CLW Entertainment is a channel by Collin Weiler. He has various series on his channel, such as fandubs, animations, and more. He is best known for his fandub of Doraemon and his own animated series Planet Weiler.
Notice: His account has been terminated.
CLW Entertainment provides examples of:
- The Abridged Series: Collin has an abridged series of Doraemon, though it is currently on hiatus.
- Animation Age Ghetto: In his 2014 review of Doraemon, he says Doraemon is a dumb show for babies that he shouldn't get obsessed with. After he watches two episodes of it, he becomes obsessed with it.
- Cover Version: Collin makes several of these on his channel. His most popular covers are his ones of Sonic the Hedgehog and Doraemon songs.
- Denser and Wackier: Inverted. The Gag Dub of Ninja Hattori was actually made before the real fandub.
- Dub Name Change:
- Even the Subtitler Is Stumped: The official captions for the Doraemon 2005 fandub opening have a very bad interpretation of the lyrics. "Twisting my hard eye, magic rings raw meat round..."
- Gag Dub:
- Hand Puppet: One of Doraemon is used in "Peanut.mp4".
- Laugh Track: "Just Finished a HUGE Episode of Doraemon!!" features a very repetitive laugh track Played for Laughs. The same soundbite plays whenever anything happens in the video.
- Lost in Translation: According to Collin, he used complete guesswork when translating "TV & Disc Do's And Don't's", a Doraemon short. As a result, the original moral of "watch TV in a well-lit room and don't sit too close or watch too much" was turned into simply "don't watch too much TV".
- Memetic Mutation: The Ninja Hattori Gag Dub is about the characters realizing they are memes and trying to figure out how to come to America. It can be watched here.
- Never Trust a Title:
- Non-Appearing Title: The word "thumbs" isn't said in the video "Thumbs".
- One-Word Title: The video "Thumbs".
- Portmantitle: He has an annual event called DoraeMonth, a portmanteau of "Doraemon" and "Month".
- Repetitive Name: The Mallet Mallet from "My Best Friend, Doraemon".
- Roger Rabbit Effect: "Just Finished a HUGE Episode of Doraemon!!" has an animated clip of Fenneko from Aggretsuko layered on top of live-action footage of Collin.
- Running Gag: Doraemon trying to steal Peanut M&M's.
- She's a Man in Japan: The Gag Dub of Ninja Hattori (here) gives Shinzō a girly voice, despite the character being male. Collin apparently knew almost nothing about Ninja Hattori when he made the dub, which is why he thought Shinzō was female.
- Shout-Out: "The Truth About Big G" is a reference to the famous "Don't be intimidated" scene from SpongeBob SquarePants, except done with Doraemon characters.
- Take That, Audience!: "Doraemon Has A Message" is a short video in which Doraemon responds to requests from fans. He isn't too happy about their requests:Doraemon: If I see so much as one comment asking where the next episode is, I'm going to come to your house and steal all your peanut M&M's!
- Title Drop: "caffeine" is a 5-second-long video where the only dialogue is the title.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Doraemon's favorite food is Peanut M&M's in some videos.
- Translated Cover Version: The themes of Doraemon, Ninja Hattori, etc. are translated into English. Collin sometimes remixes the songs and changes the instrumentals to make them unique.
- Uncancelled: This eventually happened to the Ninja Hattori fandub. It was originally cancelled along with the Perman fandub, but Collin eventually continued dubbing Ninja Hattori.
- Voiceover Translation: The fandub of the Doraemon 2005 theme song keeps Doraemon's Japanese voice in the background and dubs on top of it.