- Complete Monster: Valdou is the leader of a race of mechanical humanoids who sees humans as naturally inferior, and leads a coup in the magical land of Paradiso. His ultimate plan is to create a land without any emotions where only machines rule; thousands of human dissenters are captured, brainwashed, or killed in concentration camps. During his search for the Seventh Princess and the magical tiara, he brainwashes Kilala's friend Erica to retrieve the tiara, then orders his men to shoot her in the head. After dropping his friendly pretense, Valdou shoots Kilala as she reunites with Rei, then captures the prince and plans to torture him into being thoroughly brainwashed, trying to kill Kilala several times. When he uses Princess Sylphy as a mole, Valdou plans to brainwash her too, and threatens Princess Jasmine's life in the world of Aladdin. His final, most despicable act of cruelty is to set a village on fire, endangering children orphaned under his rule, and mocking Rei over Kilala's apparent death in the blaze.
- Evil Is Sexy: Some of the Disney Villainesses...and Valdou.
- And Sylphy.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Rei and Valdou are looking for "the seventh princess," with the six Disney Princesses being the first six. It's kinda funny when you consider that technically they should be looking for Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, Elsa or Moana.
- Also: six Disney princesses and a seventh being exclusive to a new story...huh? The seventh isn't Kairi?
- The Un-Twist: Kilala is the princess Rei is looking for. Really, if you know anything about shoujo manga, it should be obvious.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Valdou is remarkably androgynous. For the record, he's male.
YMMV / Kilala Princess