Mike: Bookseller is a gag-a-day webcomic written and drawn by Mike Lugaresi about working in retail. In this comic, Mike and his friends must survive stupid management, annoying co-workers, and of course, angry and unintelligent customers. Recurring characters include Mike's brother, Jason, Benevolent Boss Fab, the incredibly annoying Carol, and Pointy-Haired Boss Lark. Can be found at krrobar.com
This comic contains examples of:
- Benevolent Boss: Fab is smart, reasonable, and well-liked by his employees.
- Bland-Name Product: Booksellers for Barns & Noble, and the nük for the nook.
- Improbable Weapon User: Mike seems to have a thing for using spatulas when he gets angry.
- Mood Whiplash: In the space of one comic, no less. Essentially, "Hi everyone! Have some hot chocolate! Your store is closing and all of you will likely lose your jobs."
- Sick and Wrong: Mike's reaction to some of the more unfortunate titles in the bookstore. The Dr. Seuss meets Dr. Ruth books had one of the stronger reactions.
- Verbal Tic:
- Carol -hee hee- tends to do this -hee hee- whenever she -hee hee- talks.
- Lark, you know, also tends to, you know, talk like this.