Me is a 2017 Platform Game created by Jackthecreative. In it, you control "Me", an orange word who goes through other words. The game is considered an example of playable poetry and tells a story about the Pursuit of Happiness.
It can be played here.
This game provides examples of:
- Can't Take Criticism: Rather literally. "Idea" platforms and "Me" die when "Criticism" touches them. "Happiness" platforms block them, though.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Dying just brings you back to the previous checkpoint.
- Fake Platform: You fall through the "Trap" platform.
- The Hero Dies: At the final stretch, "Me" goes through fading "Years" platforms while slowing down, eventually reaching the "Death" platform and stopping.
- Interface Screw: Touching "Drink" makes the game and platforms seem shakey.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No real plot is present in the game, other than the pursuit of happiness and platforming on words.
- Optional Sexual Encounter: Touching "Sex", which doesn't have to be done, turns the whole game upside down for a moment.
- The Points Mean Nothing: You can gain money for points, but they don't affect anything.
- Schmuck Bait: The "Trap" platform has a bit of money on it, but as the name implies, "Me" will fall through the platform.
- Temporary Platform: "Hope" platforms fall as soon as "Me" touches them.