Characters: Code MENT
For tropes on the None Piece characters appearing in Episode 14.5, refer to this page.
open/close all folders
The Black Knights
Tropes that apply to The Black Knights as a whole
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: "Oh my god! TV!"
- The Ditz: Their leader is Lelouch. That says it all, really.
Lelouch vi Britannia / One
"Explain this to me like I'm retarded."The central character of Code MENT. In contrast with his canon counterpart, this Lelouch is idiotic, sociopathic, brash, impulsive, and generally has no idea what he's doing. The only reason he seems to be able to get away with what he does is because everyone with the power to stop him is just as bad as he is.
- Achievements in Ignorance: He manages to corner Clovis in his base without knowing how he did it. Additionally, in episode 14.5, he manages to get a helicopter into the air by randomly pushing buttons.
- All According to Plan: Subverted. Lelouch tries to claim that causing the rock slide on Shatter Mountain was this, but he gets called out on it.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: When C.C. asks him to actually do some work, he almost immediately switches over to YouTube.
- Berserk Button: Don't touch his stuff.
- Big "NEVER!": When playing beer pong with Suzaku, Luffy, and Zoro, he utters this when Suzaku suggests he quit playing, despite saying that the game is stupid.
- Bodyguard Crush: Implied with C.C., he told her "I love you" at least twice. Whether it is genuine or not or if she reciprocates this is ambiguous.
- Brain Bleach: After seeing pornography of Todd Phelps and Michael Bay gangbanging Megan Fox, he tries to schedule some electro-convulsive therapy. He also tried to forget The Hangover 3 via the same process.
- The Ditz: While certainly not a trait unique to him, he provides the most examples due to having the most screen time.
- Dub Name Change: His secret identity was Zero in Code Geass, and it's One in Code MENT.
- General Failure: The only reason he hasn't been defeated yet is because his opponents are even more incompetent.
- Insane Troll Logic: Runs on this.
- Jerkass: It seems to be the only reason that he decided to turn against Britannia.
- Jumped at the Call: He agrees to C.C.'s contract before she has a chance to lay out the terms.C.C.: "Are you sure? You don't even know the terms of the contract."Lelouch: "Do I get superpowers?"C.C.: "...Yes?"Lelouch: "Done deal."
- Lack of Empathy: Especially towards RivalzLelouch: "Rivalz, die in a fire."
- Large Ham
- Magic Eye: Duh.
- Metaphorgotten: His speech about justice in Episode 8.
- Never My Fault: He doesn't take responsibility for his actions, blames it on someone else, or pretends that's what he wanted to happen.
- Never Learned to Read: "Damn it! Must. Learn. To. Read!"
- Only Sane Man: Surprisingly enough, he was a lot more sensible as a child. It's likely that spending the next several years with Suzaku are what made him into The Ditz he is today.
- Parody Stu: He's the prince of Britannia, his cousin is Death the Kid, his uncle is Alucard, and he gets away with stunts that can only be described as batshit insane.
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Sanity Ball: He holds it whenever there's a crazier character around (which is often). Well, for a certain definition of sanity, anyway. He also seems much saner in flashbacks to his childhood. Suzaku probably has something to do with the change.
- The Sociopath: Dosen't seem to care much for people, betrayed his country for almost no Reason, and if he does like you he can still be an asshat.
- Generally, half his actions fall into this, the other half fall into idiot ball territory.
- Tangled Family Tree: In addition to what it was in the original series, his family tree now includes Alucard as his mom's brother, Death as his dad's brother, and consequently Death the Kid as his cousin.
- That Came Out Wrong: Numerous times while chasing a cat in episode 6.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Kid Lelouch is noticeably smarter than teenage Lelouch.
"Have I ever mentioned that you morons are the sole vexation on my existence? Because I definitely should have by now."Code MENT's resident immortal and Only Sane Man, who is one of the main reasons why Lelouch hasn't been caught or killed yet.
- Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder: Tries to be this for Lelouch, and hates every second of it.
- Crossdressing Voices: Purpleeyes manages a somewhat convincing voice for her.
- Deadpan Snarker: And she definitely has plenty of things to snark at.
- Death Seeker: Like in the original series.
- Immortality: Again, like her counterpart.
- Major Injury Underreaction: When Mao shoots her, she responds with a sarcastic "oh, ow".
- After Mao disables her limbs with multiple gunshots, her response is, "You done?"
- Mind Screw: Her outfit in Episode 14 manages to induce this on Lelouch.
- Only Sane Man: Much to her chagrin.
- Psychic Powers: She has the ability to grant them to people, and does so to Lelouch at the start of the series.
- Touch Telepathy: She uses it to force Suzaku to watch Madonna music videos.
- Sarcasm Mode: When Mao shoots her.
- Surrounded by Idiots
"There's nothing like a post-kill sandwich!"The Black Knights' resident action girl and expert mecha pilot. She's almost exactly the same as her counterpart from the source material, save for the obligatory decrease in intelligence (though she doesn't get it as badly as most).
- Action Girl: As in the source material.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Lelouch, though after Episode 3 it's mostly one-sided.
- Calling Your Attacks: "SMACK Attack!"
- "Laser Arm!"
- Has Two Mommies: To the point where she thinks that "dad" is a made up word."You keep saying my mom and something else."
- Larynx Dissonance: Proof that despite being a Man of a Thousand Voices, even purpleeyes has his limits.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: As Lelouch puts it, "Nobody cares about Kallen!"
"I found a naked chick in a dumpster."The original leader of the group, who's now been reduced as playing the straight man to everyone else's idiocy. Well, he was until he found Viletta.
- All Men Are Perverts: Viletta wasn't naked when he founder her by the harbor. She is when she wakes up.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Viletta robbed him of the ability to think clearly.
- Only Sane Man: Was this before he found Viletta.
"If you want a baby keep it the hell away from Serbia!"The Black Knights' resident stoner. He's knowledgeable enough about the drug world to tip off One on a meth warehouse that they can steal from.
- The Stoner: He got a lot of use out of the drugs that the Black Knights stole from the mob.
- Unusual Euphemism: Refers to meth as "refrain".
- Vocal Dissonance: His voice sounds like he breathes nothing but sulfur hexafluoride.
"I have no idea how I got roped into this...but I fucking love it!"A Britannian journalist that One outsourced a job in the Black Knights to.
- Never Learned To Write: He can read just fine, but he admits that he can't write. Makes you wonder how he became a journalist in the first place.
"I like salad forks!"Lelouch's not-love interest. She thinks of Lelouch as her boyfriend, even though they're not dating, and Lelouch doesn't even like her.
- Brainless Beauty: She gives Suzaku a run for his money in terms of stupidity.
- The Ditz
- Heroic BSOD: When she finds out that Lelouch is One.
- Mind Rape: Lelouch accidentally makes her brain explode when he uses his Geass on her, resulting in the loss of the last two years of her life.
- Non Sequitur: Frequently utters these.
RivalzOne of Lelouch's "friends" at Ashford who just can't seem to figure out that Lelouch hates his guts.
- Butt Monkey: Lelouch always either insults him or tells him to shut up. Suzaku even gets in on this.
- Eternal September: Rivalz is amazed to discover that there are naked women on the internet. And that some of them are famous for being naked.
- Phrase Catcher: "Shut (the fuck) up, Rivalz!"
- Simpleton Voice: About on par with Suzaku, just higher pitched.
"I can survive entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid."In contrast to his canon portrayal, this Suzaku is a complete moron. He's so stupid, that even the other characters consider him to be an idiot, despite being little better themselves. Unlike in Code Geass, this Suzaku didn't want the Britannians to take over Japan, but he still fought alongside them anyway because he joined the wrong army.
- Ambiguous Disorder: He definitely has some form of mental retardation.
