Daft Planet is a Canadian cartoon that first aired on Teletoon on September 2nd, 2002.
The show follows the lives of two teenagers in Maple City. Ched Harley, the son of a taxidermist, and Hudson Stiles, the son of a network executive. Despite their class differences, the two are very close friends.
The show only lasted for thirteen episodes, having production cut short whenfunding ran out due to cuts to the CTF program.
Daft Planet contains examples of:
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Hudson has a younger brother who's a real terror.
- Black and Nerdy: Iggy is a tech whiz.
- Cloning Blues: In "The New Me-Kinda", Ched accidentally sneezes into a petri dish that apparently contains a cloning formula, and then mistakenly pockets it. The next day, he discovers a baby version of him in Hudson's living room.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Hudson wears one.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Ched and Harley experience one in "Trading Faces", and end up learning what the other's life is like.
- How We Got Here: "Requiem for a Game" begins with Ched and Harley being chased down a street. Ched runs past a car, which stops before Ched can get around, causing him to get tackled to the ground. Then it flashes back two weeks.
- Imaginary Friend: Hudson's older brother, Albert, had one when he was a kid. His name was Nanigans.
- Invisible Anatomy: The people of this world don't have necks. Rather, their heads just float above their shoulders.
- Lethal Eatery: In "Snitchy and the Phobe", several restaurants in Maple City are this, with waiters spilling food on the floor and discreetly scooping it back into the food trays, to restaurants serving food contaminated with various disgusting things.
- Lethal Chef: In "Snitchy and the Phobe", Ched and Hudson start exposing the chefs of several restaurants in Maple City as this. Notable ones include the chef at a Mexican restaurant who was smoking while stirring a pot of chili, causing some of the ashes from what he was smoking to fall into said chili, and finally allowing his bird to poop in it. There's also Il Giovanni's Ristorante, who's parmigiana was really baked sock scum.
- Mega-Corp: GigantiCorp.
- Rapid Aging: Ched's clone in "The New Me-Kinda" has a lifespan of about a week. He goes on a date with a girl as a teenager, and is an adult by the time the movie they're watching ends.
- Terrified of Germs: Hudson becomes this in "Snitchy and the Phobe". After going through countless kitchens in restaurants across Maple City and discovering chef's with absolutely no regard for health and safety protocols, he starts wearing a surgical mask. It ultimately culminates in him getting glasses that allow him to see all the germs around him, and then wake up in a hospital bed to a video about the dangers of being overly-clean. The he sees Ched's video of what goes into the parmigiana at a restaurant Hudson went to recently.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Hudson's mom has purple hair.