Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
Scully and Doggett clash as they investigate their first X-File together, a bat-like creature on a mission of revenge.
- Agent Scully: Doggett takes over this position from Scully, much to her chagrin to find herself the Agent Mulder now.
- Badass Normal: Doggett proves this against the Bat Monster, surviving being attacked by it and driving it off with his gun.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Scully is cold towards Doggett but later somewhat warms up to him as he shows he is a capable FBI agent and a very good partner.
- The End... Or Is It?: The Bat Thing probably survived and is still out there, and Scully wonders if it will come after her and Doggett now as well.
- Monster of the Week: A very pissed-off human bat.
- Revenge by Proxy: The human bat was attacked by a hunter in 1956 and it starts killing everyone who has that hunter's scent no matter how tenuous the link between them. This involves the hunter's wife who died of natural causes and consequently having the hunter's smell which is then transferred to the undertaker, his wife, the cop who found the body and finally even Doggett and Scully though it fails to kill Doggett and Scully.
- Think Nothing of It: As the end quote shows, Doggett doesn't think Scully needs to thank him for having her back. That's what partners do.
Doggett: Well, I never saw it as an option. I'm sure you don't either.