Killing Time is a Role-Playing Game created with RPG Maker, developed by OneOne1, and published by Sakura Game. It was released on Steam on September 20, 2017. It is not to be confused with the horror-themed FPS created by Studio 3DO.
This work focuses on Hatsuki, a trained assassin. The player controls her fate, including whether or not she remains a virgin. So far in her life, she has been dedicated to her job, especially as she was raised and trained by La Résistance's leader, Edgar. However, she has fallen in love with a young doctor named Bruneau, and knows that her current situation can't go on forever. Additionally, there's always the temptation of prostitution and other illicit acts to help fund the crusade, lest her only income be from reducing her foes to corpses. Will she be able to conquer The Empire that has oppressed the land, or succumb to debauchery in the process?
This work makes use of the following Tropes:
- Bleached Underpants: The game's CGs are censored with flowers and cartoon rabbits when needed.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Some bits, such as Hatsuki's default equipped outfit, are not even translated in English.
- Blinding Bangs: Bruneau, one of the few characters with their own portrait, has a dark shadow covering his eyes despite his hair not seeming to be all that long.
- Can't Bathe Without a Weapon: Hatsuki's sprite still has her sword even when she's bathing.
- Elaborate Underground Base: Sigma has a multi-floored base underneath a church, complete with telecommunications, an armory, and a general store.
- The Empire: The cause of much of the game's strife.
- Gainaxing: Hatsuki's battle sprite is far more detailed than the enemy's, with her chest heaving during her Idle Animation, and bouncing at a ludicrous rate when at critical health.
- Honey Trap: One of La Résistance's agents, Coroey, specializes in these instead of assassinations.
- Infant Immortality: Semi-averted; one of Hatsuki's first meetings with Bruneau involved them saving a young girl that was the victim of an Empire carriage hit-and-run.
- Jack the Ripoff: The Act 1 Boss is Jack the Reaper, a member of The Empire's "Wild Trumps" squad that is also a serial killer of women.
- La Résistance: Sigma, a group attempting to overthrow The Empire through assassinations, espionage, and other secret missions.
- The Mole: There is at least one within La Résistance, explaining how Hatsuki's gained a reputation despite her job involving stealth and not leaving behind witnesses.
- Multiple Endings: There's 5 of 'em, mostly dependent on if, when, and how much Hatsuki indulges in lewd activities.
- Named Weapons: Hatsuki's katana is named "Demon Blade Rougetsu"
- Red Baron: Hatsuki is known as the "Black Death".
- Schmuck Bait: The first boss, upon being defeated, states that the empire forced him into evil work and asks Hatsuki to spare him. This is after a flashback in which Hatsuki was stabbed by someone that pulled the exact same trick, but the player can still choose to fall for it and get assaulted.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Coroey is killed in her first scene, assassinated before she could kill the man she was sleeping with.