- Berserk Button: Madonna music videos.
- Big Eater
- Blue and Orange Morality: Refuses to disarm a "bomb" because it's forcing Nunnally to play the Damsel in Distress trope. Mainly his reasoning behind this is because he believes Nunnally is strong and capable, and even says she isn't handicapped. She is currently tied to a chair and is blind.
- Though not only does Lelouch disarm it, it turns out it was just scaring away monstrous worms, so Suzaku did good this time.
- Broken Record: "Hey Lelouch, think we'll be friends forever? Forever? Forever? Forever?"
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Critical Research Failure: In-universe. His explanation of how HD televisions came to be involves the Cold War, Abraham Lincoln (who is the president of the United States of Khazakstan), and Martin Luther King Jr. collaborating with Albert Einstein to make a TV out of plasma. He also thinks HD stands for Internal Affairs.
- Which is even more confusing when you remember that in-universe, Steampunk Abe Lincoln is his father.
- The Ditz: The biggest one in the show.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Its hard to argue that scoring a negative IQ is "bad" when it gets you out of prison and executions.
- Extreme Omnivore: He's been known to consume plastic, cyanide, glass, crayons, lighter fluid, silverware, and a table.
- The Fool: He joined the wrong army in the war between Japan and Britannia.
- Has Two Mommies: He thinks he does. And that they're both dead.
- Idiot Savant: Despite his low intelligence, he's still quite a capable mecha pilot.
- Inadequate Inheritor: His father was the great leader of Japan, and also cyborg Abraham Lincoln with a gatling gun for an arm. Suzaku, to put it delicately, does not live up to his badass heritage.
- Insane Troll Logic: On the rare occasions that he uses any logic at all.
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Most Annoying Sound: In-universe. Suzaku is able to make the sound of a vuvuzela come out of his mouth, and it annoys Jeremiah enough that he orders Suzaku to be executed.
- Never Learned to Read: And unlike Lelouch, he isn't trying to fix this flaw.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: Lelouch mentions that Suzaku uses "swordfish" as his password for everything.
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: He refuses to save Nunally from a motion sensing bomb because he doesn't want to contribute to the Damsel in Distress trope.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: Drops a few. Suzaku being who he is, every one is a Non Sequitur."Comin' at ya, Cleopatra!"
"Coo-coo kachu, Mrs. Robinson!"
- Simpleton Voice
- Sudden Intelligence: In episode 16, he gets the quick idea to kick down a gun turret and actually legitimately argues with Lelouch about, of all things, the Damsel in Distress trope. During the same episode, he attempts to buy clothes at a soup store.
- Too Dumb to Live
"The Japanese Army is about to get a serious ass-kicking by Dr. Jeremiah Gottwald. That's right, I'm a Doctor. PhD in ass-kicking, Bachelors in pain, and a minor in women's studies."
- Back from the Dead: He gets brought back to life at the end of Soul Whatever: Third Earth.
- Berserk Button: Hates it when people say anything about a team deathmatch.
- Death by Adaptation: He actually dies in his fight with Kallen in this version.
- I Minored in Tropology: Has a PhD in ass-kicking, a Bachelors in pain, and a minor in women's studies.
- Large Ham: While the major quirk for most characters is stupidity, for Jeremiah, it seems to be his prominent personality.
- The Stoner: He's done enough drugs to where he considers meth/refrain to be beneath him. Real men do PCP.
The Two Soldiers
Soldier 1: Dude, you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Both: Pizza bagels!A pair of recurring Britannian soldiers who have an obsession with pizza bagels and no real idea what they're doing. Are the only soldiers who ever get voiced and don't immediately die.
- Ax-Crazy: One of them was more than willing to kill a group of civilians over pizza. They also seem to be quite entertained by the way people fall when they shoot them.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: They pretty much have no idea what they're doing, and frequently ditch their posts to go get something to eat.
