The Heiress is a Role-Playing Game with visuals intended for a mature audience, created with RPG Maker, developed by OneOne1, and published by Sakura Game. It was released on Steam on August 11, 2017. It is not to be confused with the theatrical adaptation of a book by Henry James.
Alice is the daughter of a noble aristocrat, but his untimely passing has left her not only destitute, but in debt to loan sharks. With only a single loyal servant still at her side, Alice had to take up work as a bounty hunter and take on every job that came her way, no matter how difficult or degrading. Meanwhile, Hilda, delegate of the Eden Church, is a rising star in the land, whose beauty and ruthlessness has led to even the king of the land being helpless before her charms. However, she's both aware of and extremely envious of Alice's own charms, and is set on utterly breaking the girl's spirit before she can become a real threat.
This game makes use of the following Tropes:
- Bleached Underpants: The most lascivious elements of CGs have been censored.
- Bodyguard Crush: Alice has a crush on J, her guardian that stuck with her after the family went bankrupt, and wishes he'd see her as an adult.
- Corrupt Church: The Eden Church.
- Freudian Excuse: Hilda had an "unspeakable experience" in the land of Schramm before her current rise to power.
- Forced into Evil: If the player ends up on the Made a Slave path, Alice ends up bought by the Eden Church.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Hilda is already in a position of power, but feels threatened by Alice's good looks.
- Handicapped Badass: J lost an arm, presumably in war, yet still serves as Alice's intimidating protector.
- Hates Being Touched: Hilda, due to her Freudian Excuse.
- Made a Slave: If Alice fails to satisfy the debt collector at the end of a chapter, the player will be put on an alternative (and more Fanservice-heavy) story line in which Alice is auctioned off to pay the family's debts.
- Mage Marksman: Alice, combining magic-powered guns with elemental spells to take on bounties.
- One-Letter Name: J, Alice's guardian.
- Schmuck Bait: Should Alice defeat the boss of the first chapter, a succubus that was targeting a client that's suddenly rose to great acclaim and wealth through suspicious means, she'll be invited to stay at the client's house for the night. Accepting the offer has the client drug and sexually abuse her.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Alice has one, which can first come to light if she loses to the first chapter boss.