A Life in a Day
Patrick tries to be a daredevil just like Larry, but it's too much for SpongeBob.
A Life in a Day contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Don't take things too seriously, even if it means taking risks.
- Advice Backfire: Larry declares he lives every day as if it was his last and tells SpongeBob and Patrick they should do the same and start "living like Larry." While Larry meant that they should live their lives to the fullest, Sponge and Pat take his advice literally and start performing life-threatening daredevil stunts just as he does, eventually landing themselves and Larry in the hospital.
- Arc Words: "Livin' like Larry."
- Got Me Doing It: SpongeBob eventually starts feeling the daredevil vibe that Patrick had and sets himself and Patrick into a stunt of his own.
- Series Continuity Error: In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are shown to not know who Larry is, but in previous episodes, they do.
SpongeBob and Patrick tan themselves to enter a beach party for tan people only, but SpongeBob ends up sun bleached.
Sun Bleached contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: When a woman's young son is banned from the party for having tan lines, she just scolds him and allows Craig to throw him into the trash with the other rejected guests.
- An Aesop: Don't feel pressured to look like everyone else.
- Chick Magnet: Patrick becomes one after getting tanned, to the point of being whisked away by a group of girls and forgetting that SpongeBob is still in the tanning bed.
- Cutaway Gag: After getting tanned, Patrick remarks that he feels like one of those hip young old folks from a soda commercial. It then cuts to a fake live-action commercial of a tanned old guy advertising soda.
- Downer Ending: When everybody at the party decides to crank up the tanning lights to become sun bleached, it results in everyone turning to ash under the hot lamps.
- Eye Scream: Upon seeing SpongeBob's sun bleached skin, a fish's eyes melt out of his head and he passes out.
- For Want of a Nail: If Patrick had not ignored SpongeBob mid-tan and remembered to turn the tanning bed off, the rest of the episode wouldn't have occurred in the first place.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Craig Mammalton is an obvious parody of George Hamilton.