Film-specific Trivia pages
- B-Team Sequel: While there was no official reboot, the tone shifted notably between the Tim Burtonhelmed Batman (1989) and Batman Returns and the Joel Schumacherhelmed Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.
- Cast the Runner-Up:
- Michelle Pfeiffer was considered for Vicki Vale in Batman (1989). However, she was dating Michael Keaton at the time and it was decided that wouldn't work. She later played Catwoman in Batman Returns.
- Nicole Kidman was among those considered for Catwoman. She would later play Dr. Chase Meridian in Batman Forever.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was among those considered for Batman the first time round. He would later play Mr. Freeze in Batman & Robin.
- Corey Haim was considered for Robin in Batman Forever. He makes a brief cameo as a biker in Batman & Robin.
- Creator's Pest: Robin doesn't appear in either Batman (1989) or Batman Returns because both Tim Burton and screenwriter Daniel Waters hated him. To quote Waters:One of our big bonding issues is me and Tim Burton hate Robin. He's just the most worthless character in the world, especially with Tim's conception of Batman as the loner of loners, to have this gushing boy run around, it made us both kind of sick to our stomachs!
- The Other Darrin
- Batman/Bruce Wayne was played in Batman (1989) and Batman Returns by Michael Keaton, who then quit the role and was replaced by Val Kilmer for Batman Forever, who also quit the role and was replaced George Clooney for Batman & Robin. Keaton will be reprising his role in The Flash.
- The character Harvey Dent/Two-Face was played by Billy Dee Williams in Batman (1989) and Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever. Williams appeared solely as "Harvey Dent", pre-Two-Face, but took the role with the expectation of returning to play the villain in a sequel; when he was replaced for Batman Forever he ended up getting paid in compensation. Williams finally got to play Two-Face nearly thirty years later in The LEGO Batman Movie.
- Role Reprise:
- Word of God: According to Sam Hamm, the co-writer of the first film and the writer of Batman '89, the Burton films take place on Earth-89 while the Schumacher films take place on Earth-97.