Material Girl is an H-Game developed by Dieselmine, and published by Sakura Game. It was released internationally on June 20, 2017, but in February 2022, an agreement was made to stop the distribution of the game on Steam. It is not to be confused with a song by Madonna, a British romantic comedy set in the fashion world, or a webcomic about a girl's clothes forcing themselves upon her brother.
Sakura is a born beauty, having many fans at her school despite being unskilled at social contact. One of the main concerns that constantly bothers her is her financial situation; her family is poor, and gave her a pitiful allowance growing up, causing her to dream of becoming rich ever since she was a child. One day, Sakura's parents are called away for business, and it doesn't seem like they'll be back any time soon, leaving Sakura alone and without nearly enough money to pay for the upcoming bills. Thus, Sakura decides to balance her school life with a couple of part-time jobs...and quickly finds out that Sex Sells.
This game uses the following Tropes:
- Evil Teacher: Satou, whose "safety inspections" at the front gate of Sakura's school are an excuse to act perverted towards schoolgirls.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sakura wears her hair like this at school and while working part time.
- Multiple Endings: There are 3 endings, based on your choice and how you handled the situation throughout the game:
- If Sakura knows how to keep herself from every problem, does honest jobs and hasn’t lost her purity for a single time, she will be rewarded by a wonderful school-life romance with her Childhood Friend, who has had a crush on her for a long time. This is truly the Golden Ending, with the only downside is that you must calculate your money well and work to the bone until the end beforehand.
- If Sakura keeps finding herself in problem and notably, doesn’t fiercely resist when other men forced their way on her, she will later quit school to become a slave for one of the people who take advantage of her submission and timidity. The worst ending of the three, unless you’re interested in such thing...
- This ending is a hard one to obtain, featuring Sakura's downfall. She accepts sexual jobs with high payment, then spends all the money for partying. Not so long after, she becomes a procurer owning the international nightclub chain, living a life of luxury but in exchange, she is still a plaything for her own employees. Not much better compared to the upper ending, but at least she achieves her lifelong dream.
- Playboy Bunny: One of the costumes Sakura can have.
- Pretty in Mink: The black mink scarf in the red dress costume.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: A student at Sakura's school is attracted to the look, and will even pay Sakura to make her wear some.
- Sex Sells: The one way to make money faster than working your ass to the bone in a random bakery.
- School Idol: Thanks to her beauty, Sakura has many fans at school despite her bad social skill.