Dallas & Robo is a 2018 YouTube Original adult Science Fiction Animated Series staring Kat Dennings and John Cena as Dallas Moonshiner & Robo, respectively. The duo are 23nd century space truckers driving the ''Georgia Overdrive" for Dallas' uncle's family trucking firm based on Mars.
Dallas & Robo contains examples of:
- Acquired Error at the Printer: Uncle Danny and The Woodsman must go to same printer, as they both get back items labeled "Monshiner".
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Once Dallas gets a chance to race again, she starts being belittling her friends and co-workers. This may be a return to form, however, as her crew chief Robo notes her ego is back.
- Action Girl: She prefers to let Robo do the fighting, but Dallas can handle herself in a fight.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Robo himself is stable but other machines given sentience seem to either be suicidal or murderous.
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: The Cannibal Bikers fit this trope, with Apunkalypse additions.
- Androids Are People, Too: Those close to him treat Robo mostly the same as a human, but he tends to be shown disdain by others.
- Artificial Gravity: Everywhere, from the Georgia Overdrive to the Moon, seems to have normal Earth gravity.
- Asteroid Miners: The mine on Io is having labor-management relationship problems.
- Backup Bluff: Dallas convinces the Stranger that Fat Paul is an actual threat.
- Badass Biker: Carol the Biker King got sentenced to a millennium long prison sentence for "that little thing" she did, killed everyone on a prison transport and took over a group of man-eating space bikers after crushing their former leader. She also had a plan to take over Mars, which almost worked.
- Badass Driver: Dallas. She regularly uses her race driving skills behind the wheel of the Georgia Overdrive.
- Beleaguered Boss: Uncle Danny.
- Black Comedy Cannibalism: The Cannibal Bikers provide plenty of this.
- Bland-Name Product: Crassio calculator
- Bounty Hunter: The white-suited Stranger is after Robo for a bounty, despite the culling of A.I.'s being over.
- Burial in Space: How bodies are dealt with during "Murder on the Georgia Overdrive".
- Cannibal Tribe: The Cannibal Bikers name is very literal.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Dallas plans to rat Freddy Calhoun's violations out to the union because he called her his second favorite race driver, after her hated rival Whiskey Johnson.
- Do You Trust Me?: Subverted.Dallas: Robo, do you trust me?
- Dressing as the Enemy: Dallas and Robo try this, with poor results.
- Electric Torture: Done to Robo, which backfires.
- Everything Is An Ipod In The Future: The headquarters of Phobos Trucking.
- Faction Motto: "Moonshiners Don't Lose"
- Fiery Redhead: Dallas.
- Future Food Is Artificial: Martians eat 3D printed food. Dallas gets a green steak when the printer ran out of brown protein.Dallas: On the plus side, it's got a real Granny Smith under-taste.
- The Gambling Addict: Ellie
- Glowing Mechanical Eyes: Robo. He can use them as flashlights, but it creeps Dallas out.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Dallas
- Hobos: Beans!
- I'll Take Two Beers Too: Robo is very used to Dallas pulling this one.
- I Am a Monster: Robo says after the his many attempts to give machines A.I. fail destructively.
- In Space, Everyone Can See Your Face: Spacesuits in the show fit this, as well as the emergency bubble suit that comes out of Dallas' collar.
- The Lad-ette: Dallas.
- Left the Background Music On: During "Moonbound & Down", the soundtrack by The Sadies stops abruply as Dallas switches off the stereo.
- Mugged for Disguise: Dallas and Robo pull this on a pair on Cannibal Bikers.
- Modern Stasis: Space travel and robots are common, but society is still mostly early 21st century-like. Much of the interiors and fashion has a 1970s vibe.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Whiskey Johnson is a 1970's Richard Petty. The stock cars used in "Le Mars" are clones of the Plymouth Superbird Petty drove at the start of that decade.
- No Longer with Us: In the episode "I, Robo"Danny: Fat Paul is dead...
Dallas & Robo: *Gasp!*
Danny: ...to me! Fat Paul is dead to me. He quit Moonshiner and he joined Phobos Trucking.
Dallas: Why did you pause?
Danny: Did I pause? Maybe I had one of those mini-strokes.
- Recycled In Space: "Moonbound and Down" is Smokey and the Bandit...IN SPACE!
- Robot Buddy: Robo, though he considers Dallas his sidekick.
- Solar Flare Disaster: The Great Solar Storm of 2237 causes equipment failure, blocked commuincations, and discomfort for Robo.
- Space Is Cold: Bodies given Burial in Space freeze almost instantly.
- Space Trucker: Most of the main characters.
- Summation Gathering: Dallas calls one in "Murder on the Georgia Overdrive". It turns into a massive Info Dump on the passengers but is subverted when she utterly fails to solve the case. The one she accuses is not even there because they've been murdered off-screen.Dallas: What do you want from me, I'm drunk. I've had a dozen martinis.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Dallas' introduction.Dallas: What are you doin' squirrel? How did you get in the tub? You silly squirrel.
- Thrown Out the Airlock: This happens fatally to The Woodsman in "The Joy of Cooking". Many, many times.
- Time Travel: While pranking The Woodsman, Robo accidentally discovers the carrot cake recipe from The Joy of Cooking in binary are instructions for time travel.
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap: Dallas always wears one awhile trucking and most other times as well.
- Unreliable Narrator: The ending of "Murder on the Georgia Overdrive" suggests things didn't happen exactly as shown, though a final scene confirms the major points.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Dallas Moonshiner is a lazy, drunk, egotist who shows little concern for her fellow man. Maybe a robot is perfect as her best friend.
- Used Future: Most of the main cast are blue-collar and Mars itself is seen as the wrong side of the tracks.