Plankton replaces his computer wife with a newer version only to learn that newer isn't exactly better.
- Armless Robot: Plankton seems to have put general aesthetics over practicality as he forgot to give Karen 2 arms.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Plankton basically gets a newer "trophy wife" after his "divorce" from Karen. In another light, Plankton is upgrading his computer to a newer Apple product and throwing out his old one.
- Everything Is An Ipod In The Future: Karen 2 has a very sleek chassis, resembling an Apple product as her computer is far thinner than Karen's bulky box.
- Fembot: The general design of Karen 2 in comparison to Karen's rail of a "body".
- Hartman Hips: Karen 2 has a fine set of hips and backside.
- Jerkass: Plankton and Karen 2, the latter thinking that Karen would give up after Plankton had become injured in their fight.
- Male Gaze: Karen 2 gets one of the fish to notice her curvy rear end:Fish: ...my money's on the one with the chrome back side.
- Status Quo Is God: Is anyone surprised when Karen and Plankton get back together at the end?
- TV Head Robot: Karen and Karen 2, who is more of a computer monitor-head robot.
- Woman Scorned: Computer wife scorned for that matter. Karen did not take it well when Plankton replaced her with Karen 2.
SpongeBob asks Patrick for assistance on falling asleep. Maybe he should have asked somebody else...
- An Aesop: Its important to get enough sleep.
- Butt-Monkey: SpongeBob.
- Downer Ending: SpongeBob is forced by Mr. Krabs to cry the appropriate mustard while Squidward watches with great delight.
- Hallucinations: SpongeBob experiences these while staying awake.
- Idiot Ball: Patrick of course. He really thought that Spongebob wanted to stay awake rather than go to sleep.
- The Insomniac: Mr. Krabs falsely accuses Spongebob of being this when he doesn't flip a Krabby Patty fully and uses a bit too muchnote mustard.
- Insomnia Episode
- It's the Best Whatever, Ever!: In the end, Squidward claims that it was the best day on work ever because he gets to see Spongebob being forced to cry out the mustard.
- Jerkass: Mr. Krabs, Patrick, and Squidward.
- Serious Business: Mr. Krabs is furious with Spongebob for using less than a hundredth of a percent more mustard than he should, as it will cause him to go bankrupt in just over four hundred years.
- Swiss Army Tears: Spongebob crying out the appropriate mustard.
- Too Dumb to Live: Patrick. He tries to help Spongebob to sleep well by telling him wake-up stories, singing wake-up songs, and making him drink coffee.