while sleeping, Yuuto instead envisions her holding the rabbit by its ears while waving a butcher knife. (Possibly NSFW)
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Both her chainsaw and herself.
Hazuki-san immediately set up a simple foldable table that she seemed to have pulled out of nowhere, and placed a table cloth on it before pulling out four sets of chairs (again, out of nowhere), after which she started to set up the tea cups.... Wait a minute! Where did she get all the equipment from? Werenít both her hands completely empty just a moment ago?
- Other things, too. In the light novels:
The maid-san answered me nonchalantly after I asked her about it. What kind of corporate secret is this.... Could it be possible that the pockets of their maid uniform are linked to the fourth dimension?
- Ninja Maid: She is quite an adept fighter if it really boils down to it. In one example, when Haruka's father first sent his guards to find Haruka after she runs away to Yuuto's house, while nursing a hangover, Hazuki spots one of his men on top of a roof. She sprints up there, and kicks him off.
- Older Than She Looks: Still looks as though she's only in her late teens despite having tended to Haruka ever since her infancy.
- Rei Ayanami Expy
- Stalker Without A Crush: She stalks, along with Mika and Nanami, Yuuto and Haruka, very often and is determined to record their important moments with a camera.
- The Stoic: Most of the time.
- Not So Stoic: Sometimes.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Token Evil Teammate
- Undying Loyalty: To Haruka.
- Weapon of Choice: A chainsaw she pulls out of nowhere.
- When She Smiles: She smiles every now and then. It's usually a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
Voiced by: Kana UedaThe third-ranking maid of the Nogizaka estate, Nanami is a very smart and deductive maid who is best friends with Mika and often spies along with her and Hazuki (and sometimes Alice) on Haruka and Yuuto, whenever they are spending time together. She also shares her friends' opinion of said relationship and is a staunch supporter of it. Her official position is that of the family's chauffeur.
- Alliterative Name
- Badass: Shown much less than Hazuki, but she is actually pretty good, too.
- Cool Car: Her frequent ride is a 2003 Rolls-Royce Phantom; at other times, a Lincoln Town Car.
- Cool Shades: She even wears them at the hot springs.
- Drives Like Crazy: Most of the time. Surprisingly enough, she can drive normally during important events.
- Drop the Hammer
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Her hammer and herself.
- Perpetual Smiler
- The Smart Girl: She is behind many of the Stalker Trio's schemes and also likes to tease both Nogizaka siblings about their feelings for Yuuto.
- Stalker Without A Crush: She follows, along her partners, Yuuto and Haruka everywhere.
- The Tease: To both Nogizaka sisters.
- Those Two Girls: With Mika.
- Weapon of Choice: A hammer whose blunt end looks like a meat tenderizer.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Rie KugimiyaThe eighth-ranking maid and the youngest member of the Nogizaka maids, Alice is a young, blonde and timid girl introduced early in the second season. Her specialty is VIP Protection, which basically boils down to eliminate anything that threatens Haruka and later also Yuuto, up to and including her own boss, Gentou Nogizaka.
- A-Cup Angst: In Purezza Episode 12. A ping-pong ball gets caught in Haruka's cleavage. When it's finally out, Alice picks up the ball and drops it onto what would be her cleavage if she weren't a grade-schooler (or at least has the body of one). Her sigh and expression of disappointment when the ball just falls to the floor...
- Badass Adorable
- Batter Up: A spiked club. To be even more precise, Excalibolg.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The roots of her affection for Yuuto.
- Big Brother Attraction: Towards Yuuto.
- Cute Bruiser
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: In Episode 5 of Purezza, a "Gelorian X" frog plush. Yuuto wins it for her in a bingo lottery, even if it means sacrificing his chance to win a rice cooker. This wins him Minamo's trust.
- Ojou Ringlets
- The Quiet One: Justified — she's a German who has yet to become proficient in Japanese.
- Shrinking Violet
- Sixth Ranger: She often joins Mika, Nanami and Hazuki in their spying and shipping attempts.
