"Hold on to your asses, ass-holders."
Buttlord GT can best be described as an Affectionate Parody of Dragon Ball Z. 'Affectionate' in the sense that it takes the tropes present in DBZ and takes them up to eleven.
Basically, there are three jokes here:
1) Dragon Ball Z is boring.
2) Dragon Ball Z is kind of homoerotic.
3) Groin Attacks are funny.
Crass and immature, but hilarious nonetheless.
Tropes original to Buttlord GT:
- Abusive Parents: Buttlord is the absolute worst parent one could have.
- Accidental Misnaming: Mr. Huge, who develops a habit of calling Buttlord by the wrong name; coming up with such colorful variants as "Asspope" and "Anus-Pharaoh."
- Aerith and Bob: The cast includes Takahashi, Glutes, Snowflake, Huge and... Brad. Not to mention Buttlord's original name - "Kevin".
- Air Jousting: "He has been trained in the art of Zwee fighting. I may actually have to try punching and kicking."
- Angrish: Appears to make up about a third of the actual dialogue.Huge: "Roarg?!"
- Art Evolution: Andy's artwork noticeably improves during the comic's run.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Dropped by Huge when Takahashi steals his and/or Snowflake's wish to the Nad Beast.Takahashi: Now's my chance... Nad Beast! Give me ecstacy... Give me BRAD!!Snowflake: Who?Huge: FFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKK!!
- Big Bad: Snowflake, the Freeza Expy.
- Big Damn Heroes: Invoked - Buttlord finally arrives at the battle, but refuses to take part until the appropriate moment (i.e. when everybody else is half-dead and losing).
- Big "NO!": Glutes, upon discovering he is part
- Bishōnen Line: Snowflake's penultimate form, to the joy of Takahashi.
- Calling the Old Man Out: While fighting Admiral Gerber, who has stolen Buttlord's body, Glutes pays back his father for all the humiliation he's suffered by kicking his head right off his body, and then disintegrating him with a Kamehame Hadoken.
- Camp Gay:
Snowflake: "BEAT IT, ASS-PIRATE!"
- Takahashi, for Brad.
- And Snowflake.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: All over the place.
- Huge has "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!"
- A large number of characters follow their question to another character with "Reveal this to me!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: More like a Cluster F Nuke.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Everyone is a jerk, a moron, utterly useless, or some combination of the three.
- Cool Car: The Brad-Mobile, which Brad arrives in when Takahashi wishes him Back from the Dead.
- Death from Above: Buttlord fires an Overlord Buttblow at Snowflake from above, shouting "KISSES FROM HEAVEN, COCKHOLES!" This blasts a hole in the planet.
- Dynamic Entry: Brad's return from
the dead"another dimension".
- Epic Fail: Takahashi Beam Spams a weak Mook, only to have his shots bounce off like rubber balls. Taunted for his failure, he then busts out his ultimate attack, the Destructo Dick, and accidentally blows himself up.
- Fair-Weather Mentor: King Pie.
- Fartillery: The trademark "Overlord Buttblow".
- Flipping the Bird: gets even used as an attack at one point.
- Fun with Acronyms: BLGT is strikingly similar to LGBT, the acronym for "Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual". Considering the content of the comic, this can't be a coincidence...
- Goldfish Poop Gang: The Gerber Force.
- Groin Attack: A whole lot of 'em.
- Healing Shiv: Bendi heals his allies by throwing boulders at them.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Mr. Huge attempts to stop Hammok from exploding by going huge and cramming himself inside the hole created by Buttlord's Buttblow. It doesn't help.
- Hulking Out: This is Mr. Huge's ability, which he apparently activates by screaming "HUGE!" over and over. It only seems to apply to his upper body, though, so there's no case of Magic Pants.
- Idiot Hero: Buttlord himself.Huge: "Dude, your dad is fucking retarded."
- Inaction Sequence: Everywhere.
- In Medias Res: "No better place to start a new Buttlord epic but in the middle, says Nied."
- Insufferable Imbecile: Buttlord makes boneheaded decisions on a regular basis, and is a huge dick to both the villains and his friends.
- Jerkass: More or less half the cast.
- Jive Turkey: A by-product of the Trash Talk.Buttlord: Yo, 'Flake! You need to read the pizants, my home skillet!
- Just in Time: Buttlord actually manages to arrive on time, but refuses to actually help until his friends are near death so he can pull this off.
- Lampshade Hanging: Lots.
- Large Ham: Mr. Huge
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Takahashi, again.
- Macho Camp: Brad, opposite Takahashi.
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: Buttlord. Yes, the hero of the story is more destructive than any of the villains in the comic. He socks Huge in the nuts and kills him for no reason other than to be a dick while he's holding the planet together from a gigantic crack. Which, by the way, was also caused by Buttlord being a destructive idiot.
- Mr. Fanservice: Played for Laughs. Snowflake's penultimate form has him turn into a twink who isn't wearing a shirt at all, and is wearing a partially unzipped pair of jeans. He also applies sunblock to his chest in one panel. Takahashi even gets Heart Eyes at the sight of him.
- Never Say "Die":Snowflake [After crushing Screw's head]: Ah, he is UNCONSCIOUS.
- Also the frequent references to "getting sent to another dimension", a direct reference to the Dragon Ball dub's bowdlerizations. Taken to its logical conclusion when King Pie, who lives in the "Another Dimension", takes a shortcut home by shooting himself.
- Nice Guy: The comic plays off Buttlord's final form as this, but it soon becomes apparent that it doesn't do anything to reduce his destructive nature. Quite the opposite, actually.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: More like "Nice Job Shoryukening The Guy Holding The Planet Together In The Balls, Hero".
- Noodle Incident: Happens naturally as the result of referencing material parodying events from earlier in Dragon Ball Z than the Namek saga:Takahashi: "I haven't seen Huge like this since he fought Buttlord!"
- Off-Model: Parodied, as with everything else.Snowflake: You fool! Do you realize what you have done??Takahashi: You started the fight scene! Now we're all going to be drawn by the... 3rd String Backup Animation Team!!Glutes: My god, what have I done? AAAAAAAAA! WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY??
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Taken to ridiculous extremes. One "Hair Boner" is easily twenty feet tall.
- Pre-Mortem One-LinerButtlord: You've got something on your face.
- Psychopathic Manchild: This turns out to be the secret of Buttlord's "limitless powah".Huge: I discovered that Kevin has the mind of a 13 year old child. He has no concept of reality or limits. Trust your father, young Glutes. His juvenile fantasy world may make him act in ways we might see as retarded, but it is also the source of his fantastic ultimate power. As long as he believes he is 1337, Buttlord will save the universe.
- Queer People Are Funny: Hey, it was written in the 2000s.
- Screw This, I'm Outta HereTakahashi: @w@;Huge: You're all fags. [Flies away]
- At one point, Buttlord and King Pie are playing The King of Fighters inside their capsule.
- Once Buttlord reaches his final form, he's sporting Dan Hibiki's hairstyle and Dee Jay's pants.
- Near the end of the comic, Snowflake exclaims he's "gonna go all Mad Gearz on your ass" to Buttlord while sporting huge muscles, wearing pants held up by suspenders and holding an iron pipe. To make it even more obvious, the next page has trashcans and roasted chicken lying around while Snowflake performs Haggar's Spinning Lariat, followed by Buttlord performing a combo into a throw with written-out Final Fight sound effects.
- Right after that, Buttlord demands Brad to pump up the music on his car's stereo, which starts playing Eminem's "Lose Yourself", complete with Buttlord donning a hoodie. Then Snowflake shows up and whacks him in the face with a street sign that reads 8 Mile.
- Smoke ShieldScrew: He is obviously finished. No one could survive that much dust.
- Spanner in the Works: This is literally Takahashi's ONLY real accomplishment in the comic, when he wishes Brad back with the Nadballs.
- Suicide as Comedy: King Pie shoots himself not because he's depressed or in despair, but to go back to his home in "Another Dimension".
- That Makes Me Feel Angry:"RAWGRLGH! I am blinded by pain and rage!"Buttlord: OUTRAGE. SHOCK and OUTRAGE.
- The Twink: Snowflake's penultimate form has him turn into this trope.
- Toilet Humor: In spades, and occasionally featuring an actual toilet.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Mr. Huge is perhaps the most extreme example of this in any media.
- Totally Radical: Parodied. 2DMaxx!
- Trash Talk: omnipresent, and often as bizarre as the rest of the comic.Screw: You like that, honkey? You wanna wrap that up and take it home so your mom can sleep with it and maybe you?Snowflake: Dude, that hardly makes sense at all.
- Unsound EffectButtlord: Ok! Now all I need to do is run into some random as shit aliens who will save me and then -
- Stoppable Rage: Takahashi, being a Krillin Expy, is not entirely successful when attempting this.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Buttlord is extremely stupid, impulsive, and a general dick.
- Verbal Tic: King Pie's "Bleah!"
- World of Ham/World of Snark: All the characters yo-yo between being extremely overwhelmed and being extremely underwhelmed by what's going on at any given moment.
- Visual Pun: directly related to the Toilet Humor above, when the big fight actually begins and the shit hits the fan.
- What the Hell, Hero?: From the villain, no less:Snowflake: WHAT IN THE NAME OF SATAN'S FIERY DICKHOLE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
- With Friends Like These.../Friendly Enemy: Everyone with everyone. Especially Buttlord.
- Written RoarSnowflake: Rar.