A late 2001 to early 2002 Canadian CGI television series set in an unspecified medieval fantasy kingdom (possibly Occitania), following Princess Djana, barbarian Tara, Shogi apprentice Herek, and Wip the Dragon as they fight against the evil Prince Bragan and his sorcerer ally Kwodahn, who scheme to usurp the power of the throne.
Xcalibur contains examples of:
- Action Pet: Wip is a baby dragon who is found by the protagonists and follows them.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Kwodahn's forces infiltrate Shogi Island in one episode when Heric leaves the book of Life with them.
- Big Bad: Kwodahn, who is a powerful warlock. For all intents and purposes he is The Devil, as people will sells their souls to him for power, as Prince Bragan did.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Ten year old King Arthus is the son of the late King Edwin. His uncle Bragan becomes the power behind the throne, and convinces Arthus that Prince Erwann killed his father to claim Xcalibur.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Xcalibur normally glows blue, but has a sinister red glow when wielded by someone evil.
- The Dragon: Prince Bragan. In order to claim power, he sells his soul to Kwodahn, then assassinates Edwin. He then becomes Kwodahn's servant.
- Power Trio: Of the Knight, Knave, and Squire variety. Djana is the daughter of Prince Erwann, Herik is a Shogi apprentice being taught to use magic and tasked with protecting the Shogi's Book of Life, and Tara, a messenger for the People of the Seas, who gets caught up in the intrigue.
- Obviously Evil: Bragan and his guards who dress in dark purples and reds compared to his gold clad brother King Edwin or white clothed nephew Arthus.
- Redhead In Green: Djana has red hair and wears a green bodysuit.
- Sticks to the Back: In the second episode, Herek makes a magical scabbard for Djana's Xcalibur that grows out of her armor when she sticks the sword to her back.
- Taken for Granite: At the start of the series, Kwodahn uses a magic spell to turn Princess Djana's father, Prince Erwann, to stone. One of Djana's goals for the series is finding a way to reverse this curse.
- Victory by First Blood: Heric once had to fight in such a duel. Since he was not only a mage apprentice, but also a Bare-Fisted Monk, he kicked his opponent in the face, thus drawing blood and winning.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: "Xcalibur" rather than "Excalibur".