- Token Mini-Moe
- Token Minority: A German in the middle of an apparently all-Japanese maid squad.
Voiced by: Kaoru MizuharaFourth-ranking maid and Hazuki's second-in-command, as well as finance, legal and public relations liaison.
- Number Two: To Hazuki.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: When Yuuto first meets her, she seems detached and very business-like (in his own words, even more intimidating than Gento). However, once he wins her trust by being nice to Alice, she shows a nicer, smiling side.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has aqua-green hair.
Voiced by: Megumi TakamotoFifth-ranking maid and head medical officer.
Voiced by: Hiromi IgarashiSixth-ranking maid and head chef.
Ayame, Sara and Juri Rokujou
Voiced by: Satomi Moriya (Ayame), Momoko Ishikawa (Sara) and Sayuri Yahagi (Juri)Seventh-ranking maids and pilots of the Nogizaka family.
- Cool Plane: All three are in charge of flying the Nogizakas' planes.
- Same-Sex Triplets
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: They all have green hair.
Voiced by: Yuka IguchiNinth-ranking maid and resident chemist.
Voiced by: Yoko HikasaTenth-ranking maid and events organizer.
Voiced by: Hitomi NabatameYuuto's older sister and only visible family, who slacks off most of the time (except for passing mentions of her job as a secretary). She also forces all of the household work on him in addition to several special demandings. But you don't want to trifle with her — or her brother, for that matter.
- Big Sister Bully: A mild case, in which she frequently forces Yuuto to do chores for her. And always forces him to do the cooking; she never even tries to cook for herself.
- Christmas Cake
- Cool Big Sis: Some of the time. Haruka sure does think so, and even states, much to Yuuto's horror, that she wants to become like her once she becomes older.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: She and Yukari manage to storm the Tennouji Residence all alone with nothing but a set of Tarot cards and while being in Delirium. Wow. She also briefly manages to go toe to toe with Gento when he is first introduced, although he does eventually overpower her.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Much to Yuuto's chagrin, as he often ends up cleaning after her and Yukari.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Yukari.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her favourite weapon. And she's apparently on par with many of the Nogizaka household members.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The Lad-ette
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With her brother.
- Sexy Secretary
- Tomboyish Ponytail
Voiced by: Miyu MatsukiRuko's best friend and music teacher as well as assistant homeroom teacher for Yuuto, Haruka and Shiina's class.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Implied to be none other than the "Performer of the Sunset", a legendary world-renowned pianist and herself an alumna of Hakujou, for whom Shiina transferred to said school.
- Christmas Cake: She's 23, but still has nil love life.
- Expy: Think of Yukari as a constantly drunk and even more perverted Yoshinoya-sensei complete with the same voice actress.
- Gag Boobs
- Godiva Hair
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Ruko.
- Hot Teacher
- In-Series Nickname: "Sexual Harassment Teacher", courtesy of Yuuto.
- Kill It with Fire: In the last episode she is apparently capable of breathing fire once having consumed alcohol.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl
- Teacher/Student Romance: Pretty much willing to hit on her male students (especially Yuuto). It doesn't work.
Voiced by: Junji MajimaA British nobleman and part of a powerful family doing business with the Nogizakas.
- Anime Accent Absence: Subverted — he adds a foreign twang on some of his sentences.
- Asshole Victim: Comes off as an incredibly pompous Jerk Ass, insulting and belittling Yuuto. And even after his father forced him to be a butler to learn some humility and respect for others, he still treats butlers and maids with utter contempt. Once his father hears about it however, he gives the butlers and maids at the party permission to do whatever they want to him.
- Girl Posse: Rare Male Example. Has a group of four boys following him around.
