- Approval of God: Jhonen Vasquez reportedly loves the fact that Chuck was based on GIR's dog suit, saying "It's like I have my own Mr. Sparkle!"
- Bad Export for You: The early copies of the UK DVD release were based off of faulty masters that cut the last 20-30 seconds off of the last three episodes. Unfortunately, that meant The Stinger from the finale was lost as well. Thankfully, the publisher fixed this issue, with the DVD reissued two months after the original release.
- Development Hell: Season 2 has been hinted by Gainax since 2011. To make matters worse, the original crew has since left the series, putting the production in extreme jeopardy. In December 2016, it seemed Season 2 was finally happening. However, it turned out the announcement was about an anime cafe, an exhibition◊ and concept shoes for the cafe's staff. In an AMA on r/anime, Hiromi Wakabayashi said (through a translator) that he and the team at Studio Trigger would very much like to work on Season 2, but indicated that it has been Screwed by the Lawyers. In early 2021, it was revealed through merch made for the "World of Hiroyuki Imaishi" exhibition that Studio Khara (the current owners of Neon Genesis Evangelion) had obtained the rights to the show. The future of Season 2 remains up in the air however.
- Fan Community Nickname: Fallen angels, for the fans of the series.
- Fan Nickname:
- God Does Not Own This World: Rather infamously, most of the people who worked on the show left and founded Studio Trigger shortly after the show ended. They've expressed their desire to come back to the series and work on it again, but can't because Gainax still has the rights to it, which might be why Geek Boy Homecoming was released.
- I Knew It!:
- Image Source:
- Quote Source: For You Are Worth Hell.
- Rule 34 Creator Reactions: Gainax is well aware of the Rule 34, and greatly supports it - going as far to tell Doujinshi artists to "work hard" for the Comiket 79.
- Sampling: The theme "Fly Away" originated from a sample library called Vocal Forge.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Various people who worked on the series have expressed a desire to make a second season. Unfortunately, most of the original staff left Gainax to form Studio Trigger, and they can't make another season since Gainax still owns the rights to the series.
- Screwed by the Network: The show was abruptly cancelled after 13 episodes.
- Trolling Creator: Studio Trigger posted on their Twitter account a picture of a pile of one dollar bills which featured angel wings (not unlike Heaven Coins) and the words "Who Can We Trust?" a few hours before making an upcoming series announcement at their panel at Anime Expo 2017. The announcement was for three new series that have absolutely nothing to do with Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt in any conceivable way.
- Video Source:
- What Could Have Been: A minor example in that the early character concept sketches showed Panty with two-tone hair like Stocking's—her regular blonde on the outside, pink on the inside. Another showed her with blonde hair and with red eyes.
- The Wiki Rule: Fuckin' A, man! WARNING: May be NSFW in some places.
- Written by Cast Member: Jamie Marchi wrote the English dub scripts and voiced Panty.
Trivia / Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt