*A portal in the fabric of reality rips open in front of you. Shortly afterward, a blonde teenage girl holding a bright, glowing wand and a pair of scissors jumps through the portal as it closes*
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii! My name is Star Butterfly! Sorry about jumping out at you. It's a long story. I was using my dimensional scissors that my friend Ponyhead gave to me. I was supposed to be picking up nachos for my buddy Marco! But, I guess I messed up a bit. Now I'm here, in this weird...place with all these words? And what's that text at the top saying Self Demonstrating? The heck is going in here?
Oh, wait, I'm sorry, where are my manners! You're probably confused, aren't you? Apologies. Anyways, like I said, my name is Star Butterfly! I'm the princess of Mewni, a far off kingdom from another dimension! I was supposed to take the family wand up and become the new queen, but...uh...well, I don't like to dwell on it. So my parents sent me to this weird place called Earth, where people who look just like me spend their time NOT doing magical spells and rather go to this place called School and do this weird thing called Math. Weird huh? I don't get it! Where are the warnicorns!?
But, whatever. Once I was enlisted as a thing called a "Foreign Exchange Student", I moved in with my pal Marco. Marco...is awesome. He's bestest bestest best friend in the world! Or...at least on Earth. My other friend Ponyhead is more my best friend in Mewni. But anyways, Marco is awesome, like I said! He makes nachos, he knows kah-rah-tah (that's how you say it right? And why are those words blue?) and he has feelings for this other awesome friend of mine, Jackie Lynn Thomas! I was able to help him get a date or two with her and now their officially boyfriend and girlfriend! BF and GF! But...I dunno, I do feel like Marco could do better. (There it is again! Weird.)
Oh, but whatever. Sadly, not everything is great. Recently I kinda had to go back to Mewni with my mom because Toffee was out to get me. ...Oh wait, I never talked about Toffee, did I? Oh my gosh, how could I forget Toffee! Yeah, so, basically I like to fight monsters as a hobby. One of these monsters is this weird ugly bird thing called Ludo. He kinda sounds like my dad if my dad were evil, short and wore rags. We had to team up once to defeat Toffee, who is this evil lizard guy who apparently sounds like an infamous serial killer. I don't hear it. Anyway, he pretended to work for Ludo before turning the tables on him and taking over. He kidnapped Marco and made me choose between letting him die and destroying my wand. I chose the latter. We got rid of him... or so I thought. Now he's apparently possessing Ludo's body and preparing to come looking for me. Mewni's about to go to war and I need to be there...
But, let's not focus on that right now! I think I know how to get out of here. So, I took a look around while I was explaining all that. It says that if I list these things called "troop-ees" about myself, then I might be able to get out of here. Well, okay then. I'm sure I could do that! I mean, anything to get out of here. (Okay seriously, what is this blue text about?}
And don't worry about me when I get back. Things might look bad but they always work out in the end. Especially when I'm involved! I'm Star Butterfly! I always win! Right?
Trope-tastic TEXT DISPLAY!!!
- Action Girl: Oh, totally! Even though I kinda find magic to be a bit hard, I've been kicking monster butt for a long time!
- Alien Catnip: I! Love! Sugar! I put it on everything, even burritos. For some odd reason Marco doesn't like that.
- Ambiguously Bi: StarFan13 has a crush on me. So what? It's cute! ...Hey, what does "ambiguous" mean anyhow?
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Why are so many people always about having to plan out their attacks and stuff? If you see a threat or a monster, just kick their butt!
- Broken Pedestal: Mina Loveberry used to be my hero! ...But, Marco was right, she is kind of cray-cray.
- Brought Down to Badass: I lose my wand far too many times than I would like to confess. Fortunately, I think I'm still pretty good at whooping butts!
- Brought Down to Normal: I soon realize that magic has brought nothing but misery to both mewmans and monsters. So me and my family dipped down and made it gone. Forever.
- Character Tic: *chewing on wand* Huh?
- Comically Invincible Hero: Like I said, I'm not too great with my wand. But even without it, I tend to win most fights that I come across, whether it be with magic or hand-to-hand! What can I say? I'm blasting monsters and I never break a sweat!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: A lot of people think I'm just a normal everyday girl. And I am! You know, unless you ask for a knuckle sandwich.
- Determinator: If I have a goal, I aim for it! I once spent up all night trying to find a spell to fix Marco's weird tentacle monster arm! ...It Makes Sense in Context.
- Dude Magnet: Used to date this one demon called Tom. Now I'm hanging out with Marco! It's great to have so many friends.
- Easily Impressed: Whoa! What's that thing over there!? Random Trope? Indexes? Forums!? Holy cow, this place has everything! ...Uh, what are they exactly?
- Even the Girls Want Her: StarFan13 is the second best me I know!
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: Well, yeah! And sunshine! And puppies! And bunnies and kittens and ponies and sugaritos and nachos and chinese food and-
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: I love glittery things! But not as much as I love sparkly things!
- Expy: I've been compared to a certain horned, green-haired princess from another world.
- Fish out of Water: Eh he he he he he. Uh, when I first came to Earth, things were a little hard to understand. I had no idea what the places history is, what customs they have, what foods the humans enjoy. Thankfully, my buddy Marco helped me with that.
- Golden Super Mode: So this is what dipping down feels like. Now I know how those other guys do it.
- Green-Eyed Monster: What are you talking about!? It's perfectly fine that Marco is dating Jackie! But...really? Why Jackie? I mean, she's awesome and all, but Marco could do SO much better! Like, seriously, just because they've been together since kindergarten doesn't mean that he should just start dating her. It's just so- ...*sigh* Nevermind. Sorry, I got carried away there. Jackie better be good to you while I'm gone, Marco.
- Interspecies Romance: Well, I used to date Tom like I said. If it weren't for Toffee coming back and, well... Jackie... Maybe Marco and I could've had something... *sigh* What Could Have Been, eh?
- Love Confession: I told Marco that I loved him right in front of everyone. I couldn't just leave to go fight a war against Toffee without telling him how I felt!
- Magical Girl: Uh, duh!
- Only Child Syndrome: I'm the only child of King River and Queen Moon, my parents. Yep. Moon, River and me...
- Raised by Dudes: Kinda. I got most of my combat skills from the Mewni royal guards.
- Second Love: Marco, definitely. Or at least, it might have been if I could have just told him before Jackie and everything else happened.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: What do you mean nemesis? Me and Brittany are great friends! You know, she gave me a lollipop once! I mean, it was on the floor, already eaten and she said "why don't you suck on this", but it's the thought that counts!
- Stepford Smiler: Um, nope! I'm perfectly fine! My smiles are always bright and genuine! Nothing fazes this girl! I can handle anything! Marco... Why did I just leave you behind? I need you...
- Winged Humanoid: My mewberty wings are growing strong!
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: I really don't like it at St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses. They take you and strip you of any individuality you have! Urrgh! Remember, "It's not criminal to be an individual!"