It is set in a world where runaway global warming had occurred, and the humans, or "earthwalkers" as the ocean's denizens know them, no longer seem to exist, as the cities were flooded a long time ago. However, much of the humanity's abandoned technology persists, and is still disruptive due to the noise it makes. The player controls a dolphin named Jupiter, who is tasked by the Elders to shut them down, with the help of her mate Mars.
Tropes present in this game:
- After the End: The game is set in a post-human world where the cities were drowned by the rising tides a long time ago.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Pretty much every undersea creature in the game has bright neon markings on them in addition to their normal colors.
- Attack Drones: Abandoned underwater drones still travel on their sentry routes.
- Aura Vision: Jupiter's echolocation functions in this manner.
- Beautiful Void: Many of the environments are styled in this manner.
- Green Aesop: Besides the game showing the consequences of runaway global warming, it also portrays plastic pollution and the damage being done by the leftover machines.
- Monumental Damage Resistance: The Statue of Liberty is still standing, even though it is submerged to the point you get to swim right up to the Statue's face, with only the torch still sticking out above the water.
- Notice This: Key items and structures glow when highlighted with echolocation.
- One Hitpoint Wonder: Getting hit instantly resets Jupiter to the previous checkpoint.
- Shockwave Stomp: Your Vortex Ring is essentially an undersea equivalent of one.
- Suspiciously Cracked Wall: There are cracked rocks and other such objects that you can order Mars to shatter by ramming, either to advance, or to find some collectable.
- Take Cover!: There are rocks that'll protect Jupiter from the damaging sonar pulses sent out by the leftover machines, allowing her to sneak up to their power sources and disable them.
- Tomboyish Name: You are playing as a female dolphin, who is nevertheless named after the key male god of the Greco-Roman pantheon.
- Video Game Caring Potential: You can use your Vortex Ring not only to drive off hostile creatures like jellyfish, but also to free sea turtles and crabs that got stuck in piles of accumulated plastic.