During a visit to a seafood diner, Bill tries to prove to the waiter he's a Big City local while Cricket and Tilly try to release an octopus; Cricket loses all the critters for his Critterball game over the fence to Big Coffee and Gloria refuses to return them.
- City People Eat Sushi: Bill's idea of a "city" restaurant is a fancy seafood place, whose menu includes sushi (or similar raw fish). The waiter takes advantage of Bill's assumption, implying he's nothing but a tourist if he doesn't order an enormous meal (and eat his sushi with chopsticks).
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Sea Fusion has some rather bizarre seafood dishes, like sashimi made of bitter sea jellies, whole fish on a taco, and live octopus on a bun.
- Free the Frogs: Cricket and Tilly attempt to free the octopi the restaurant serves.
- Idiot Houdini: Cricket and Gramma's blundering with the fish tank and trident floods the restaurant and possibly kills the waiter by washing him out to sea. They aren't made to pay for the damages, or even their meals, and their only punishment is being banned from a restaurant they don't like. Gramma even keeps the trident despite realizing it's not the one she lost, thus basically stealing it.
- Jerkass: The waiter. He refuses to believe Bill when he says he's not a tourist, and talks him into ordering the biggest and most exotic meal on the menu, so he can watch Bill try to stomach it all (which makes it very satisfying when he gets caught in the flood the octopi tank breaks, washing him out to the docks outside).
- No True Scotsman: The waiter assumes the Greens are tourists, and insists that only real Big City folk would like certain foods. While this was partly a way to get Bill to spend more, he clearly relishes belittling Bill and watching him choke down food that disgusts him. When Bill proudly admits he doesn't like any of it, the waiter calls him a bumpkin who couldn't appreciate fine dining.
- Persona Non Grata: The Greens are banned from Sea Fusion after Tilly and Cricket release all the octopi into the ocean, Gramma starts a fight with the chefs, and all of them accidentally smash open a fish tank. None of them care, as they'd decided they didn't like the place anyway.
- Prongs of Poseidon: Gramma used to fish with a trident, and assumes the one hanging on a seafood restaurant's wall is the same one she lost.
- Shout-Out: Bill's dream spoofs The Little Mermaid.
- Calvinball: The kids invented "Critterball", a combination of baseball and dodgeball. A man watching them admits to not knowing what's going on despite watching for an hour.
- The Unintelligible: Ms. Cho only speaks through muffled grunts, but Gloria has no problem understanding her.
- We Need a Distraction: Cricket needs a distraction while he retrieves the balls from Gloria's locker. Tilly and Remy then act out a melodramatic breakup scene in the café.
- Wham Episode: Cricket ends up getting a job at Big Coffee, and becomes Gloria's partner.