You play as Chuchel, a round... something with a hat, and you try to get a hold on a very elusive cherry. The game is a series of unrelated puzzles in a Chowder-like world filled with colorful creatures and absurd humor.
Chuchel was released in 2018 for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. The official page of the game can be found here.
Chuchel provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: The purplish-red creature you compete/cooporate with for the cherry all game is apparently named Kekel.
- Blackface: Subverted twice. The title character originally looked like a little hairball version of Mr. Popo in an orange hat, but didn't display any of the stereotypes that blackface usually comes with, and which comprise the actual reason anyone considers the art style offensive. The creator still inverted the character's color palate to what is seen above when people started making the comparisons, however, just to be safe.
- Character Title
- Cartoon Creature: Kekel, the purplish-red creature you compete/cooporate with for the cherry throughout the game.
- Friendship-Straining Competition: Chuchel and his rival Kekel are in competition through all the game but have moments of apparent friendship.
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: There are no spoken words in the whole game.
- Slippery MacGuffin: The cherry. It drives the whole game and it's very, very slippery.
- We ARE Struggling Together: Chuchel and Kekel switch between competing and cooperating to obtain the cherry, depending on the level. by the end they become genuine friends and decide to split the cherry.
- Womb Level: The last level takes place inside a much larger individual of Chuchel's species, whose hand it turns out is the one that's been moving the cherry form level to level the entire time.
- World of Chaos: The game's setting is a very surreal world that does not appear to have any sort of rules or internal logic to it at all.