A delivery man is driving his van down the highway one night for what he thinks is another routine delivery when he comes across a downed tree. Grabbing his flashlight, he sees a crashed truck behind the tree, with a dead body lying next to it. Taking another route, the radio says there are zombies going around eating people. He ends up hitting one, which causes his van to become busted.
From there, the delivery man decides he needs to get home.
The game was released for PC around November 18th, 2019.
Dead County contains examples of:
- Always Night: The game takes place over a single night.
- Elite Zombie: The Boss Battle of the game is a big strong hulking zombie who was your uncle.
- Handgun: Your first weapon in the game. It can put down zombies in two-to-four shots.
- The Jaywalking Dead: The delivery guy's van hits a zombie enjoying a meal on the highway. The impact kills the zombie, and totals the engine.
- Inventory Management Puzzle: You can only hold four items at a time. If you want to carry anything else, but your inventory is full, you need to drop something.
- Lock and Key Puzzle: You will need to find keys to unlock some doors.
- Post-Apocalyptic Traffic Jam: The game starts with the delivery guy coming across crashed vehicles.
- Retraux: The game is done in the style of Survival Horror classics like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Alone in the Dark, complete with blocky graphics, Camera Screw, and door opening animations.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: A shotgun is the second weapon you can wield in the game. It can put down zombies with one shot.
- Tempting Fate: When the delivery guy finally gets home, he hopes his uncle Bobby is alright. Guess who becomes an Elite Zombie Boss Battle.
- Zombie Apocalypse: With all the zombies wandering around, this is a given.
- Zombie Gait: The Zombies in the game walk in typical zombie fashion, though they look like their arms are above their heads.