Bill sends Tilly to buy some paprika for his stew, but Cricket and Gramma want to beat her to the punch. Meanwhile, Nancy helps Bill in the kitchen. / The Greens go to a community center, where Tilly wants to get her own trophy, Cricket tries to find out whats behind a mysterious door, and Bill brings Gramma to a dance workout.
- An Aesop: Every job given, especially if it seems mundane, is really important.
- Cassandra Truth: When Bill puts Cricket and Gramma in charge of watching a pie, they assume it's just because he doesn't trust them to buy the paprika. When they return, they learn someone stole the pie.
- Genre Savvy: Knowing Cricket and Gramma would steal the paprika, Tilly carried it in her pocket and all they stole was an empty container.
- Hypocrite: Cricket and Gramma initially refuse to buy paprika for Bill's stew but protest against not being chosen for the task when he asks Tilly to do it.
- Survival Mantra: Tilly repeatedly chants Paprika for Papa as she goes to the store.
- Bottle Episode: Most of the episode takes place in the community center.
- Orbital Shot: Tilly has one during her Training Montage.
- Victory by Endurance: Tilly unwittingly enters a boxing match and, not wanting to hurt anyone, keeps dodging until her opponent becomes too tired to keep fighting.
- A Wizard Did It: Invoked. When Cricket finally finds out what's behind the door, he's so disappointed he makes up a story about what's there and says a wizard blocked the entrance so nobody will be able to go there again.