Skypocalypse is a webseries about a Zombie Apocalypse from the perspective of a group of nerds. It was created as an amateur production by YouTubers Karim Musa (better known as Yotobi), Mattia Ferrari aka Victorlaszlo88, and Mattia Pozzoli aka Matioski. The premise is as it sounds: a zombie apocalypse caused by an unknown virus breaks out, and the protagonists, a group of nerdy friends, gather on a Skype group called "Skypocalypse" to look for survivors.
Or, at least, that was the idea. Unluckily, our three protagonists— Radar (who is a hardcore movie and comics fan), Ghost (who is a videogame nerd) and White Dragon (the pornomaniac of the group)— are everything but heroes, and at first are too scared to even set foot outside of their houses. But as they meet other survivors, they start to realize that things are much more complex that they look like, and there may be obscure interests behind the virus.
The series can be seen on its Youtube channel.
This series features examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: It happens from time to time: in Episode 1x06, for example, Benzrog asks why in the previous episode he wasn't given the customary Boss Subtitles give to characters at their introduction, and Radar answers that there's been a problem with the editing. Then, White Dragon complains that one of his lines has been cut.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Radar devolves into this when he really gets pissed off.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: General Fidanken is so childish and ridiculous that it makes everyone wonder just how someone like him can be a General. Then, enter season 2...
- Cut Short: Because of internal dissent and problem with the equipment, the series was ended prematurely on episode 2x02.
- Hollywood Hacking: Alt and Control's hacking exploits are actually pretty sane (things like blocking sites and disconnecting people from Skype), except for the one time where they infiltrate CCTV cameras. Through the Internet.
- Horrible Judge of Character: With a twist, The Pope is actually quite a good judge of character, except for one instance: trusting Benzrog. While he did have some sort of bad feeling about him (saying that he felt "negative energy" coming from him), he imputed it to his depression. Turns out that it was about something else...
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Delivered in an unusual manner, as it's not the character in question (Malfini) who says it, but it's Ghost who discovers on his own that his father is, indeed, Malfini.
- The Mole: About halfway through the first season, Slap is suspected of being one. It turns out that Malfini deliberately misled the heroes to cover up the real mole, Benzrog.
- Only Sane Man: Compared to Radar or White Dragon, Ghost seems very sensible and well-adjusted.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: In Episode 1x03, Ghost is kidnapped because Yotobi had decided to quit the show. He is later brought back when Yotobi got back in the cast.
- Robo Speak: Arcadia mixes this (especially the inevitable "does not compute") with an hilarious Venetian dialect and completely out-of-place proverbs.
- Skewed Priorities: The fact that the three main characters would much rather dedicate themselves to their hobbies instead of trying to find survivors or investgate the causes of the apocalypse is a Running Gag since the first episode.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Well, duh. It's about a viral zombie outbreak causing survivors to hide in their houses and communicate via Skype while looking for other survivors and investigating the cause.