Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
Directed by Terrance O'Hara
Scully: I am remarking that these wavelengths exist and the only thing that is stopping us from seeing them, if you will, is the biochemical structure of our eyes.
Scully and Doggett investigate a shooter who can see through walls.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Randall is slow and simple minded, barely even speaking or able to socialize with anyone.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Despite her appearance of being a helpless and innocent figure in the crimes going on Tammi was really a thief who was using and manipulating Randall's feelings for her own gain. In the end Randall realizes it, but can't bring himself to kill her.
- Danger Takes A Back Seat: Dwight, after Tammi recovers the money she stole from him (and which he stole from drug dealers).
- Downer Ending: Randall Cooper realizes he is just being used by the woman he has feelings for and his own brother. He kills his brother and is arrested, while Tammi, revealed to be a criminal herself, escapes.
- Gangsta Style: One of the drug dealers Dwight sticks up holds his gun this way.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Yes, Randall can see through walls and that's how he can shot people from a different room, but he also has very good aiming. For example, he kills his brother from a good distance, in a single shot.
- Karma Houdini: Tammi gets away scot free, fleeing after Randall kills his brother, and remains at large by the episode's end. Though the police are searching for her.
- Monster of the Week: This episode has no connection to aliens or the conspiracy, and apart from the X-Ray powers is a fairly simple crime case.
- Power Perversion Potential: Randall Copper is socially awkward and barely able to speak to the object of his affections, so he watches her all the time, including in the bathroom.
- Toplessness from the Back: Randall sees Tammi undress to take a bath like this.
- Tragic Villain: Randall Cooper is a simple minded man with X-Ray powers who is being manipulated by his brother into murdering people for him, and by the end is manipulated by the woman he has feelings for. Ultimately realizing this, killing his brother, and being arrested, refusing a lawyer.
- X-Ray Vision: Randall Cooper has this ability.