- Adaptation Displacement: According to the other wiki, it was originally a novel series.
- Awesome Music:
- Some of the stage music can get a player psyched up... assuming you hear it over the sound effects. The (regular) songs for the prologue and second/third stages fit the bill nicely.
- Considering that this is the work of Hideyuki Fukasawa (the man known for composing the OSTs for both Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom 3) that put him on the map, let's just be safe and say the entire soundtrack. Highlights include "Blood Remains" (Title Screen), "From Results Screen to Intermission -First Phase-" (Intermission Screen 1), "Choir of Curse" (Boss Theme 1), "A Way to Nowhere" (Stages 4 & 5), "Evil Shore" (Stage 6), "The Drones of Hell" (Boss Theme 2), "Ravine of Silence" (Stage 7), "I Can Hear the Shriek" (Stage 8), "Monks" (Stage 9), "Feel no Fear" (Stages 10 & 11), "Bloody Truth" (Delacroix 1st), "Battle Cry" (Stage 12), "Solemn Voice" (Stage 13), "Be Killed Again" (Delacroix 2nd), "Massive Strokes" (Final Boss 1), and "Now I See" (Final Boss 2).
- Moving beyond Fukusawa's contributions, "FLY" by Liv is an uplifting song that fittingly plays over the ending sequence and credits. The English version isn't too shabby either.
- The Drama Digest CD of the OST features as its second track a beautiful piano piece by fellow (at the time) Capcom composer Masato Koda. This is used as the ending music in place of "FLY" in the PC version of the game, which is also appropriate, as it's an arrangement of Siela's theme, the above "Now I See," and Siela is featured prominently in the final cutscene.
- Breather Level: Lakeside.
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: You can pretty much go through the whole game with just Malice and Blasphemy.
- Cult Classic: Fans agree that this is yet another one of Capcom's overlooked, underrated titles.
- Goddamn Bats:
- The Archanus, airborne metal monsters that fly around arenas in swarms which are lethally dangerous unless you have Malice or Blasphemy equipped.
- The Zuom Cloarth are groups of tiny spiders that appear in cavern missions. Though annoying in hordes, they are not as dangerous as they may seem since an entire group can be dispatched in a single hit.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: There are a myriad of similarities between Delacroix and Sephiroth, as explained on the main page. His English voice actor, Josh Gilman, would go on to play Angeal, one of Zack and Sephiroth's fellow SOLDIERs, in Crisis Core.
- That One Level: The Forbidden City of Yzarc "Core."
YMMV / Chaos Legion