- OHNO! LYLE'S KITTY HAS BEEN STOLENED
AND NOW HE MUST JOURNEY THROUGH THE
WONKED OUT LANDS OF THE CUBESECTOR TO
RETRIEVE HIS MEOWMEOW COMPANION!
You work with cubes. With the right upgrades, you can throw them at enemies, use them to propel yourself higher, and make them materialize in your hands. You must use these abilities skillfully in the cube sector to find your cat.
Available for download here.
This work contains the following tropes:
- Boss Arena Idiocy:
- Klobbur's arena's ceiling is made of blue cubes, one of which doesn't get destroyed when it lands, just so you can hit him with it.
- Psychovyle's arena's floor crumbles every time he uses his super ground pound.
- Breaking Out: The second boss.
- Checkpoint Starvation: there aren't any. While there is a teleportation room next to the starting location, various areas and in particular the second and third boss are far, far away from any of these.
- Chain Reaction Destruction: The bosses die like this.
- Collision Damage: Wait for cubes to stop bouncing before you touch them.
- The latest version makes bouncing cubes harmless.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Enemies all go out in explosive ways. Psychovyle's death explosion actually propels Lyle out of the pit the two fell in after the final boss fight.
- Drought Level of Doom: The gauntlet before the last boss, although it has gold cubes containing CP-restoring powerups scattered about and two gold cubes with HP and CP powerups at the very end. If you enter the next room and immediately turn back, these will respawn.
- Excuse Plot
- Grimy Water: Green toxic waste will kill you instantly, as opposed to the red lava, which just does one point of damage.
- Ground Pound: Psychovyle uses these and does a particularly powerful one when you hit him.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:CAUTION: LARGE POINTY THING
- Improbable Weapon User
- Item Get!: You get a brief description of what you can do with an item.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Cube: Why can't Lyle climb over the blocks he would otherwise have to kick?
- Because his head is too big to fit through the gap.
- Kick The Cat
- Nintendo Hard
- Spikes of Doom
- Tactical Suicide Boss: Most of the bosses tend to have an attack that winds up biting them.
- Klobbur would be invincible if he didn't ram the walls and drop a cube from the ceiling for you to kick/throw into him.
- Buggzy is the Breakout boss mentioned above and would also be unhittable if he didn't shoot a bounceable green shot.
- Psychovyle smashes the floor with enough force to damage it with the super ground pound he does when you hit him with a cube after stunning him. Even more ridiculous, he runs directly into the electric beams that stun him.
- Weird American Thing
- With This Herring
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: Don't attack the cow or the baby bird any more than is necessary to get their respective powerups. They fight back.