- All-Star Cast:
- Warner Bros. has assembled a cast just as impressive as the cast for Disney's 2016 remake: Andy Serkis, Benedict Cumberbatch, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Eddie Marsan, Jack Reynor and Peter Mullan.
- The Hindi dub has a few Bollywood stars: Abhishek Bachchan (Bagheera), Kareena Kapoor (Kaa), Madhuri Dixit (Nisha), Anil Kapoor (Baloo) and Jackie Shroff (Shere Khan)..
- Channel Hop: The film was set up at Warner Bros. for an October 2018 release, but fears of comparisons to Disney's live-action The Jungle Book remake, not to mention the previous failure of Pan, resulted in Warner Bros. selling all worldwide rights to Netflix in preparation for a December 2018 release through them.
- Directed by Cast Member: This is Andy Serkis' first movie as director, and he also plays Baloo.
- Real-Life Relative: Louis Ashbourne Serkis, the son of Andy Serkis, plays Bhoot.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Like Disney's 2016 version, a sizable portion of this movie's cast have been in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. To wit, you have director Andy Serkisnote , Cate Blanchettnote , and Benedict Cumberbatchnote as Baloo, Kaa, and Shere Khan, respectively. In addition, all three have been in the Middle-earth filmsnote .
- Release Date Change: Despite being announced prior to the Disney remake, the film has had its release date pushed back twice to avoid Dueling Works with the aforementioned remake, placing the debut in October 2017 and October 2018 respectively, taking the spot that was initially meant for Aquaman, and then the (wide) theatrical release was scrapped altogether in favor of a Netflix release in December 2018.
- Saved from Development Hell: Announced in 2012, completed in 2015, and finally released in 2018. The fact that Disney released another Jungle Book adaptation in the meantime didn't do it any favors.
- What Could Have Been:
- Working Title: Jungle Book: Origins
Trivia / Mowgli