Subvein is a freeware multiplayer top-view shooter, in which you play a soldier whose inconvenient mutations gives him the power of acquiring inhuman abilities, including the aforementioned bullet time, Invisibility, and two or three varieties of Healing, split between three different skill trees.
The game offers Team play as Scientists or Rebels, or Free-for-all as Mercenaries on battle maps.
The game is currently undergoing constant updates and changes.
This game has examples of:
- BFG: There are several, one for every category of weapons even. Prepare to fork out some dough for them, though, and make sure you're prepared to either live or race to your corpse to see whether it's still there.
- Bullet Time
- Capture the Flag: While you have the standard flag, you can also find Radios to carry as part of the mission. Unfortunately, they're heavy, and they give off a beacon signal on the minimap.
- ClassAndLevelSystem: Skills are classified under three different skill trees. While you can mix and match, you need to invest points in one tree to access beyond the basic skills.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Possible since every skill has a Necessary Drawback.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Blade Fury, a skill which creates multiple blades spinning around you.
- Every Bullet Is a Tracer
- Isometric Projection
- Level Editor
- Ludicrous Gibs: Slashing people with a lightsaber will reduce them to this. There is even a skill where, upon killing an enemy, will explode the corpse and cause the gibs to fly and kill another enemy.
- Point Build System: And, for every 10 skill points you spend on one skill tree, you get a synergy point absolutely free!
- Revolvers Are Just Better: The Tazers (formerly Shock Revolver) not only slows targets, but ignores Barrier.
- Standard FPS Guns
- Teleport Spam: Averted; You must channel the skill before teleporting and a long cooldown before you can teleport again.
- Very High Velocity Rounds: Averted — all bullets in your Bullet Time field will be slowed.