It follows a child's bad day at kindergarten. The protagonist, Mitarou, may be one of Charon's previous works' heroines' son.
Warning: That story is really short and simple so it's recommended to play or see it before seeing that page to get the full surprise factor. As such, spoilers will be UNMARKED.
Bokko Youchien includes:
- Antagonistic Offspring: It is implied Mitarou becomes one in the Bad End."There is something you can't tell Mom, right ?" [cries]
- Big Bad: Kotomi is the local school bully who targets Mitarou.
- Bilingual Bonus: People who read Japanese will see the first twist (and maybe feel the second) right by reading the game's title.
- Call-Back: One of the teachers from Mitarou's school is Ayano from Mix Ore.
- Children Are Innocent: Conversed and Deconstructed.The innocence of a child is frightening. That's why...That's why, horrible malice...It grew stronger and stronger, towards the boy that recently moved.I know I wasn't really doing such a thing on purpose. I could only express my feelings with awful language and violence.My feelings changed each time. I couldn't control myself. My feelings didn't want to show themselves. They didn't want to move. Just wanting and waiting to die.I couldn't tell anyone. I was suffering and I couldn't make it disappear with my intentions.I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But I couldn't stop myself.If this pain was going to continue on and on, I just wanted to break everything.Even if I scream and go crazy in a small room all by myself, no one would care.I wanted the courage to jump out of that window.If, I wasn't allowed to go back, or do anything and get tied up, I would like my memories to be gone.I didn't want to show my real self.I wanted to erase myself.
- The Dog Bites Back: In the bad ending, Mitarou pushes Kotomi off a cliff.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Averted- Mitarou's plight is not Played for Laughs in the slightest.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: Kotomi says Mitarou's mom is a killer. She's probably right, given that said mom is Mikoto.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Played with. Kotomi is perfectly cute in appearance, but a potty mouth and recklessly abuses poor Mitarou. Kotomi claims she does it because she does not know how to express her feelings without embarassing herself.
- The Fake Cutie: Kotomi.
- Minimalist Cast: There are two primary characters, and two secondary (Mitarou's mother and the teacher).
- Playable Epilogue: For Mikoto Nikki, as Mitarou is a portmanteau of Mikoto and Matarou ♪, and is revealed to be their son.
- Meaningful Name: Kindergarten of Bashing, in which a boy is bullied relentlessly by a girl.
- School Bullying Is Harmless: Averted, as Matarous torment at the hands of Kotomi is played seriously and can end with him killing her.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Reverse the syllables/kanji of Kotomi to get Mikoto.
- Shame If Something Happened: When Kotomi brings Mitarou to the cliff, she talks about it and how fatal a fall from this height would be to Mitarou. But she's talking about herself.KILLDON'T KILL
- Society Is to Blame: The probable aesop of the game. Kotomi was mean to Mitarou because she wanted to be pushed off a cliff as she couldn't find a way to confess her feelings to him while continuing to be The Cutie because she's a Tsundere.
- Tsundere: Deconstructed. Kotomi apparently has a crush on Mitarou, but does not know how to express her feelings while preserving her image, but she really loves being with Mitarou so she hangs out with him while showering him in abuse. Mitarou never realizes this until she tells him in the good ending, in the bad ending he straight-up kills her, and it's left ambiguous whether she's just messing with him even more.
- The Woobie: Mitarou, as the game is told from his viewpoint and he is the victim of Kotomi.
- Unreliable Narrator: Neither Mitarou nor the narrator contradict what Kotomi said about being mean to Mitarou because she loves him.