Raymon Andrew "Ray" Winstone (born February 17 1957) is a British actor who has been acting since 1976.
You'll recognise him when you hear him, usually. He is usually found playing Cockneys and does a good London Gangster. However, don't let that fool you. He's a terrific actor who can definitely go outside his usual type.
Has three kids and is a big West Ham supporter.
His notable roles:
- Scum as Carlin and the source of the above mentioned "WHO'S THE DADDY NOW? WHO'S THE FUCKING DADDY NOW? I'M THE DADDY NOW!"
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Beowulf (2007) as Beowulf.
- The Departed as Mr. French.
- The 2006 BBC (non-musical) take on Sweeney Todd, the titular role.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe as Mr. Beaver.
- A 2003 drama about Henry VIII. Guess what role he played.
- That's right, a Cockney Henry VIII.
- Robin of Sherwood as Will Scarlet, who in this retelling is a Sociopathic Hero with, yes, a modern Cockney accent in the Middle Ages East Midlands.
- The Proposition, a good Australian western film.
- Sexy Beast, in which he had the rare distinction of being terrorised by
GandhiBen Kingsley, who also played the title character in the biopic Gandhi.
- Nil By Mouth as Ray.
- Quadrophenia as Kevin, the Rocker.
- Killzone 3 as Admiral Orlock.
- The Sweeney (2012 movie adaptation) as Detective Inspector Regan. Someone in the casting department must have noticed the original's running theme of Regan being Not So Different from some of the villains he was putting away and decided to run with it.
- King of Thieves as Danny Jones.