Toby Terrier and his Video Pals is a 1990s direct-to-video series about Toby Terrier and his friends, a group of dogs who work in showbiz and run their own television station.
The series' main gimmick was their relation to the Toby Terrier toy from Tiger Electronics, who, when placed in front of the TV, could speak and wag his tail along with the video. 10 episodes were produced in all.
This series contains examples of:
- Fractured Fairy Tale: The Three Little Pigs goes off-the-rails when the third little pig builds his house out of aluminum siding. Then, when he builds it out of bricks like he's supposed to, he doesn't use mortar and the wolf blows the house away. Luckily, the three pigs then blow the wolf away.
- Liar Revealed: In the first episode Toby pretends to know everything about working at a TV station, but eventually reveals the truth, that he doesn't.
- Mad Libs Dialogue: Some sections of the show paused in anticipation of the Toby toy responding.
- The Musical: Every episode had songs in it.
- Parental Bonus: Some jokes and sketches were aimed more at parents, like an entire plot reference to an I Love Lucy episode.
- Variety Show: Every episode had a variety of sketches and programs supplemented by an a-plot.
- Whole Plot Reference: I Love Lassie is one to the chocolate episode of I Love Lucy only with dog biscuits instead of chocolate.