Piper Penguin And His Fantastic Flying Machines, formerly known as Penguins: Waddle On, is an All-CGI Cartoon released by Spark Plug Entertainment in 2008. Its plot mostly revolves around Piper Penguin, who dreams of flight and exploring what's beyond Penguinville. The problem, however, is that Piper's machines fail most of the time. He also has to endure penguin high school, which has its prom just around the corner. After the big event, however, a killer whale breaks in and threatens to eat the captured penguins, and it's up to Piper to build a flying machine to get there in time.
- Adults Are Useless: Averted with Piper's father Pops, though played straight with everyone else.
- Alliterative Name: Every penguin's name starts with a P, while whales and walruses have names that start with W. The only character that doesn't follow this rule is Coach.
- An Aesop: About following your dreams, in a very Anvilicious manner.
- Artistic License Physics: Somehow, a single penguin flapping its wings can increase the altitude of a massive air balloon.
- Big Damn Heroes: Piper, his father, Pepperoni and Winthrop save the day by breaking into the whale's hideout via air balloon.
- Beta Couple: Pickles and Pepperoni are this compared to Piper and Penny.
- Bland-Name Product: Krill Cola (Coca-Cola) and PNN (CNN).
- Gasshole: Winthrop burps throughout the movie.
- Happily Adopted: Winthrop shares the same family as Piper.
- High School: Piper's school can be inferred to be this, since there's a prom and other tropes about high school present.
- In Name Only: Piper Penguin, while it does share many similarities to both Happy Feet and Surf's Up (particularly the former), isn't a complete rip-off of the two.
- Just in Time: When Piper and pals save the penguin population.
- Kent Brockman News: Peraldo Penguin, reporter of PNN. Every chance he gets, he either insults Piper or the cameraman.
- Mickey Mousing: When Pepperoni slams his head into his locker, though this may have been unintentional.
- Mockbuster: Either to Happy Feet or Surf's Up.
- Trailers Always Spoil: "Can this single-minded bird change history through penguin perseverance?" Apparently so, since the next shot focuses on the many flying machines over Penguinville.