Mary Elizabeth Winstead is an American actress, born in November 28, 1984.
She started off as a scream queen, having been in Final Destination 3 and the remake of Black Christmas (2006), as well as Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof. She also portrayed Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. She got much more mainstream exposure playing Bruce Willis' daughter in Live Free or Die Hard and playing a dancer in Make It Happen.
Notable roles of Mary Elizabeth Winstead:
- Passions — Jessica Bennet #1
- The Ring Two — Young Evelyn
- Sky High (2005) — Gwen Grayson/Royal Pain
- Final Destination 3 — Wendy Christensen
- Black Christmas (2006) (The Remake) — Heather
- Live Free or Die Hard — Lucy McClane
- Death Proof — Lee
- Make It Happen — Lauryn Kirk
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World — Ramona V. Flowers
- The Thing (2011) — Kate Lloyd
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter — Mary Todd Lincoln
- Smashed — Kate Hannah
- A Good Day to Die Hard — Lucy McClane
- 10 Cloverfield Lane — Michelle
- Swiss Army Man — Sarah
- Mercy Street — Mary Phinney
- BrainDead (2016) — Laurel Healy
- Fargo (Season 3) — Nikki Swango
- Love, Death & Robots: "Ice Age" — Gail
- Birds of Prey — Helena Bertinelli / Huntress
Tropes associated with Mary Elizabeth Winstead's works:
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Her characters tend to play with this trope a lot, but it's usually downplayed or subverted.
- The Cast Showoff: Make it Happen is pretty much made to see how well Winstead dances. Happens unintentionally in Death Proof, where Tarantino wrote her character a scene where she's singing along with her MP3 player, unaware that Winstead is also a pretty decent singer.
- Contralto of Danger: Her voice is quite deep and husky and she often plays badass characters.
- Deadpan Snarker: Does this in a few roles, and does it really well.
- Ms. Fanservice: Particularly in Make it Happen. She is also listed in the "Hottest Women" lists.
- Scream Discretion Shot: Goes with the territory of being known as a "Scream Queen". Until The Thing (2011), anyways.
- She's Got Legs: Obviously, look at that picture. Also, in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. A deleted scene in Death Proof has Stuntman Mike oggle her legs.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5"8 and very attractive.
- Technopath: Her character in Sky High (2005) is the Trope Namer.
- What Could Have Been: The part of Maria Hill in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was a toss-up between her and Cobie Smulders (who ultimately got the part). She was also considered for Sharon Carter in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, before that went to Emily VanCamp.