- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Succotash was used less than Rat Baby in their shared video, but is arguably more remembered by the fans.
- Knife Dad's Gay Daughter wasn't even a creation and yet is cited as one of the most memorable parts of the Champions Online video.
- Fetish Retardant:
- The brothers are grossed out by the sexualised "ratbabies" and pet cats in Blade & Soul, remarking that they're going to prison.
- The Boy-Mayor of Second Life is platforming on closing down all the sex clubs. He spends much of his time being grossed out by Second Life's hypersexual, kink-happy personality.
- Fridge Horror: During the final episode of the "Just Like Art" mini-series, Justin notices a "belly" slider and Griffin says "That's for one of the sex mods I don't have installed" to which Justin jokingly responds "Anymore." This becomes Harsher in Hindsight when you realize that Griffin installed the sex mods for Touch the Skyrim, which was left hanging when Nick was let go from Polygon.
- Genius Bonus: For TV nerds. While Griffin's description of a Scrubs episode at the end of the Conan Exiles video is deliberately vague, it, combined with the picture onscreen, heavily implicates the famously tragic episode "My Screw-Up" as the one he's referring to. This was possibly inadvertent.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In the Mass Effect 2 video, Justin brings up the possibility of creating a perfect re-creation of Ray Romano. Romano would later get his own episode during Sweeps Week.
- After "improving" the character names in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, they joke about how weird it was that Patrick Stewart agreed to voice a character whose name was a Toilet Humor joke. Then an actual movie company got him to voice a poop emoji.
- When Fallout 76 was first released as a demo, several players noticed several references to The Final Pam in one of the houses. And then the beta for the game was released and a Game-Breaking Bug caused the entire game to get deleted. She's sure in there, alright...
- When creating Toucan Dan, they joke about how their creation looks like a living emoji. Two years later...
- Friendly Fandoms: With Car Boys and Touch the Skyrim, two other series by Polygon with Griffin narrating.
- Memetic Badass: The Final Pam, harbringer of the apocalypse and Reality Warper.
- Memetic Mutation: Half of what comes out of the brothers' mouths.
- From the Bort Sampson episode:
- Just like Bart! Explanation
- "Take it to the bank, boys."
- The general use of the word "boy" in the show to describe their creations.
- From the Spore series:
- "Backpack for his applesauce, backpack where he keeps his applesauce"
- "I'm going to Dairy Queen these guys out of the fucking sky."
- KNIFE DAD - KNIFE DAD'S GAY DAUGHTER
- Taking audio clips from the "boy" compilation and playing them over video of other franchises like so.
- "I take a hammer and I fix the [x]." (Based on what Final Pam says about her baby, who is apparently too small.)
- From the Bort Sampson episode:
- Rated M for Money: The brothers start out their Saint's Row 3 video being wowed by the use of wacky swears in the action game.
- Signature Scene:
Pam: [after using the killall command and crashing a helicopter] How your backyard barbecue go, the Smiths? Pretty good it doesn't seem. NEXT TIME, YOU INVITE PAM.
- Their Just Like Bart scene, as described in Memetic Mutation.
- Final Pam is largely considered one of the most popular monsters, on account of her bizarre Reality Warper tendencies.
"Kobe! Kobe! Kobe! Kobeeeee! Kobe, baby! Kobe beef!"
- In the Wii Sports Resort series, the brothers at one point have Turbovicki, the monster, participate in a basketball challenge. As they toss each ball they shout out the names of famous players. They miss every shot.
"Whats up, everybody!? I think dogs should vote!"
- The entire five-minute bit from "Second Life, Second Chances: Episode Two" where Griffin and Justin successfully join and then very quickly get kicked out of a serious political discussion group.
- Ugly Cute: Several monsters, but especially Jaa'm and Rat Baby.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Randyjohnson is female, but with her masculine name, bald head, and ambiguous body, there is no immediate way to tell.
YMMV / Monster Factory