Peter Mullan (born 2 November 1959 in Peterhead, Scotland) is a Scottish actor and filmmaker. With his gravelly voice and strong accent, he's become very recognizable in film and television as an actor in the vein of Ray Winstone, i.e. someone who appears tailor-made to play tough guys but approaches his roles with such thought and commitment that he's become greatly admired by colleagues and critics alike.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: With his compactly muscular frame and intimidating voice, Mullan cuts an intimidating figure. However, he's a conscientious leftist who wrote and directed The Magdalene Sisters because the victims of the Catholic Church-run Magdalene Laundries received no closure, apology or even recognition of the abuses suffered within.
- 1994 Shallow Grave as Andy
- 1995 Braveheart as Veteran
- 1996 Trainspotting as Swanney "Mother Superior"
- 1999 Miss Julie as Jean
- 2001 Session 9 as Gordon Fleming
- 2002 The Magdalene Sisters as Mr O'Connor (also wrote and directed)
- 2003 Kiss Of Life as John
- 2004 Out Of This World as Jim
- 2004 Criminal as William Hannigan
- 2006 Children of Men as Syd
- 2007 The Last Legion as Odoacer
- 2009 Red Riding as Martin Laws
- 2010-2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as Yaxley
- 2011 Tyrannosaur as Joseph
- 2011 War Horse as Ted Narracott
- 2013 Welcome to the Punch as Roy Edwards
- 2014 Hercules (2014) as General Sitacles
- 2018 Mowgli as Akela