- Jerkass: He probably acts this way due to a fairly spoiled upbringing despite his father's attempts to mold him into a Nice Guy. For example, he treats Yuuto with utter contempt when they first meet, and feels his various rich gifts would be more valuable than some random toy he brought her.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Thanks to his debacle during Haruka's birthday, in which he made fun of Yuuto's gift and then grappled an old man (who turns out to be Haruka's grandfather Ouki), his father forced him to become a butler to teach him a lesson in humility. He didn't get the message, and during an annual year-end maids and butlers party (currently hosted by the Nogizakas), he's at it again, belittling the guests, trampling on Alice's frog doll, spitting at her, and pouring wine over Yuuto's head. The latter then made a Rousing Speech about the value of maids and butlers, inspiring all the guests, including the Nogizaka maids (and with permission from Shute's father, who heard him over the phone), to give him a more-than-well-deserved beatdown.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: A male version.
- Oh Crap!: His reaction at the end of Episode 12 of the first season, when he realizes he just hurt the Nogizaka family patriarch, and at Episode 5 of Purezza, once the guests at a party he crashed set forth to lay the beatdown on him.
- Rich Bastard: He doesn't hide his contempt for Yuuto's gift to Haruka at all. Then he shows off very lavish gifts he was presenting to her. Ironically Haruka loved Yuuto's "cheap" present even more than anything else, earning praise from both her father and grandfather.
- Spoiled Brat: He is very rude to anyone who's not stinking rich, especially Yuuto.
Voiced by: Hitomi NabatameAn idol singer whose promotions appear as early as the first season, then makes a more prominent role in Purezza.
- Chekhov's Gunman
- A Day in the Limelight: Episodes 9-11 of Purezza.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Throughout first season in advertisements and song programs.
- Hates the Job, Loves the Limelight: Shows some shades of it. She ultimately confesses to Yuuto that it has something to do with how Yayoi ruined her past relationships in the name of profit.
- Idol Singer
- My Greatest Second Chance: following Yayoi and Nozomi's fall from grace, she decides to leave Three Piece Pro, and was last seen on a TV interview, stating that with her new lease of life she hopes she can find her significant other.
- Shipper on Deck: A mild case towards Yuuto/Haruka. In fact, when Yayoi goes after Haruka, she tips Yuuto off and encourages him to keep her from becoming what Milan herself has become — an idol exploited by Yayoi for profit.
Yayoi Kakihara and Nozomi Kobayakawa
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa (Yayoi) and Kokoro Kikuchi (Nozomi)Milan's managers from Three Piece Productions.
- Asshole Victim: It's not likely anyone is feeling sorry for them after all of their attempts to manipulate Haruka into becoming an idol, and especially because they attempted to break up the two.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The things they do to Yuuto make Shute's efforts look tame by comparison.
- Laser-Guided Karma: They wanted to exploit Haruka for profit. They didn't expect Gentou to buy their entire company and sack the two of them — all to save his beloved daughter. They were last seen degraded into mere participants in a bikini oil wrestling contest — a fate Gento notes is fitting for them.
- Manipulative Bitch: Yayoi
- Psycho Supporter: Nozomi
- Those Two Girls
Voiced by: Yumi UchiyamaA relative of Touka, who holds the key to an overarching plot.
- Alpha Bitch: Most of Haruka's old schoolmates didn't mind her hobby, but then she literally threatened all of them, including Haruka's best friends, into turning on her.
- Big Bad: Indirectly, as she's the one who drags Haruka and Yuuto into the Tennoujis' family crisis, as well as the person who essentially forced Haruka to become an outcast at her old alma mater.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The facade quickly crumbles.
- Manipulative Bitch: Combined with Alpha Bitch above.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: The only thing about her that doesn't provide major spoilers.
- Out-Gambitted: Akiho just went along with the Arranged Marriage proposal because it was a good setup to test Haruka and Yuuto's resolve. When she finds out she'd been used, she attempts revenge, only to be stopped dead by Touka.
- Rich Bitch: Just in case the other bitch-related tropes about her haven't driven the point home.
- Villainous Breakdown: Can only whimper and cry once Touka has her completely cornered after her utterly humiliating defeat.
- Walking Spoiler