- Composite Character: In the source material, each of their appearances are likely completely different pairs of soldiers. Thanks to their armor concealing their appearances though, they can all pass for the same two guys.
- The Dividual: They're almost always on the same wavelength.
- Faceless Goons: Because of the stormtrooper armor they're wearing, it's impossible to recognize them until they speak.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: They let a wanted criminal go because he said "please".
- Horrible Judge of Character: They stop One and the Black Knights because they have reports of drug smugglers in the area. They let him go because he said "please" and looks like a trustworthy guy.
- Morality Pet: One of them is clearly a bit more unhinged, with the other one keeping him in line. That's not to say that either of them is all that sane to begin with, though.
- Those Two Bad Guys: They have absolutely no reason to be around except to be violent, funny, and occasionally violently funny.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza bagels. Additionally, one of them is rather fond of assorted cheeses.
Death the Kid
"I may actually have to stop at the patent office, because I am about to invent a whole new kind of pain for you, Lelouch!"The son of Death, and Lelouch's cousin. All of his appearances outside Soul Whatever videos have been to try and stop Lelouch from killing a large group of people.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Manages to open a hole in the space-time continuum in his dad's office by pushing buttons, even though there aren't any buttons.
- Berserk Button: Lelouch's antics, and in general people that kill wantonly.
- As shown in "Soul Whatever - 'Documentary'", he also dislikes dick jokes.
- Canon Foreigner: He's originally from Soul Eater.
- Celestial Bureaucracy: The reason he hates Lelouch so much is because he has to do the paperwork whenever someone dies.Death the Kid: It's kind of like working at the DMV, only slightly less horrifying.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Runs a rather successful marketing firm. In Episode 8 of None Piece, he charges the film crew $59 million.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Kills the only man that can fix his dad's office because he thought he was a terrorist. Thankfully, Soul finds the president's documents, so it's likely that it'll be fixed soon.
- Though given that said individual stole documents from the president and was trying to kill Death The Kid, it's a little more understandable than just "Murder for the sake of madness," as some of his relatives might do.
- Only Sane Man: Probably the only member of Lelouch's family that isn't crazy.
- Not So Above It All: ...before Soul Whatever.
- Super OCD: Averted. In contrast with his canon counterpart, he has yet to be bothered by any lack of symmetry. Given that he has to deal with Lelouch on a fairly regular basis, he probably doesn't have room to be bothered by lesser things.
- Tangled Family Tree: His father is brothers with the king of Britannia.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Soul seem to have quite a back and forth going on, but they just as often converse in a friendly manner.
"You know, it's funny. I thought this day was gonna suck, but it turns out I'm gonna find the girl that I've been looking for for forever, and I got a new best friend."Unlike his canon counterpart, this Mao is fairly calm and collected, and despite having the same abilities as in canon, he's actually quite sane. Instead of becoming enemies with Lelouch due to his association with C.C., they strike up a very genuine friendship.
- Adaptational Heroism: He and Lelouch are best friends in this version, but...
- Affably Evil: ...he still gives Shirley a gun and still tries to kill C.C.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: He's rather confused when the gun store clerk thinks "Maybe they should outlaw chicken penises."
- Blessed with Suck
- Chainsaw Good: "Whoa. Buddy. Buddy. Look at me. Look at me. Look at me. Yes"
- I Resemble That Remark: C.C. calls him childish and impulsive. His response is to shout "No!" and shoot her.
- Only Sane Man: Surprisingly, he's one of the saner characters in the show... for given values of "Sane." He did tie up Nunnally in a basement, tried to kill CC, and gave Shirley a gun.
- Psychic Powers
- Telepathy: "Just putting this out there, I can read minds. Not as fun as it sounds."
- Race Lift: He claims, rather than being Chinese, he's actually an albino black person.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Declares this after Lelouch and Suzaku ruin his scavenger hunt, and Suzaku tries to arrest him. Unfortunately, C.C. finds him before he can get away.