- Cross-Dressing Voices: Pamela Adlon does the voice of Andy.
- Image Source: This show provides the page image for Dogs Hate Squirrels.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The show has not been seen on television ever since March 2009 and never received a home video release. It is also not available through any streaming services and is noted as one of the few 2000s Cartoon Network originals to have never aired on Boomerang as well as one that never aired during the run of the 2012 Cartoon Planet revival block. Despite this, a fair amount of full episodes are available on YouTube. Good luck finding the whole series though.
- The Other Marty: In the pilot "Kite Makes Right", Rob Paulsen voiced Rodney. The series proper now has him voiced by Richard Horvitz.
- Screwed by the Merchandise: From August up until September 2007, McDonalds made a deal with Cartoon Network to promote their comedy series by selling a toyline of pencil topper toys in their Happy Meals, consisting of characters from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, and Squirrel Boy. It's bad enough that the latter show was getting Screwed by the Network at the time (see below), but this toyline failed to save it from this status, as the show coincidentally got cancelled on the last day McDonald's promoted the network.
- Screwed by the Network: Right after "Stranger Than Friction". The series got less and less schedule spots until it was removed from the lineup or at least aired in non-primetime hours, its new episodes being an exception. After its cancellation, the show returned to primetime hours in early 2008 as part of the Funny for Your Face block before disappearing a few months later. In February 2009 the series abruptly returned to the schedule for a brief amount of time, after an 8-month silence. It made its final appearance on television the following month and then had pretty much all of its evidence of existence swept under the rug by CN, with the only thing left of the show on their website being the games (which have to be searched for and aren't displayed on the website's dropdown game selection).
- The Wiki Rule: The Squirrel Boy Wiki
Trivia / Squirrel Boy