Jack, also called Jack the Explorer, is a 2011 3D animated children's series from Canada that airs on TVO Kids in its home country.
Jack is an alien from the planet Beano. One day, he, his pet Rocket, and his computer friend Chip, fly to Earth and meet three kids; Nico, Yoki, and Sam. Fascinated by the constant surprises of Earth, he often returns and learns about all the crazy things there, as well as how they compare/contrast how it is on Beano.
"Earth is full of tropes!"
- Aerith and Bob: Jack and Sam are both common names, Nico and Yoki are more rare names, and then there's names like Rocket and Chip.
- Affectionate Nickname: Jack will sometimes call Rocket "Bugaloo".
- Alien Among Us: Defied. One of the key factors of the series is that Nico, Yoki, and Sam can't let anyone find out about Jack's existence.
- Aliens Speaking English: Jack can speak English, but often misunderstands certain phrases; e.g., "in your head" rather than "in your face".
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Nico (blond), Yoki (brunette), and Sam (redhead).
- Catchphrase: Jack has "Let's jet!"
- Four-Fingered Hands: Downplayed; only Jack has these.
- Freudian Trio:
- The aliens: Jack (Id), Rocket (Ego), and Chip (Superego).
- The kids: Sam (Id), Nico (Ego), and Yoki (Superego).
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Most episodes have Jack shrinking down to explore certain areas, from a garage to Sam's head.
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: Mrs. Weebler, a cranky senior woman determined to prove Jack's existence to the neighbourhood.
- Sick Episode: In a way, "Vertigo No-No!", where Jack's mission to recover an alien machine and get back to Beano is impeded by a case of vertigo.
- Title Theme Tune: "5, 6, 7, 8, exploring Earth is really great! Jack is back!"
- Two Guys and a Girl: Both the aliens (Jack, Rocket, and Chip) and the humans (Nico, Yoki, and Sam) fit this.
- Youthful Freckles: If you look closely, you can see a dusting of freckles on Nico and Sam.