Zombie Roadkill is a comedy/horror miniseries created by Fearnet.com. It is, unsurpisingly, about the reanimated remains of various woodland creatures taking unholy revenge on the cars that ran them over.
We follow five college kids on a roadtrip, which takes a severe swerve for the worse when they run over a squirrel that immediately comes back to life and chases them down. The trip takes a decided downhill turn from there.
The first episode can be found here.
Zombie Roadkill Contains Examples Of:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Squirrels and possums and skunks, oh my!
- Big Damn Heroes: First Chet to Simon, then Simon to his friends.
- Boy Meets Ghoul: Simon runs over Trish to bring her back and seems happy with his zombie girlfriend. Greg passes on bringing Amber back this way.
- Dirty Coward: Greg fakes a broken leg so he won't have to go for help.
- Eye Scream: The first zombie squirrel we see rips out a girl's eyes and then wears one to replace its own.
- Indian Burial Ground: Lampshaded to hell and back. Witches came in and burned the Indians' virgins, then cannibals ate the witches, then the government built a lab and experiment on murderers and child molesters. Then the built a highway over it.
- The Jaywalking Dead: Inverted, the premise of which involves animals that get struck by vehicles coming back to life for revenge.
- Killer Rabbit: Literally.
- Losing Your Head: Does not deter these animals from their appointed maimings.
- Magical Defibrillator: Mocked.*holding the paddles over air vents to keep the creatures from getting in* Clear!
- Ominous Fog: Ominous demon skunk gas.
- Raising the Steaks: In as silly and gruesome a way as possible.
- Revenge Before Reason: When they finally talk to one of the animals, they find that they don't really have a good reason for their actions."What do you want?""To kiiiiilllll.""Why?""Because!"
- Smelly Skunk: Demonic Skunk Vapor Smokescreen.
- Your Head Asplode: Caused by zombie rabbits burrowing up your neck.